JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Screenshot_20220317-185354_Samsung Internet.jpg
Still in a downtrend. Got a small bull flag today and have a chance of a breakout but the trend still holds.

All I know is this week has been an upward trend in my IRAs, but after closer analysis, it looks like I have about $40K to go before I am back to my previous high earlier in the year. Crossing my fingers this continues and the market stabilizes.

I have to pay capitals gains tax this year on capital I no longer have thanks to the current regime. Almost made it back to where I started when the left-wing crap show started, but its looking tomorrow will be a down day.

For all you Biden voters out there:

1647570201789.png

Pot meet kettle.

Just a little advice. If you want to be a successful trader (not just an investor) charts are really the ONLY way to be successful. If your not its literally just luck
This joker says no amount of chart posting is going to change the overall direction, when the chart shows the overall direction. Moving averages are fundamentals of price movement, as well as price action, and you will miss both without charting.

"we live in the greatest economy and country in the history of the world."

Tells you all you need to know about this guy.

Our great economy has been propped up by printing ridiculous amounts of free money that raised inflation to its highest in 40 years.

Last Edited:
Here's what I'm really good at - picking the wrong stock and going all in, only to have it tank for years, then eventually double in value. Works out to about a 10% return.

I've done it twice.

The first time was with Amylin Pharmaceuticals. That one wasn't too bad, took 2 years to double my money, but not before losing half its value twice.

Most recent was Arena Pharmaceuticals. This was a real goatpluck. That's where my cash is coming from.

P

Hey Lehman Brothers, I thought you went bankrupt and out of business in 2008, why is your stock up 2000% today

Could it be some counterfeit shares that never were going to get closed that need to be dumped to keep someone alive?

LME still keeps reversing nickle trades. Remember, if you play the stock market and stand to make a windfall against some rich person, they will just reverse the trade to make sure you dont win.

I am pretty, kind of, may be, sure you are limited to 7k in an IRA each year. Invest that and send me the rest ;-)

• For 2021 and 2022, individuals can set aside up to $6,000 per year (those age 50 and older can save an additional $1,000).
Only if you have earned income and it has to be as much as you are contributing. Unfortunately for me, SS income does not count as earned income.

OTOH, I believe you can do a backdoor conversion from an IRA to a Roth IRA. I will probably do that next year when my income is much lower than it will be this year - so that I pay a lower income tax on the conversion.

This year I plan to sell my property so I will have to pay tax on any capital gains over $250K (IIRC) above the basis I have in the property. Not sure if capital gains on real estate is "earned income" counting towards IRA contributions - if it is, then I will probably contribute that much to my IRA.

I am pretty, kind of, may be, sure you are limited to 7k in an IRA each year. Invest that and send me the rest ;-)

• For 2021 and 2022, individuals can set aside up to $6,000 per year (those age 50 and older can save an additional $1,000).
Okay, smartypants, allow me to rephrase: I have half a mil in cash in my IRA that I need to invest.

P

This year I plan to sell my property so I will have to pay tax on any capital gains over $250K (IIRC) above the basis I have in the property. Not sure if capital gains on real estate is "earned income" counting towards IRA contributions - if it is, then I will probably contribute that much to my IRA.
Have you already used your one-time exclusion for those capital gains on the sale of a primary residence?

Okay, smartypants, allow me to rephrase: I have half a mil in cash in my IRA that I need to invest.
When you find a great place where you want to invest that half mil, lemme know, cuz I wanna put my half mil from one of my 401ks in with yours.

Have you already used your one-time exclusion for those capital gains on the sale of a primary residence?
No. One time exclusions are the first $250K in profit per person ($500K for married couples filing jointly).

I paid $350K for the property, put maybe $25-30K into improvements (mostly paving the driveway and road). Currently value is maybe $750-$850K. So anything over maybe ~$600K I will need to pay tax on?

We shall see.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads