JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm sorry to hear that brother! But doctors have been wrong before! And you seem pretty stubborn I'll be praying for a fast recovery keep us updated
I appreciate that, but there isn't a cure for this type of cancer and I just found out that I'm in the latter stages. At least it's not a super fast growing type like lung or pancreatic. Maybe I will see my oldest of four get her drivers license, if it goes well I'll be around a little longer.

I appreciate that, but there isn't a cure for this type of cancer and I just found out that I'm in the latter stages. At least it's not a super fast growing type like lung or pancreatic. Maybe I will see my oldest of four get her drivers license, if it goes well I'll be around a little longer.
you will brother just do what you can! And enjoy life!!!

Kmk1012, when I'm feelin blue this song helps me, soulshine - allman brothers. Stay strong, you never know how strong you are, until its the only choice you got.

I've been trying to have a sense of humor. Unfortunately, my humor manifests itself out of a dark place. It also manifests itself in song lyrics (which annoys my wife...a lot).

"Hands......touching hands......reaching out......exposing me.......exposing YOU.......COVID One-Nine (bom-bom-bom)...."

Sorry to hear and hope you can make the best of the time you have. There is always hope. I know this sounds cliche but it's true. I was told when I was under 30 not to make long term plans. Had a disease with no cure that was going to do me in. I at first went off and made a real wreck "having fun". Then got married again, had to slow down. Then they did find a cure. It was quite the invention. Now I often joke that they kind of hosed me. Told me not to make long term plans so now that I lived I was not nearly as prepared as I would like to have been. Medical science has leaped light years in the last decade. So live each day for all you can and remember, before it gets you some smart people may well find a way to beat it.

Logged off for a bit. Needed the break. Some here truly getting too grumpy and "arseholey" to want to be on the forum as of late.

Hope all is well with those here that are truly cool asss people!

I noticed this. I almost shot you a PM. You have your profile so I can't see if/when you've been on the board or posted. It makes sense a thread about gummed up .22LR mags would bring you out in the light again! :D
Glad to hear you're well, and hope the same for the rest of your clan.

I've been trying to have a sense of humor. Unfortunately, my humor manifests itself out of a dark place. It also manifests itself in song lyrics (which annoys my wife...a lot).

"Hands......touching hands......reaching out......exposing me.......exposing YOU.......COVID One-Nine (bom-bom-bom)...."

Your sense of humor very often gives me my morning laugh. In your position, what ever makes you feel better is a good thing! We really need people like you here, and elsewhere! ;) Thank you for doing what you do.

Hard to keep positive when the doc calls and tells you you've maybe got a three of four years left if the chemo works after doing some major painful procedures. Then the wife is getting bubblegumy cause she's home all the time and wants to do stuff.Hell, I just want to work but found out the upcoming treatment will make me take another couple months off, including several weeks at OHSU. This after finally going back to work from a two and a half month recovery. I'm out of sick time and am getting to the point of not giving a bubblegum about anything. So, my point is, not to be an a-hole, but if you're trying to stay positive because of being stuck at home, try learning that you won't live to see the age of 45 and then mix all this crap on top of it. I sincerely hope that this rant will make someone's day or night better because it's shi-tt-y for me right now.
P.S., who wants my guns in a couple years?LOL
That is a lot to take in, if you don't mind my family will be praying for you and yours.

Sorry about that rant, I've just been bombarded lately with a ton of info I was afraid that was coming. That I can handle, but when compounded with the wife and kids it's getting tough b

No need to apologize.

I will say a prayer for you and your family.

Cate

There are (and were) times when I felt LOW.

So then....
I'd stop and take a moment to think about.....

"There are probably others out there, who have it worst than me."

Hummmm.....I'd take a breath and let THAT sink in.

Aloha, Mark

My husband has been shooting several times a week.

Sunshine, walks and getting outdoors seem to help us.

Work outside - mow the lawn - plant something - trim something.

Sew something.

Cook something.

Take a drive.

Read.

Study a new or old subject matter that really trips your trigger.

Listen to music.

Sing.

Dance around the house.

Watch a movie or a tv show. Classics! British mystery shows are good on PBS too!

Talk to friends.

Help someone who needs help.

Donate something or gift some items to people.

Pray for people that you know and for strangers too.

Ask God to give you strength and guidance during these crazy times.

Cate

@kmk1012 don't lose faith my friend. Make the most of everyday, every moment. I'll be keeping you and your family in our prayers. And I'd like to have several prayer groups I have contact with to lift you up in prayer as well. There's no limit to Dad's healing capability!

One of the things I do is to trick myself into having a nice day by starting out the day having a nice day by sitting on my front porch with a hot cup of coffee watching the Sunrise and listening to the birds sing there morning songs.

One of the things I do is to trick myself into having a nice day by starting out the day having a nice day by sitting on my front porch with a hot cup of coffee watching the Sunrise and listening to the birds sing there morning songs.

We were/are watching a robin build her nest! She just finished it yesterday and 3 different types of birds were competing for the same spot. It took her 3 tries with the wind and rain knocking it down. One nest in my flowering pear tree lasted for 3 years on the south side of the property. It never got blown away!

We have a LOT of wildlife here and we enjoy watching all of them at all times of the day. They like our natural, Lolo National Forest planted grass planted by me (Via seeds.) and we do not spray or use chemicals on the grass. They like all of the natural plantings brought back to life by me behind my water rights ditch too.

Cate

The past 24 hours have been very uplifting around here, and needed. The kids haven't been running the house while I'm away at work and I've come home to a positive household, that was really needed and appreciated. All the well wishes and prayer have helped immensely, my pain has dropped to a level that on Sunday I'm taking my family on a short road trip to find some sage rats and jack rabbits, I can't wait to report back as this will be my kids' first trip over east and they are almost as excited as I am. I'll keep positive and hopefully report some success after Sunday. Have a great night!

Kmk, keep that hope alive. I can't say I know what that news must have felt like, but I've been diagnosed with a condition that was 100% fatal if not addressed through open heart surgery. I was in my early 30's. Left wife in the waiting room and spent six hours with my chest open in the OR. I didn't have any symptoms, and it was discovered by a doctor's hunch in a way that makes me wonder if God put that "hunch" in his mind. By all rights I shouldn't be alive today, but I am. Doctors give their best estimates but sometimes prepare patients for a bad and likely, but not guaranteed, scenario. Even if it does eventually get you, maybe that will be ten or fifteen years from now. Every passing month is another month that research into potential cures is being conducted. Imagine all the people who were diagnosed with HIV in the early 90's who were told that once it progresses to AIDs they will certainly die. Now look how good the treatment for that disease is.

I will be praying for you.

kmk1012, sorry to hear what you're going through. We'll all hope and pray for the best.

Of all the times to try to stay away from doctors and hospitals, we're in the process of scheduling surgery for my teenage son, to remove a lymph node for biopsy. Suddenly worries of covid, job loss, and all that took a back seat.

Although I do not have the pleasure of your acquaintance, my heart goes out to you. Very sorry to hear of your situation. This will be my 70th year, so I have more of my life behind me. Yet I still worry about when that day comes that I won't be around to take care of my wife the way I'm used to. I had some very good news yesterday on the other end of the medical scale which I was going to mention but after reading about yours, it just makes me sick to think about it. So I'll leave it for another time and wish you the best.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top