JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
2day gunshow is this weekend at Portland Expo...old bldg. I am sure it will be crowded and a lot of civies will be slinging AR's For Sale at outrageous $$$. Ammo will be up another 10% simply due to the hoarding masses. I mean for chrissakes...I just saw a USED SCAR 16 at milwaukie gun store for $4999. The good news is....lots of truck deliveries being made today so a few main players should have inventory but at what cost????

We are simply seeing pure capitalism at work, the law of supply and demand.

I just paid $30 apiece three extra Promags for my AK, for the simple reason that my piece of mind in having them now outweighed my desire to wait for more reasonable pricing to return..if it ever does. Did I truly need them? No. Did I want to have them badly enough to pay 2x retail? Yes. If prices and availability ever do return to pre-Newton levels, I will be at peace with the fact that I paid an extra $45 for 3 mags. If they dont..I will be glad I bought them while I still had the chance. My money, my choice.

truer words were never spoken , the law of supply and demand. (capitalism)
I could not agree more

So I went to Bi-Mart, Wal-Mart and Wholesale Sports last week just to ask the same question of the staff there.

"Are people just sweeping the contents of your shelves into their carts? Or are you just not receiving shipments of ammo at all?"

They are all, not receiving shipments at all.

Does anybody have some insight into this? What is the production rate of ammo for companies like Remington, Federal, Hornady, PMC, Tula, Winchester, BVC, CorBon and the rest? I once read somewhere under normal circumstances it was in the millions of rounds per day for the bigger companies...

Since I'm not hearing thousands of you saying "I just got my 5,000rd brick on back order" I don't see the back order explanation as too viable.

Where is it?

Like Blitz, I have what I need, but I'd like to go shoot something besides my bow...

hate to bust the Original Posters bubble but your flat out wrong......
if your so sure you know so much about this, why didnt you arm and ammo up when Nobama got re elected
like most of us did.....

Date: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 7:25 PM

Interesting status report from Valley Guns in West Virginia:

Status of gun industry

Attention F.B. fans: to follow will be several IMPORTANT Info updates about the status

of the gun industry currently, followed by an INVENTORY UPDATE: We traveled to

Texas for Industry meetings concerning the shortages, here's what we were told.

Smith & Wesson-is running at Full capacity making 300+ guns/day-mainly M&P pistols.

They are unable to produce any more guns to help with the shortages.
RUGER: Plans to increase from 75% to 100% in the next 90 days.

FNH: Moving from 50% production to 75% by Feb 1st and 100% by March 1.
Remington-Maxed out!
Armalite: Maxed out.
DPMS: Can't get enough parts to produce any more product.
COLT: Production runs increasing weekly...bottle necked by Bolt carrier's.
LWRC:Making only black guns, running at full capacity...can't get enough gun quality steel
to make barrels.
Springfield Armory: Only company who can meet demand but are running 30-45 days behind.
AMMO: Every caliber is now Allocated! We are looking at a nation wide shortage of all
calibers over the next 9 months. All plants are producing as much ammo as possible w/ of
1 BILLION rounds produced weekly. Most is military followed by L.E. and civilians are
third in line.

talked to a friend in VA last night, his brother works in a ammunition factory, said, NO outside sales of powder/primers. Huge government contract is PRIORITY, so NOTHING sells until the contract is filled first. I'm sure this helps to create a shortage of sorts.And, when the shelves are full again, prices will be adjusted for increases.

Fortunately for me, maybe not so much for you young bucks who are just getting started in all this, I've accumulated all I need but not all I want. So I can sit back and not freak out at all this. I'm not buying at these prices, no way. I have tried to sell a couple things, some mags and a rifle which did not sell here so it leads me to believe folks are holding to their dollars for better prices. I see tons of ads on this board whom no one is buying. I think it's working itself out.

talked to a friend in VA last night, his brother works in a ammunition factory, said, NO outside sales of powder/primers. Huge government contract is PRIORITY, so NOTHING sells until the contract is filled first. I'm sure this helps to create a shortage of sorts.And, when the shelves are full again, prices will be adjusted for increases.

In creases let just say Q E 3 or 4 or 5 when you devalue the dollar prices go up but not because anyone is gouging , if anyone is to blame it's the Gubberment

The problem I am having with the 'gouging' and 'profiteering' I am seeing with some sellers lately is that not only are they asking high prices for their product but their attitude implies that you are too stupid not to see that their $1,000 10-22 assault rifle or $600 beta mag is a bargain.

Keith

Profiteering, look at the people that are calling others lazy or not smart enough to buy their supplies beforehand. I surely understand market forces anyone who buys weapons on a regular basis understand them at least on a rudimentary level.
The people I have a problem with are the ones that go out and buy up the stocks currently available to make the killing in a couple of weeks.......

Those are the profiteers, may they rot in hell for all eternity....

A 440 round spam can, unopened, of standard 70s production 7.62x54R: $80-100 per tin online +shipping (so 100-120 bucks)
And yes there's still sites with cans available.

Seen these go on here, gunbroker, and other sites for 205, 185, 150, that's before shipping.

Question is: is the one selling, or the one buying, the bigger problem?

hey duders im looking for a 16'' m4 barrel and bcg couple places im thinking about ordering from are ds arms and jse surplus what has there shipping times latley been for you guys and if you have a better idea to help a guy out feel free to send a pm if you are wanting to not advertise

A fool and his money are soon parted.

If you really believe the gun store shelves will soon be restocked at the old prices then feel free to wait. You wont be a fool. In the mean time I will be shopping in the classified section...small rifle primers anyone?

See ya.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads