JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Doing outdoor chores, at least one project a day when sunny.

Organizing my gun stuff, making storage containers for all of my different magazines and cleaning every gun in the safe.

Changing out the seven 8' shop-lights to LEDs in my 24'x72' shop. Most of the fluorescent ballasts are burned out or near death. It gets pretty dark when the sun is not out. I ordered four 8' LEDs from Lowes, on 35% off sale for a little over $50 a piece. That should brighten up the shop along with the few fluorescent that still work.

Lots of projects to keep me busy.

My wife has finally snapped at the stay at home lifestyle. Currently not talking to me. :( I try to do things around the house to make her happy, but sometimes she just loses it. She is just not wired for this. She is very outgoing, talkative and has friends that she usually has lunches with. She doesn't do gun stuff, so outdoor projects are what we usually do together.

I hope that all couples are doing well. It is sometimes tough when all you have for company is your spouse or loved one. Stay optimistic. :confused:

Wash, wash, wash your hands.

Sung to the tune of: Smoke, smoke that cigarette.

Well, I know it's not best, but I still touch my face....and it's not yet (but will be per the lemming brigade not allowed to) touch my face. Everything not allowed today, will be tomorrow...that's the way it works...

In fact, I'm retrieving a big old booger right now...this is a trophy sized booger, worthy of being immortalized as a plastic sculptor trophy, (though we no longer taxidermize such honarable critters)...such a shame...probably full of cv virus...so, stand back!

It's heavy!

Pete F,

Say f-ing Sayonara to her, when the timing's right for you.

My wife and I aren't alienated, but those who are should (I hope) get rid of those who're hateful, not helpful....f-them.

Pete F,

Say f-ing Sayonara to her, when the timing's right for you.

My wife and I aren't alienated, but those who are should (I hope) get rid of those who're hateful, not helpful....f-them.
WOW.

I DO - Till death do us part - or at least until you are struggling mentally with a 100 year event and say something nasty to me. :rolleyes:

???

STAY POSITIVE! :D

Lots to do around here. We're pretty used to not going anywhere. Pulled apart wife's new PMR-30 and cleaned and reassembled multiple times. She works four 12-hour night shifts and has 2,3, or 4 nights off. She reads and cooks. We have "prepped" and rotated stock for a very long time. Just don't like to run out of half & half for coffee. We stopped watching the news. We watched a couple medical YouTube things on the covid. Nasty stuff.

Stay positive. Minimize contact. Eat well. Excercise. Do chores. This may take a while but it will either pass or stabilize.

Dude you are WAYYYYY down the scale of "on the edge". I work in health care. I daily see people who make you look laid back and calm. The "news" has gone wall to wall trying to incite panic. Its often hard in the "information age" to not let it start to get to you. I am past 60, so prime risk if I did nothing. I go to work with the people who are sick. I guess maybe that's why I stay calm? Who knows. One coworker of Wife is being told by her family to quit her job because of me. Her family is telling her I will bring the plague home to my Wife who will then give it to her. The woman is at the point of full on panic break down.
My favorite was a woman who went all panic on me a few nights ago who wanted to go out and smoke. When told if you come in to the quarantine area to visit someone who may die you PPE up coming in and you stay in. You leave you stay out for the day. She wanted to go in and out to smoke. When told several times this is not happening she chose to leave without seeing the loved one as the smokes were too important. As I left with her I told her the smoking would kill her a lot faster than this plague she was so damn scared of. She of course got mad, I did not care, I had had more than enough of her.
Wash, wash, wash your hands.

Sung to the tune of: Smoke, smoke that cigarette.

Well, I know it's not best, but I still touch my face....and it's not yet (but will be per the lemming brigade not allowed to) touch my face. Everything not allowed today, will be tomorrow...that's the way it works...

In fact, I'm retrieving a big old booger right now...this is a trophy sized booger, worthy of being immortalized as a plastic sculptor trophy, (though we no longer taxidermize such honarable critters)...such a shame...probably full of cv virus...so, stand back!

It's heavy!

LMAO
Brought back a memory from boot camp MCRD San Diego ever so many years ago sitting in the chow hall. One of the other recruit at our table was conducting an excavation, finger buried to the knuckle unbeknownst to him a lieutenant was observing. When the recruit withdrew his digit and starts to examine his prize the lieutenant standing behind him, in his best Gomer Pyle voice exclaims "did you get it prive? did you get it" before walking away shaking his head...
:s0082:

Logged off for a bit. Needed the break. Some here truly getting too grumpy and "arseholey" to want to be on the forum as of late.

Hope all is well with those here that are truly cool asss people!

Staying focused on work and school. it's a handful but it's keeping the time flying by.

Making sure you take breaks and time to get outside, even just a 15 minute walk with do your mental health wonders.

Thankful for what I have, for my family that's supportive and the fact that we're healthy and safe. Tell your loved ones that you love them, hug them, let them know how much they mean to you.

Hard to keep positive when the doc calls and tells you you've maybe got a three of four years left if the chemo works after doing some major painful procedures. Then the wife is getting bubblegumy cause she's home all the time and wants to do stuff.Hell, I just want to work but found out the upcoming treatment will make me take another couple months off, including several weeks at OHSU. This after finally going back to work from a two and a half month recovery. I'm out of sick time and am getting to the point of not giving a bubblegum about anything. So, my point is, not to be an a-hole, but if you're trying to stay positive because of being stuck at home, try learning that you won't live to see the age of 45 and then mix all this crap on top of it. I sincerely hope that this rant will make someone's day or night better because it's shi-tt-y for me right now.
P.S., who wants my guns in a couple years?LOL

Sorry about that rant, I've just been bombarded lately with a ton of info I was afraid that was coming. That I can handle, but when compounded with the wife and kids it's getting tough b

Hard to keep positive when the doc calls and tells you you've maybe got a three of four years left if the chemo works after doing some major painful procedures. Then the wife is getting bubblegumy cause she's home all the time and wants to do stuff.Hell, I just want to work but found out the upcoming treatment will make me take another couple months off, including several weeks at OHSU. This after finally going back to work from a two and a half month recovery. I'm out of sick time and am getting to the point of not giving a bubblegum about anything. So, my point is, not to be an a-hole, but if you're trying to stay positive because of being stuck at home, try learning that you won't live to see the age of 45 and then mix all this crap on top of it. I sincerely hope that this rant will make someone's day or night better because it's shi-tt-y for me right now.
P.S., who wants my guns in a couple years?LOL
I'm sorry to hear that brother! But doctors have been wrong before! And you seem pretty stubborn I'll be praying for a fast recovery keep us updated. I know its hard and I'll pray you're family settles down a little and you can rest! And if there's any thing I can do to make life a little easier let me know

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top