JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
...I have shared this information with several state legislators, the NSSF, NRA and SAF. I will be testifying in a Senate Law and Justice meeting this Wednesday and will aggressively highlight this topic. Sharing the facts of the issue, how it can impact delusional uneducated easily persuaded laborer class perceived rights, and the disregard of the safety and comedic civil rights of unprivileged base populace..
Fixed it for you. You do not want the Legislators to dismiss you entirely.

And this is how they dictate gun owners. No laws need to change, they can simply change the software in a back office and shut down gun purchases. Then it is blamed on a glitch. This has actually happened in other states.
Kind of like Seattle's web page never having any appointment time to apply for your conceal carry permit...

Last Edited:
Adventure sports in Lynnwood, I do all my transfers thru them. (if anybody ever buys some of the guns I am selling we will go thru them also... grrrrr. LOL)
I only laugh because its hard to sell any guns on this page unless you have one million posts and sales... 😆

I just called the Benton County Sheriff's office (Kennewick, Wa.) and asked about issuing. They're issuing & have been. Appointment needed to fingerprint for new licenses. Renewals are easier.

Dan

I believe I have my understanding down correctly, but if 10 days has passed, legally the FFL can release the handgun to you. If they say "no", it is because they are choosing not to? (As long as I have a valid WA ID)

I believe I have my understanding down correctly, but if 10 days has passed, legally the FFL can release the handgun to you. If they say "no", it is because they are choosing not to? (As long as I have a valid WA ID)
Yes, so far as I know that has not changed YET. If it does I am sure one of the FFL's here will let us know. This originally started as 5 business days. While back state changed it to 10. "Some" FFL's would let guns held in wait with no response go out the door, some would not. During this great hoax a LOT of people got caught up in this. Last 2 times we bought a hand gun our FFL just let them come home after the 10 because they never heard back but, we had been dealing with them from the time they opened. Many here would jump up and down and scream we should sue the FFL holders. Of course none of them wanted to start an FFL and take any risk, they just wanted to yell and scream at the small business people instead of the real culprit, incompetent government employee's. Often people the people screaming voted for by the way.
Given the people in charge of rules and laws in WA state all of this is always up in the air. Its why I have long said. If you wish to buy, or transfer a hand gun or "assault weapon" here in WA ask the FFL you choose to use FIRST. How do they handle it if weeks go by and they have not heard from the people in the state who give them the OK. Too many people pay for something, then when its not going well start to look for someone to blame.
Another reason to ask this question here BEFORE plunking down cash at some FFL. Not all FFL's always seem to really know what the rules and laws are. Telling one you read it on the net will seldom get the person who has everything to lose to want to poke the WA AG over the few bucks they make off a sale or transfer. So ask first.

A right delayed is a right denied.
Yep! Sadly a LOT of freedom loving people have been telling those in power for a long time now that they like it this way though. Look how long it took for this great hoax to really get people mad? A HUGE swath of them, both gun owners and non, still support this power grab like it is some new cult they swallowed. You can not reach them because they like being told what to do as long as those telling them promise to take care of them. Very sad indeed to see how far we have slipped.

Yes, so far as I know that has not changed YET. If it does I am sure one of the FFL's here will let us know. This originally started as 5 business days. While back state changed it to 10. "Some" FFL's would let guns held in wait with no response go out the door, some would not. During this great hoax a LOT of people got caught up in this. Last 2 times we bought a hand gun our FFL just let them come home after the 10 because they never heard back but, we had been dealing with them from the time they opened. Many here would jump up and down and scream we should sue the FFL holders. Of course none of them wanted to start an FFL and take any risk, they just wanted to yell and scream at the small business people instead of the real culprit, incompetent government employee's. Often people the people screaming voted for by the way.
Given the people in charge of rules and laws in WA state all of this is always up in the air. Its why I have long said. If you wish to buy, or transfer a hand gun or "assault weapon" here in WA ask the FFL you choose to use FIRST. How do they handle it if weeks go by and they have not heard from the people in the state who give them the OK. Too many people pay for something, then when its not going well start to look for someone to blame.
Another reason to ask this question here BEFORE plunking down cash at some FFL. Not all FFL's always seem to really know what the rules and laws are. Telling one you read it on the net will seldom get the person who has everything to lose to want to poke the WA AG over the few bucks they make off a sale or transfer. So ask first.
Lesson learned. I called the FFL today and they said they can't release it til my check comes back. They said that they were aware of the 10 day rule, but still wouldn't release it. Transfer was done on 5/27. Last time I will be using them unfortunately

Lesson learned. I called the FFL today and they said they can't release it til my check comes back. They said that they were aware of the 10 day rule, but still wouldn't release it. Transfer was done on 5/27. Last time I will be using them unfortunately
Sadly this is a common theme since the Fed's told the State they were done holding their hand. Used to be having the permit (CPL) waved the wait. The Fed's were helping out and had told the state they had to set up their own. Something like others such as OR does. State ignored them because the voters here did not care. Well Feds finally said that's it. Like so many things gun related few shooters had any idea what was going on "behind the scenes" because it was not yet effecting them. So when it finally did a lot of course got mad :s0092:.
It sucks to be sure but, I do not hold the FFL's responsible to just don't want to take the risk. The WA AG is SUPER anti gun. If he decides to go after some FFL he has unlimited funds to crush them. So again the shooters here who sat back and let this happen? Hope a lot of them pay more attention now.
I know this does not make you feel any better but at least now you are forewarned so forearmed next time if that helps any. :(

Sadly this is a common theme since the Fed's told the State they were done holding their hand. Used to be having the permit (CPL) waved the wait. The Fed's were helping out and had told the state they had to set up their own. Something like others such as OR does. State ignored them because the voters here did not care. Well Feds finally said that's it. Like so many things gun related few shooters had any idea what was going on "behind the scenes" because it was not yet effecting them. So when it finally did a lot of course got mad :s0092:.
It sucks to be sure but, I do not hold the FFL's responsible to just don't want to take the risk. The WA AG is SUPER anti gun. If he decides to go after some FFL he has unlimited funds to crush them. So again the shooters here who sat back and let this happen? Hope a lot of them pay more attention now.
I know this does not make you feel any better but at least now you are forewarned so forearmed next time if that helps any. :(
I voted against Turdgeson. I can't tell you who I voted for, because that didn't matter. If Johnnie Cochrane was on the ticket he would have got my vote.
Our state AG makes our authoritarian Governor look like a cartoon school principal.
And don't go forgetting about him after he surrenders his current position. Because evil never dies.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top