JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Everything after the P226 was a mistake.

I wonder when we're gonna hear about safety issues with the "spear"

Also, there's a reason I typically carry Glock and that reason is they DO NOT go bang without pulling the trigger. Doesn't happen.

I'd imagine I'm not the only P320 owner out there who's smart enough not to keep a live round in the chamber when not ready to pull the trigger

Still a great platform to use at the range, but I've never carried mine holstered anywhere. Never will unless it's unloaded

I actually do the same thing with all of my firearms, regardless of manufacturer, caliber or whatever. Doesn't bother me carrying anything, but I'll never carry any firearm with a round in the chamber, safety or no safety on the firearm
You should definitely do what gives you the most confidence. I personally always carry with one in the chamber. The extra time that it takes to work the slide may make no difference, or it may make all the difference. I may have my support hand busy with another task, or it may be disabled or otherwise not in play. The guns that I carry all have great track records, so I'm not concerned that they'll fire spontaneously.

The P365 has proven to be a reliable and safe firearm, but I still only carry the model with a safety. It's the best micro 9 apart from the Hellcat.
I like my P365. I really do. However, I just can't carry it chambered because I just don't trust it being the little brother of the P320. Still, I like mine too much to sell even though I don't carry it anymore

So, hang on while I don my flame suit...

I EDC the P320 in winter. It has been through the trigger VUP. I carry with a round in the chamber. It has no manual safety. It has never gone off uncommanded.

I EDC the P365 in summer. It doesn't require the trigger VUP. I carry with a round in the chamber. It has no manual safety. It has never gone off uncommanded.

Flame on!
(I just won't bother responding...)

I EDC the P320 in winter. It has been through the trigger VUP. I carry with a round in the chamber. It has no manual safety. It has never gone off uncommanded.

I EDC the P365 in summer. It doesn't require the trigger VUP. I carry with a round in the chamber. It has no manual safety. It has never gone off uncommanded.

Flame on!
Stay safe, amigo. :)

I like my P365. I really do. However, I just can't carry it chambered because I just don't trust it being the little brother of the P320. Still, I like mine too much to sell even though I don't carry it anymore
My Sig p365xl is on my hip right now with a round in the chamber as I sit in the car outside of Hobby Lobby waiting for my wife who was "just going to run in for a minute".

No misfires, jams or double feeds ever.

As many P365 are out there, has anyone heard of any similar problems from that model?
There are videos of the triggers going dead and having issues. Not as many as the P320 but they are out there.

Here's a video. The guys seems like a goof but he
Demonstrates the issue.

I continue to question why there are individuals who seem to think the reports of Sig P320 self-firing in a holster are incorrect and must be operated induced. I certainly do not agree with but that I happened to notice.

Last Edited:

Flame on!
You mentioned in a different thread where a video posted online of a possible P320 discharge looked like your home range. Did you happen to learn anything more about that incident?

I continue to question why there are individuals who seem to think the reports of Sig P320 self-firing in a holster are incorrect and must be operated induced. I certainly do not agree with either, but a couple of examples that I happened to notice.

Is that second video yankee Marshall? Do you really want to post that on this forum? Maybe research that one. I can call out that he falsely accused mrgunsandgear of stolen valor but don't know anything about other stuff. Suggest researching this before posting that guys videos on here.

Is that second video yankee Marshall? Do you really want to post that on this forum? Maybe research that one. I can call out that he falsely accused mrgunsandgear of stolen valor but don't know anything about other stuff. Suggest researching this before posting that guys videos on here.
Yea, fair point..
I should not have posted any comment by him.
Think I will try an edit.
(edit complete)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews