JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As the saying goes... I don't have to be the fastest person in the world, I just have to be faster than all of you that have to pack up and lug all of that ammunition, weapons, and magazines. Sometimes being able to move fast is more important than being well armed. ;)

Mike

That does, of course, depend on your particular state. Some folks are looking at magazine bans. I won't be surprise if magazines will be dated or serialized in the near future, making those pre-serialized a premium. (Remember the "Law Enforcement Only" stamps?)

I hate to tell you but AR mags have had date codes on them since the ban in 94 and most polymer pistol mags have as well as a part of the manufacture code. So look them over when your in a store and buy the oldest ones.

As the saying goes... I don't have to be the fastest person in the world, I just have to be faster than all of you that have to pack up and lug all of that ammunition, weapons, and magazines. Sometimes being able to move fast is more important than being well armed. ;)

Mike

Its not about carting it all with you, its about still being able to practice and compete and train the rest of your life regardless of political BS.

Its not about carting it all with you, its about still being able to practice and compete and train the rest of your life regardless of political BS.
And its about the government attempting once again to infringe a right that the Constitution clearly states "Shall not be infringed. "

Of the two, mags as that is what they've been salivating about for decades. Ammo they want too, but it will take more time.

Personally, we're more or less done with the magazine stockpiling (with a couple exceptions), so now more on parts and ammo. YMMV.

Just what are these magazine things that folks are taking about...? :D
View attachment 650178

Just kidding here....
A good balance with both ammo and magazines is what is needed...
What that is and looks like will all depend on your situation , needs and just what type of gun we are talking about...
Finding and stocking 5.56 ammo and a AR15 magazine will be a lot easier and less expensive than say a magazine and ammo for a Remington 740 in .244 ( 6mm Remington ) .
Andy
For you I can recommend a number of magazines: Black Powder Journal, Muzzleloader Magazine or even occasionally Field and Stream. :p

Pile it high and deep!
I keep mags loaded and quarantined away from what I shoot normally, that way, I always maintain an acceptable level of effectiveness should/when things go sideways or we start really getting hammered on our rights!
I keep at least one 50 cal ammo can loaded with loaded mags of each type of weapon i'm most concerned with! I also keep a standard load out ready to go!
Not all mine run mags, some run stripper clips, and some simply run on loose ammo, so it can vary greatly how much I have stored vs what I shot through!

I'm very well set as to ammo and magazines for the rest of my life for whatever comes along. Which won't include some kind of bug-out situation for me. I haven't gone overboard with magazines but have enough. I even bought a spare 10 round mag. for my Marlin Model 56. You lose one of those, you're down to a single shot which is better than nothing.

Don't forget to get at least three 10 round mags for your semi-autos. And if you hunt with them, 5 round mags.

Should mag bans come about in your locale, you will not want to be carrying with mags larger than 10 rd.

I've been buying 10 rounds mags for everything I've got that originally had a larger cap mag. Smith & Wesson Model 59, Glocks, etc. Just as I've been buying lead-free bullets for reloading, just in case. So these measures are to stay out of trouble during times of peace and order. In times of tumult, detailed restrictive gun laws would likely go by the boards.

I don't own, carry or shoot handguns any longer.

When talking about a shooting back situation, I've long thought that I'd prefer to have a rifle.

Finding and stocking 5.56 ammo and a AR15 magazine will be a lot easier and less expensive than say a magazine and ammo for a Remington 740 in .244 ( 6mm Remington )

This, for sure. Just try to find a magazine for sale for a Remington 760 in .35 Rem. The old kind that are all steel and work.

Seems to me you'd have to shoot A LOT of ammo out of magazines before they wear out and that ammo would be more important since without ammo, a gun is useless. Ammo being like fuel for a car and mags being like tires or other components.

That said, mags can be lost, damaged during training, etc. so good to stock up on them as well yeah? Would you agree though that ammo is MORE important to stock up on than mags? Having a heap of mags but running low on ammo doesn't do any good, even if you have a few thousand rounds of ammo, you're not going to burn through 10 mags with that ammo so it's better to have more ammo than mags, yes?
Ammo is not as specific as mags are.
If you get my drift.

I can beg, borrow, reload or steal ammo.
Mags, not so much.
I make sure that I have PLENTY of mags.
And then factor in the threat of the 10rd mag law.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top