JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm not sure of your financial situation or what you do for work. Have you considered converting a vehicle into a small camper? I had a friend who traveled a lot as well. He got sick from a bacterial infection, he assumed from a hotel visit. He swore off staying at unclean hotels. Bought a ford transit and converted it into a mini sleeper. It looked normal on the outside, not a white fleet version. And you could not see in at all. He usually slept in the parking lots of the hotel his work booked for him. So if he needed to use the restroom and such. However he would get pretty creative about it. I believe he still does this to this day though I haven't talked to him in ages.

I'm not sure of your financial situation or what you do for work. Have you considered converting a vehicle into a small camper? I had a friend who traveled a lot as well. He got sick from a bacterial infection, he assumed from a hotel visit. He swore off staying at unclean hotels. Bought a ford transit and converted it into a mini sleeper. It looked normal on the outside, not a white fleet version. And you could not see in at all. He usually slept in the parking lots of the hotel his work booked for him. So if he needed to use the restroom and such. However he would get pretty creative about it. I believe he still does this to this day though I haven't talked to him in ages.
And not to mention bed bugs:eek:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00N95IVS...colid=VYXDBEXUJEIG&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

View attachment 484755

I always use these when they are installed:

View attachment 484756

They make a pretty good racket if you try to open the door with them locked - I have tried to exit a few times when I have forgotten that I had locked it. That said, there may be a trick to unlocking them from the outside, I don't know.

My door didn't have one, which was what got me thinking about the whole thing in the first place.

I have stayed in motels 300 days some years. I typically travel with my 629 and Scotch Terrier. At my ranch and on the boats I have frequently lived on, we seldom lock doors.......I find the common cross bolt door locks in motels next to a safe in strength. I like my Scotty to be there to wake me up but think most security issues in a motel are while people are not in the room. Burglers don't want to confront anyone. Some person out to kill you would choose a better easier location, I think we are wringing our hands over little threat here. You are more likely to die in a car crash on the way to the room than having a serious issue while in it. I never leave important or valueable things unattended in a room but other than that a fire extinguisher and a rope to slide down from an upper floor (like old western hotels had) in case of a fire would be more valueable that some devise to barricade yourself inside. I avoid staying in places that look like a Hitchcock set and prefer an outside door but other than that, feel pretty safe most places.
The places I stay are over $100 a night in the greater Seattle area, I'm not staying in places that rent rooms to junkies and hookers.

Greater Seattle is crawling with strung out, hopped up people, it has changed a lot in the last 5 years. The crime statistics support my threat recognition software.

I feel the real threat is spinal damage from the hotel pillows. I travel a lot for work, and no matter how nice the hotel, the pillows always seem to put my neck at a 45 degree angle.

Well, that and the smoke. Was just at a site in klamath falls and the air quality was terrible.

I always use these when they are installed:

View attachment 484756

They make a pretty good racket if you try to open the door with them locked - I have tried to exit a few times when I have forgotten that I had locked it. That said, there may be a trick to unlocking them from the outside, I don't know.

There is. And it can be done with a brochure from the front desk. A few years back while staying in the second story of a hotel in Kansas I had left the window open to the room on a particularly windy day. When I came back to the room I found the pressure difference in the room most likely from closing the door and/or the wind had been enough to latch the door behind me. The front desk had no way to get me back into the room without breaking the door down. I took a brochure from the front desk and slid it through the edge of the door where the latch was and the swing arm moved right off.

This works....:eek: Claymore.jpg

Well it's a little late for all those gadget if you're already in the room move the table in front of the door at least they won't be able to get in quite

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top