JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I like my Sig Tread and my Sig two Sig P226. I owned a few p320s glad I don't have them anymore. I'm really starting to lead towards hammer fired. Love LEM HK and Short reset trigger on a Da/Sa Sig.

While I'm not a Glock fan for the way they fit my hand and their aesthetics, I certainly won't argue with their reliability. I did have a 9mm M&P first generation blow up in my hand due to a case head blowout but do need to point out to everyone touting Glock pistols as nothing but safe do need to look at many reports of them going kaboom. Enough that there is a class action lawsuit for it due to the purported lack of a fully supported chamber and generous chambers (not sure this will ever amount to anything). So pointing out the P320 is unsafe to own, one could possibly argue the same for Glock or probably many other firearms manufacturers. Having said that, I wouldn't hesitate to shoot a Glock for fear of it kabooming just like I still own a couple of M&P pistols and shoot them without fear.

It has been reported for a long time that the P320 had issues with firing when dropped and it was an easy fix to install a stronger firing pin spring (if I remember correctly) and that issue could have been addressed pretty simply by the factory. I do own a P365 and believe it to be well made and reliable.

Obviously Sig thought there was enough of a concern that they offered the VUP to address it and I doubt they would have offered if they were confident in their design.

Remington 700 rifles have had a few issues with their triggers too with reports of them going off without being pulled (even their replacement trigger to the bad trigger had a recall on them).

I understand that it may not be a popular choice among many individuals here but I'm in the camp of not carrying a live round in the chamber (safer condition) but have no personal concern if anyone chooses to do so.

Here's why:

There's plenty of other vids along the same line as the above...
So, I'll keep carrying mine. Best pistol I've ever had. Next best is my P365. Next best after that is my C3 1911.
Next best after that is my S&W 586, but I'm not gonna carry a wheelgun for EDC...
Like ^^^

Once the "stink is on" in Gun World, it takes a long time to wear off.
For example, "Glock Leg" phenomenon has for the most part worn off, but some Glock Haters will still bring it up from time to time.

Thus far in these P320 lawsuits, the findings are improper gun handling, playing with the gun, letting the gun slosh around in a purse, gun is loose in a pocket, defective holster, holster fouled with shirt tail or other foreign object, etc

At the end of the day, some people should not carry a pistol that does not have a Manual Safety. The lawsuits bear this out.
Hundreds of thousands of P320s with Manual Safeties are fielded by our military and we don't see any of these "self discharging" P320 stories coming in from the military.

While I'm not a Glock fan for the way they fit my hand and their aesthetics, I certainly won't argue with their reliability. I did have a 9mm M&P first generation blow up in my hand due to a case head blowout but do need to point out to everyone touting Glock pistols as nothing but safe do need to look at many reports of them going kaboom. Enough that there is a class action lawsuit for it due to the purported lack of a fully supported chamber and generous chambers (not sure this will ever amount to anything). So pointing out the P320 is unsafe to own, one could possibly argue the same for Glock or probably many other firearms manufacturers. Having said that, I wouldn't hesitate to shoot a Glock for fear of it kabooming just like I still own a couple of M&P pistols and shoot them without fear.

It has been reported for a long time that the P320 had issues with firing when dropped and it was an easy fix to install a stronger firing pin spring (if I remember correctly) and that issue could have been addressed pretty simply by the factory. I do own a P365 and believe it to be well made and reliable.

Obviously Sig thought there was enough of a concern that they offered the VUP to address it and I doubt they would have offered if they were confident in their design.

Remington 700 rifles have had a few issues with their triggers too with reports of them going off without being pulled (even their replacement trigger to the bad trigger had a recall on them).

I understand that it may not be a popular choice among many individuals here but I'm in the camp of not carrying a live round in the chamber (safer condition) but have no personal concern if anyone chooses to do so.
A gun that "might" blow up (been a long time since I've seen one of those BTW) and a gun that tries to shoot you from your holster are not the same thing. One requires the shooter to pull the trigger, one pulls the trigger for the shootee.

Thus far in these P320 lawsuits, the findings are improper gun handling, playing with the gun, letting the gun slosh around in a purse, gun is loose in a pocket, defective holster, holster fouled with shirt tail or other foreign object, etc
I still havent seen any evidence of a VUP Sig going off on its own.

A gun that "might" blow up (been a long time since I've seen one of those BTW) and a gun that tries to shoot you from your holster are not the same thing. One requires the shooter to pull the trigger, one pulls the trigger for the shootee.
Fair point. I'm pretty skeptical about internet "rumors" in all cases (or exaggerated stories) but "unsafe" is just that no matter the fool who pulled, or didn't pull, the trigger.

There is also the many guns that have been backyard gunsmithed to make the trigger lighter/etc. that we just don't know if that has been applied to these guns that just go off without a trigger pull.

I bought a holster with retention button that places your trigger finger in a pretty decent alignment with the trigger that if you put too much pressure when drawing, it tends to fall right into the trigger guard with potential trigger press. There were complaints about people shooting themselves in the leg during draw. I could see how it would happen but I'm not concerned enough to buy a different holster.

Plus, how many of these stories with so-called issues are someone trying to cover their butt for something stupid they did or didn't do? Kinda sounds like a child trying to explain how the thing got broken when they were the only one present.

Nope. Got a link to that post? If it's from the same YouTuber I think it might be from, it possible it might be my range.
Damn, the background sure looks strikingly identical to my own range. The bay, the props, the hill in the background, even the damn gravel and weeds, everything... Any way to figure out where this video was shot? Checking the guy's "About" page didn't help at all... :s0092:

I've looked at several of this guy's other videos and the background and various bays look exactly like the HESA Range and pistol/action shooting bays at Rattlesnake Mountain Shooting Facility.

ETA:
Like this one. He's lying on the concrete floor of the HESA range shooting the gongs in the berms on the hillside.
That whole hillside looks precisely like the hillside at RMSF. STG that's my range. How do I figure that out? o_O

View attachment 1383013

I bought a holster with retention button that places your trigger finger in a pretty decent alignment with the trigger that if you put too much pressure when drawing, it tends to fall right into the trigger guard with potential trigger press. There were complaints about people shooting themselves in the leg during draw. I could see how it would happen but I'm not concerned enough to buy a different holster.
I see a lot of bad unsafe holster designs, many are marketed to the law enforcement community. Lots of "best" holster discussions in most any gun forum and whenever certain features are brought up as unsafe or features that are recommended for safety many people flatly reject the notion.
Note: Im not referring to you or your holster and your aware of its potential and train accordingly.

I just dont trust something just because its marketed to police. Lots of civilian use bases quality on police or military use but to me its just marketing.

Plus there's usually rigorous testing requirements (not saying it's all good) and specifications to meet.
Mine is Safariland brand for a M&P.
thats the thing. Its important to know when the military or police requirement meets civilian use. Lots of people are just blind to anything military as meeting civilian needs. Also, military and police needs evolve as well.

When the US carried the 1911 they did so with the hammer down. Then they went to the Beretta and learned that DA pulls suck along with slide mounted safties. Now they carry Sigs cocked and locked.... like what civilians have been doing all along. :)

ts important to know when the military or police requirement meets civilian use
Plus, there's usually (I say usually here) more training in the military to take advantage of their specific requirements whereas civilians may not train for or be aware of why those requirements exist.

I really like my p320 full size for ergonomics and how well i shoot it. Still need to do the upgrade but it never leaves the safe so I never think about it. My 226 and 227 see the most range time along with my vp9sk(daily carry).
I also do not carry chambered only because I have a few young kids who love to climb all over me so it just makes me nervous.
I guess I'm on the fence about p320 safety. Will need to look more into it.

It had more to do with dropping the gun in a certain orientation and having the (original, heavier) trigger generate enough momentum to cause it to break and fire.

@sobo

Out of curiosity, did you notice a change in trigger feel/response after the VUP trip?
Sorta. It does "feel" a little different. See here, specifically Post #12 (ignore the last bullet) and Post #16 (clarified the error in the final bullet of Post #12):

What I really meant to say, and @CHLChris nailed it in the final post, is that the dry-fire *click* after the first dry-fire is gone.

Last Edited:
@sobo
I was curious if adding the mechanical trigger block after the VUP changed the way the trigger feels by having the extra link to push on? Or can you even tell the difference?
Thanks!

@sobo
I was curious if adding the mechanical trigger block after the VUP changed the way the trigger feels by having the extra link to push on? Or can you even tell the difference?
Thanks!
It does, but barely. If you read the two referenced posts in the link I put in the post above, which goes back to when I first sent in the gun for the VUP almost 5 years ago, you'll see where I mentioned that "...the trigger pull is about the same...", but that it feels different after the first pull of the trigger, but only in dry-fire (doesn't click anymore after the first dry-fire). But I'm not worried about what it feels like in dry-fire mode. So for me, it's as fine a trigger pull as it always was, and I'm fine with the gun.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads