JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One of those on 82nd has a Happy Valley address. ..not Portland

Just a little fyi...

The "happy valley" store is in unincorporated clackamas county. We have properties in that area. They use the happy valley post office, but are not in any city. I live in unincorporated clackamas county and use the happy valley address as well. It has it's good and bad points not belonging to any city.

Jill

Just a little fyi...

The "happy valley" store is in unincorporated clackamas county. We have properties in that area. They use the happy valley post office, but are not in any city. I live in unincorporated clackamas county and use the happy valley address as well. It has it's good and bad points not belonging to any city.

Jill

kind of like how my friend's mother lives in the country next to the town of Pedee, but address says Monmouth.

Anyways, ammo is slowly getting back in stock locally here..haven't seen any hiding of ammo yet.

got a brick of 22 lr at Keizer Bi-mart this afternoon. Lancaster Bi-mart had bulk boxes of 1,000 9mm for $239 last week and am seeing members on here trying to sell them for $300.

Maybe they should hide ammo until idiots quit trying to make a profit buying and selling.

At least you big city guys have some supply of ammo to complain about. I have been to Walmart, Bi mart, Kmart, Big 5, and every time I get to Eugene from the south coast I check Cabelas.
There is absolutely nothing in the form of .22 rim fire ammo available on the south coast. Hope to see a change soon and that will happen when the hoarders finally realize they won't live long enough to use all the ammo they are storing or if they have to move it once.
Silver Hand

Maybe they should hide ammo until idiots quit trying to make a profit buying and selling.

And maybe we should let the market decide what to do? You know, if people want it, then they will pay whatever price is asked. When people decide it's too much then they won't buy.

You know, supply and demand.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Silver Hand, the guy at the gun counter at Sportman's Warehouse told me that the ammo distribution is going to the most profitable regions first and filtering to the rest as the supply grows. Sounds likely.

By the way, we have THREE Walmarts in Salem (two superstores and one that feels more like Target) and none carry guns. The central Walmart on Turner is the only one I've checked for ammo in the last few days. I got my Mini Mag fix there so haven't looked further. I will check out the other two when I'm in those areas just for the sake of public service.

From the start of this ammo mess I was fortunate enough to be generally well stocked and so at my first encounter with $ 45.00 22 shells, I just laughed at the guy at the table and told him I'll never pay his prices and he said yes I would. Well I haven't and I won't. Every now and then I run into ammo for prices comparable to before this mess and I'll by a little of it. I don't have to by all of it just because it's there. THAT'S THE PROBLEM !! Leave some for the next guy. DON'T PAY THEIR PRICES, LET THEM EAT IT. I went to a garage sale, guy has 12 bricks of American Eagle 22lr, $50.00 a brick. I left it sit there, didn't bad mouth him or anything and somebody I'm sure, bought it, but it's not going to be me. Personal Ethics. If your business or what you do requires that you have to buy at these prices then that's something else altogether. Also I kinda figure if things really go down hill, well, I'll probably be done for before I get it all shot up anyway, so how much more do I really need, lol. All the best everyone. :cool:

They are stealing good will which is an asset on most business balance sheets. Point that out to the management, if they don't care than that is their problem.
Speaking as a business owner "good will", "blue sky", "joy-joy" and "fantasy" are never on a balance sheet.

It sounds to me like you start with what you want the balance sheet to show, and then adjust the lines accordingly.

I had the opposite experience when I bought my latest handgun at a LGS. I went in knowing what I wanted, looked it over, told the guy that was helping me I'd take it. He asked if I needed anything else. I jokingly said how about some 9mm, since I didn't see any on their shelf. He goes in the back and comes back out with 2 boxes of 9mm. Awesome experience.

I had the opposite experience when I bought my latest handgun at a LGS. I went in knowing what I wanted, looked it over, told the guy that was helping me I'd take it. He asked if I needed anything else. I jokingly said how about some 9mm, since I didn't see any on their shelf. He goes in the back and comes back out with 2 boxes of 9mm. Awesome experience.

This is what I meant by hiding ammo. It is sold to the individual that needs it and will use it for personal use. Don't worry Deen, not trying to muddle with your whole supply and demand theory.

If you are going to complain so vehemently, go get an FFL, get a business license, set up distribution relationships, and go buy the stuff yourself. Then you can sell it to the rest of the entitled masses at low low prices, go broke because of it, and finally complain online that nobody likes you enough to pay what things are really worth.

^^^ LOL!!! "Hey big boy! Your cute! I like your tooth! Got any .22LR?

I've found that to check for ammo at the Bimart on 122nd look on the floor behind the counter. I think that this is for their convience more than hiding it.

I have seen ammo "appear" on the shelves long after the store opened and the "looters" had come and gone. It is a fair practice to give others a chance to purchase. Often the ammo that was on the shelves at a reasonable price becomes "available" on on a forum or other classified at 80 to 100 percent more than retail. The moral of the story is to stop buying at inflated prices get a slingshot if you want to shoot. Or try a pellet gun, they do come in many calibers and configurations!

Was in at fishermans in oc the other day and lots of ammo to be had. But still at inflated price. 16$ for 9 mm American eagle 115gr and 20$ for 22 325 ct fed auto match. And was told the 525 federal bricks, when they get em, are 30$. Not bad but not good. It's good to see it on the shelves though:s0155:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top