JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I bought an NIB SGL-21 from RRC Firearms last week for under $1k...as a matter of fact for the same price it was before the Newtown event. (I also had a board member offer me the exact same rifle, used, a few days ago for nearly $1,500 :rolleyes: . I declined.)

I met a shooter at the range today who was trying out his new MAK-90, bought just a few days ago for $650.

I'm glad to see that there are both dealers and private sellers who are not participating in the inanity. The deals are out there, you just gotta be patient.

Keith

My fear is that we are resetting a new "normal" for prices. Just like gas, the price goes up dramatically then drops. But it never drops to the old "low" price. I won't panic buy right now or even later as I have what I need. However I am cautious of what the future holds with buying habits being what they are right now.

One things for sure. If prices stay where they are, we can't blame anyone but ourselves.

I got my fingers crossed that the panic will fade but.....
I also didn't think Imamobama would get re elected
I didn't think libtards would retain senate...
And when they "negotiate" the ban and that includes hi cap mags....you will be lucky to even find a non window pmag for under $100

I am pissed at myself for thinking $40 was too steep for a SCAR 17 mag or $20 was a bit much for a 308 pmag. How many times have we all walked past the booths and made excuse for putting off buying mags? Join the NRA today! make your voice heard

There is one company that owns like more than 20 big gun companies. I can't remember the name.
Anyways, Dan Quayle is in the ownership.
Man I would love to be on that board..

So long as everyone remains whipped-up into a school-girl frenzy, the price gouging will continue. It is true capitalism. So is the price gouging of plywood before a hurricane. consumers need to draw the line.

People always turn against capitalism when they aren't prepared.

I know it's been said before, but people love their blinders.

The four basic laws of supply and demand are:

1) If demand increases and supply remains unchanged, a shortage occurs, leading to a higher equilibrium price.

2) If demand decreases and supply remains unchanged, a surplus occurs, leading to a lower equilibrium price.

3) If demand remains unchanged and supply increases, a surplus occurs, leading to a lower equilibrium price.

4) If demand remains unchanged and supply decreases, a shortage occurs, leading to a higher equilibrium price.

People always turn against capitalism when they aren't prepared.

I know it's been said before, but people love their blinders.

I was prepared. Have guns. Have mags. Have ammo (although not as much as I'd like). I have a college degree. I passed at least four terms of economics. I understand the concept of supply and demand. I still think its bullbubblegum...

I was prepared. Have guns. Have mags. Have ammo (although not as much as I'd like). I have a college degree. I passed at least four terms of economics. I understand the concept of supply and demand. I still think its bullbubblegum...

Proof positive that understanding the concept doesn't mean you understand the practice.

Either that, or capitalism just isn't your thing.

The closest thing we have to 'capiltalism' these days are the vendors down at Saturday Market, a local specialty bakery, or the corner Mom-and-Pop convenience store. This Corporate/Government alliance we have these days (making public the debt and keeping private the profit ala GM, etc) is something much, much different. I'm too lazy to do the research now, but I believe corporations were even illegal in the US until the mid-1800s.

The problem I am having with the 'gouging' and 'profiteering' I am seeing with some sellers lately is that not only are they asking high prices for their product but their attitude implies that you are too stupid not to see that their $1,000 10-22 assault rifle or $600 beta mag is a bargain.

Keith

Capitalism is not a free enterprise market system, which is how this nation was formed

Free enterprise was in evidence in John Moses Brownings time.. then the usury banksters and big corporations took power with regulations and capitalism, which can be summed up thusly

They who have the gold make the rules

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top