JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Doesn't matter in the slightest, NO sheriff in this state outside MultiCo would ever even think of enforcing any of this B.S, and very few city LEO would as well, that leaves the Staters who are not especially keen on getting into gun fights with armed citizens, nor are they particularly well staffed to afford the numbers required to go after any more then a hand full of folks at a time, which paints a great big red bullseye on their backs if/when they go full jackboot! In short, these things will likely pass, everyone will high five and claim they finally got gun control passed, meanwhile NOTHING will change, Criminals will keep on keeping on with their criminal stuff, and the rest of us will keep on keeping on, albeit with a more suspect eye toward LEO, and a level of distrust toward them at a time where that's the exact opposite of what they really need! If the Jackboots start enforcing things, it's gonna get people killed, NOT the kind of gun control they were planning on!
They said the same thing in California.. And now no one owns 30 round mags. Because they know the state will praise cure them and they will have their rights taken away. It's a slippery slope once these laws get voted in. And eventually the law abiding gun owning citizens are the ones that loose. The voters here are quickly adopting that California mentality or even worse. I mean they where asking for 5 round mags and a purchase limit on ammo of 20 or whatever rounds a month. At least in California even though ridiculous you can have a 10 round mag.

They said the same thing in California.. And now no one owns 30 round mags. Because they know the state will praise cure them and they will have their rights taken away. It's a slippery slope once these laws get voted in. And eventually the law abiding gun owning citizens are the ones that loose. The voters here are quickly adopting that California mentality or even worse. I mean they where asking for 5 round mags and a purchase limit on ammo of 20 or whatever rounds a month. At least in California even though ridiculous you can have a 10 round mag.
It is wildly inaccurate to claim no one has 30 round mags in California.

If the rumors are true and I have no way to verify it during the mag freedom week there were over1 million mags that were shipped to California in that week only because that is all that was available to ship in the pipe line at the time.

I have heard rumors of more going into the state but just rumors to date.

So yes there are lots of mags in California and I am sure more cross the border every week as folks defy the law, Just like all alcohol manufacturing stopped during Prohibition...NOT

It's because I was looking up mags and ammo stuff online and google brought up this thread, and I was like oh I am a member there so I replied haha.
LOL. I was reading the posts, not looking at the date, and one said "ammo is at the cheapest right now", wait, what? Oh...

I did away with those plastic cans. They don't seal well and have been proven to not truly be waterproof. The military ammo cans like the ones you have is where it's at.
Yup - especially the Plano boxes which are thinner plastic; lift them up with something heavy in them (like ammo) and the lid will show a gap between the box and the lid. MtM cans not so much - but I have been transferring my ammo from the plastic to the metal cans. The plastic cans will now be used for lighter weight stuff, not ammo.

I feel like ammo is more important. Especially in a state like Oregon that is quickly headed towards the politics and gun control happening in California. Oregon is a stone throw away from having so called high capacity mags taken away. If that happens then all the money you spend on those 30 round Pmags is gone.
Since mags are not registered in any way (de facto or not), and they are typically grandfathered, you can (and most will) probably hang onto them. That said, it is good to have ten round mags too.

As where no one is looking to take away what ammo you have. They just want to take away what you can buy in the future. So I keep a number of Pmags around, but I know I could loose them in the future. And my ammo is forever as long as I take care and store it properly. So I choose ammo as the most important stockpile component.
Oh they want to take the ammo. The first step is to control how much you can buy and where you can buy it. Eventually they will place limits on how much you can have.

It's a gamble.
In NJ when their mag cap law came down, mags over 10 rounds became illegal to own.
I think in MA, mags over 10 rounds were grandfathered in.
Pre-ban magazines manufactured before September 13, 1994 are exempt
Not sure how they determine age, though.

If the rumors are true and I have no way to verify it during the mag freedom week there were over1 million mags that were shipped to California in that week only because that is all that was available to ship in the pipe line at the time.

I have heard rumors of more going into the state but just rumors to date.

So yes there are lots of mags in California and I am sure more cross the border every week as folks defy the law, Just like all alcohol manufacturing stopped during Prohibition...NOT
Hell! I sent close to 100 mags to friends that week. Probably everyone with gun owning friends outside California had them scooping up mags locally to mail to their friends behind enemy lines.
Plus every magazine that had been snuck into the PRK became legal that week as well.
It's a gamble.
In NJ when their mag cap law came down, mags over 10 rounds became illegal to own.
I think in MA, mags over 10 rounds were grandfathered in.
Pre-ban magazines manufactured before September 13, 1994 are exempt
Not sure how they determine age, though.
Some makers like MagPul stamp a made on date on the body

You don't really think you'll get to keep them legally if that happens do you? If they restrict the mags then they are useless unless you want to be prosecuted if you get caught with them..
"Hicap" magazines have been banned in California since 1/1/2000.
There have been almost zero prosecutions. And the few prosecutions that happened were felon in possession of firearms beefs in which the magazines they found were another charge to be bargained away later. 22 years later and no door-busting raids.
Everybody kept their magazines. They used them at the range and on BLM land.
Rangers have dropped by when we were shooting in the national forest. None of them said anything other than a couple of them who said "That was fun." after shooting some of our rifles.
Its a law that they don't seem to know how to, or else, don't want to enforce.

"Hicap" magazines have been banned in California since 1/1/2000.
There have been almost zero prosecutions. And the few prosecutions that happened were felon in possession of firearms beefs in which the magazines they found were another charge to be bargained away later. 22 years later and no door-busting raids.
Everybody kept their magazines. They used them at the range and on BLM land.
Rangers have dropped by when we were shooting in the national forest. None of them said anything other than a couple of them who said "That was fun." after shooting some of our rifles.
Its a law that they don't seem to know how to, or else, don't want to enforce.
Were the "rangers" federal or state?

Generally, federal LEOs do not enforce state laws. That may have changed in the 40+ years since I was a fed, but I don't think so.

That said, I would guess you are probably correct otherwise.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews