JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Was out doing errands today and called a place I'd never been to before to see if they had ammo (I'm intentionally not naming the store).

A lady answered the phone and she said they had a case of bulk packs.

Arrived about 20 min later, and the store has none. Zero. I ask the clerk and he didnt know of any ammo, I told him about the conversation on the phone and he said there was one other place he could check.. A locked cabinet under the register.

I looked while he opened and there were quite a few bulk packs on the right side of the cabinet. He said "nothing here". I said "whats that on the right". He reaches to the left and pulls out a box of 12 gauge "don't have room for this", he said.

I said on the right again, he pulls out something else from the center and says its a flashlight. I said ON THE RIGHT and he pulls out one of the bulk packs.

I say thats what I want and he says he cant sell it because the code isn't in the system. I said try again and he scans the bottom of the box. Nope, he says. I remind him the bar code is on the side.

He scans, price comes up, I pay.

Wife says she wants the same thing and he says "policy is one box per family".

She says the sign indicates one box per person.

She pays, we leave.

I've heard of this happening, but this is the first time it happened to me.

I'll be sending a letter to store and merchandising management.

I don't know about "stores" but I'd imagine individuals/clerks coming up with all sorts of shenanigans to wind up with the goods.. for re-sale, of course.

I see nothing wrong with an employee holding back an occasional bulk pack for themselves or a family member etc.. Just one of the perks of the job but if they are profiting or holding back large amounts then.......
If I suspected major abuse and it was a large chain then I'd report it. A small gun or sports shop then they're gonna do as they please.

I walked into a WM in King County one early morning a few weeks ago... the clerk tells me they didn't get any ammo in today. I tell him it sure looks like they got something, pointing out all the black boxes with yellow and red Tulammo writing. Glancing around, I notice a cardboard box with "Winchester" on the side. I ask him "what's that?" and he tells me "shotgun ammo". I said "no it isn't, it's something else" and he tries to argue with me. I took out my phone and asked him to call a manager or I would, he looks at me, picks the box up, puts it down in front of me and rings me up for 2000 rounds of 22LR. Chatted with the manager on the way out.

Employees who engage in this type of behavior are actually stealing from their employers. They are stealing good will which is an asset on most business balance sheets. Point that out to the management, if they don't care than that is their problem. If a smart shoplifter pursued this in court he could argue what's the difference between his stealing or an employee stealing which is evidently condoned by the above posters observations in multiple instances. Not that I like thieves, just playing devil's advocate here.

I've seen this exact same story as the OP experienced, also a walmart.

Personally, i went to my walmart and looked at the ammo section, i was very quickly approached by the lady on the counter there and asked if i was looking for ammo. When i said yes, bulk 12g, she apologised and shook her head. I didn't need any, i was just looking.
I then looked down the isle and saw their bulk 12g 100rnd packs, 4 on the shelf..... Stupid price too (~$29/100 rnds), but that's beside the point.

Employees who engage in this type of behavior are actually stealing from their employers. They are stealing good will which is an asset on most business balance sheets. Point that out to the management, if they don't care than that is their problem. If a smart shoplifter pursued this in court he could argue what's the difference between his stealing or an employee stealing which is evidently condoned by the above posters observations in multiple instances. Not that I like thieves, just playing devil's advocate here.

only if they are not paying for it. they could be hoarding it for themselves or friends who buy it for $20 and then selling it for $45 kind of like here on the forum's ammo for sale. and if I hurt anyone's feelings TO BAD YOU WILL GET OVER IT.

At Sports Authority at Cascade Station in Portland, I Had a guy tell me when their shipments came in, I drove over at the appointed time, no Ammo this week, come back next week. I come back the next week, he said he had some, but they were being held for someone else that didn't get there in time from previous weeks. I am making notes of who is fair and decent, and who is never going to see green dollars from me again and I have no intention of keeping it to myself. Sports Authority has made the list along with Cheaper than dirt, SGAmmo, Midway USA, LAX ammo, Targetsports USA, Code 3 Tactical supply etc...

Bimart, Sportsmans Warehouse, Big 5, Cabela's have all been fair non gougers, I like that Sportsmans Warehouse is salting their ammo onto the shelves so people with jobs have a chance to buy ammo. I think they are being very fair about the way they do it.

At Sports Authority at Cascade Station in Portland, I Had a guy tell me when their shipments came in, I drove over at the appointed time, no Ammo this week, come back next week. I come back the next week, he said he had some, but they were being held for someone else that didn't get there in time from previous weeks. I am making notes of who is fair and decent, and who is never going to see green dollars from me again and I have no intention of keeping it to myself. Sports Authority has made the list along with Cheaper than dirt, SGAmmo, Midway USA, LAX ammo, Targetsports USA, Code 3 Tactical supply etc...

Bimart, Sportsmans Warehouse, Big 5, Cabela's have all been fair non gougers, I like that Sportsmans Warehouse is salting their ammo onto the shelves so people with jobs have a chance to buy ammo. I think they are being very fair about the way they do it.

here in Vancouver they changed the delivery day so the working people would have a chance to get ammo

I respect business's that slowly "salt" out their shipments. Most of the places I know of, are small mom and pop places.

I have a job, and I can't be at a business when their doors open on shipment day, to buy out and hoard everything their wallets can afford. I buy what I can, when I can afford it, IF they even have it. Which most of the time, I've had to go without. And sit on what I have. I get a box here and there of what others have missed.

I wish I had a larger stockpile, but most of my $$ goes to keeping a roof over my head, putting food on the table, and making sure my family is healthy.

I respect business's that slowly "salt" out their shipments. Most of the places I know of, are small mom and pop places.

I have a job, and I can't be at a business when their doors open on shipment day, to buy out and hoard everything their wallets can afford. I buy what I can, when I can afford it, IF they even have it. Which most of the time, I've had to go without. And sit on what I have. I get a box here and there of what others have missed.

I wish I had a larger stockpile, but most of my $$ goes to keeping a roof over my head, putting food on the table, and making sure my family is healthy.

:s0155:

I don't agree with employees withholding ammo for themselves while working. That ammo is the company's to be put out for the general public to purchase if they so choose and when its time for the employee to clock out then they can buy it. An acquaintance i knew was fired from Gamestop for withholding a game that just came out so he could buy it after his shift instead. It's the company's product to sell, not for you to hide for yourself. Perks are things like discounts. Not hiding it for yourself. To me that's dishonest.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top