JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I have come to the realization that I can't do indoor/outdoor ranges. I use to go to English pit frequently but my last experience with them was horrible to say the least. I have been to a few indoors ranges here in Portland and I have also been to ranges in Cali I can't stand them people are so uptight it is ridiculous and the price is even more ridiculous. Here is my question where can I get some quality Steel targets that aren't outrageously priced? I also need suggestions on steel target stands as well! I don't need a Taran amount of steel just a little something for when I go to public ranges thanks guys!

Thor is local. Recommend, not sure who up your way carries them so you can see first. Thors' metal base single 2x4 stand is pretty simple & easy setup/transport (they nest together if you have multiple).

Online: Make it ring targets.

Recommend, may have to sign up for emails to get their sales (if they even still run them these days). Recommend.

I've used shootsteel.com a couple times. Good prices. The bad part is, they'll spam you with promo emails until your great great grandchildren die

Keep in mind that all steel is NOT created equal. And good, high quality steel targets cost a little money. It's better, IMO, to spend a little money up front and get good targets. They'll last you a long time...maybe a lifetime if it's just you and yours shooting them, and you take care of them.

I've had three of these targets from Action Target for a good ten years now and they're still going strong. I personally think they're one of the better designs out there as they're self contained and set up/fold up in 30 seconds. They're compact enough for easy transport. Note that the stands are regular steel, not ballistic steel. They hold up fine to spall but they will get damaged if you hit them with a direct shot. But it would take a lot of direct hits before the stands would need to be replaced.

Keep in mind that it's speed that kills steel targets. Most steel targets are rated at 3000 fps. And many .223/5.56 rounds leave the muzzle at 3200 fps. So if you shoot these inside of 100 yards with an AR, you may damage them. To this end, Action makes a specific rifle target for shooting in closer. The target is angled at 45 degrees for this purpose. But shoot steel with rifles inside 100 yards at your own peril.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top