JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
82nd is portland

So is Delta Park (though it's not open yet)

Luckily I have not had a problem with WM. I see the guy at the sporting goods desk a few times a week as I check their inventory while I'm there for other things. He'll share the shipment list for the next day's truck with me. Every time I see what's on the list for the next day, it's actually in the cabinet the next day. I haven't seen any dishonesty at my local WM yet.

ammo is coming down in price and is actually in stock at many stores. i just go to bimart once or twice a week and try to change up the times and get what i want. also, people who have extra should sell some at cost to put price pressure on gougers.

Sorry, i guess my age is showing and the fact I have lived in the same 2 &1\2 square mile area for over 62 years. Portland ends on 82nd below Johnson Creek Blvd now(I used to ride my bicycle over to Johnson Creek and catch trout out of it when I was a kid and it was considered out of town in those days) and I did not realize the whole area north to the Columbia River is now inside the city boundaries. I stand corrected.

A clerk at one of my local wally's said that she can tell when ammo (talking 22LR) is going to go on the shelves because a line starts forming an hour or more before it goes on the shelves (they stock it in the evening). She told me that they (the guys buying the ammo) are getting notified by the webpage, so I don't know if it's an email alert or something else, but all I get when checking the website is "Store information not available".

Probably saving a few for his buddies. At my WalMart the clerk sold they guy in front of me ten bulk packs, then had the nerve to say to my face "Three box or one bulk pack limit sir".

I live right over by Delta park in a floating home the WM is suppose to be only grocery and pharmacy . If I catch them holding out on the fresh fruit I will call the corporate offices in a second.

I know. For about a year, while they were "building" a WM inside the old GI Joe's on 99E, visions of car batteries and ammo danced through my head.. nope, just pretty much a grocery store. drat

I've seen some stores hold back ammo for people buying guns, which I honestly don't have a problem with as long as it is a small amount. I've seen some dejected faces when people were excited to buy a new gun then told there was no ammo for it. That's why I started looking for ammo a month before buying a new gun.

At Sports Authority at Cascade Station in Portland, I Had a guy tell me when their shipments came in, I drove over at the appointed time, no Ammo this week, come back next week. I come back the next week, he said he had some, but they were being held for someone else that didn't get there in time from previous weeks. I am making notes of who is fair and decent, and who is never going to see green dollars from me again and I have no intention of keeping it to myself. Sports Authority has made the list along with Cheaper than dirt, SGAmmo, Midway USA, LAX ammo, Targetsports USA, Code 3 Tactical supply etc...

Bimart, Sportsmans Warehouse, Big 5, Cabela's have all been fair non gougers, I like that Sportsmans Warehouse is salting their ammo onto the shelves so people with jobs have a chance to buy ammo. I think they are being very fair about the way they do it.

What is wrong with SGAmmo? I have bought from them for years without an issue.

I know how it works going from store to store looking so if I can buy it online I will pay a few dollars more. So far SG is the only one I have bought from in the past.

I live right over by Delta park in a floating home the WM is suppose to be only grocery and pharmacy . If I catch them holding out on the fresh fruit I will call the corporate offices in a second.

That place is far too large to just be a grocery store and pharmacy, if i'm wrong i'll buy you some bananas!

I had just the opposite experience at Walmart last week. I went back to the gun section and asked about 22s. The guy there said he didn't have any.

Then I walked over to the oil section and was looking around, when the same gun guy comes over and seeks me out. He said he just got a couple of boxes of M-22s in. So I bought a box. First I've seen for a year!

OTOH, I am a hoarder! I don't really need it but will probably give it to my son.

I was in the Vancouver, Hwy 99 Wal*Mart looking at the ammo. No .22 but then the clerk asked what I was looking for, told him a brick of .22. He said he had a box of 550 rds Federal behind the counter he could sell me. So I bought it, $23.97 plus tax. He said he still had one left.
So, yes, the WM on Hwy 99 is not putting all their ammo out!
I didn't need it but my stock broker is also an NRA instructor and is having trouble getting enough for his classes.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

I was in the Vancouver, Hwy 99 Wal*Mart looking at the ammo. No .22 but then the clerk asked what I was looking for, told him a brick of .22. He said he had a box of 550 rds Federal behind the counter he could sell me. So I bought it, $23.97 plus tax. He said he still had one left.
So, yes, the WM on Hwy 99 is not putting all their ammo out!

maybe the store is trying to discourage hoarders and sell to people they haven't seen 1,000 times already.

maybe the store is trying to discourage hoarders and sell to people they haven't seen 1,000 times already.

Well, if my stock broker doesn't want it I'll just add it to the other 4,000 rds of .22 I already have.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top