JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Handguns, so-called assault rifles and CPL processing all require the WSP NICS data for LE approval.
Possibly since there is no hiding the agenda to ban semi automatic rifles, they are slow walking those purchases and letting the others go through more quickly.

For example, I got my CPL renewal (unconstitutional bs) back only a couple weeks after filing for it.

I believe it is all due to I-1639 requiring enhanced background checks for handguns and semiauto rifles thru the state.
FFL's can still go direct to the FBI NICS system for non semi long guns transfers.
Someone please correct me if this is not the case

I believe it is all due to I-1639 requiring enhanced background checks for handguns and semiauto rifles thru the state.
FFL's can still go direct to the FBI NICS system for non semi long guns transfers.
Someone please correct me if this is not the case
Not really. WA has had a waiting period for hand guns all of my life. It used to be 5 days. The FFL had to send notice to the buyers CLEO, normally Sheriff or Chief of Police depending on where buyer lives, to let them know buyer wanted to buy a hand gun. The FFL would then get an OK to sell. Later this was changed to 10 days. Those of us with an CPL this wait was waved. The Fed's were doing the check for the state as a courtesy . The Feds had told the state many years ago that they needed to set up their own system. Like the state or OR has. WA ignored them and did not. Finally the Feds just said enough, we are done. So then those of us with a CPL had to wait just like the rest.
Then the voters here passed the new law on "assault rifles" adding a 10 day wait for them along with passing a test. So when I go to buy a hand gun here the FFL will first go to the Feds, run me, and get a proceed. Then when it's all done he has to go to the State and tell them and wait for them to say its OK. This is where it got fun. State got bogged down, and a lot of "we don't care because we don't have too" employee's along the way. If the delay goes over 30 days then the FFL has to start over with the Feds again.

Not really. WA has had a waiting period for hand guns all of my life. It used to be 5 days. The FFL had to send notice to the buyers CLEO, normally Sheriff or Chief of Police depending on where buyer lives, to let them know buyer wanted to buy a hand gun. The FFL would then get an OK to sell. Later this was changed to 10 days. Those of us with an CPL this wait was waved. The Fed's were doing the check for the state as a courtesy . The Feds had told the state many years ago that they needed to set up their own system. Like the state or OR has. WA ignored them and did not. Finally the Feds just said enough, we are done. So then those of us with a CPL had to wait just like the rest.
Then the voters here passed the new law on "assault rifles" adding a 10 day wait for them along with passing a test. So when I go to buy a hand gun here the FFL will first go to the Feds, run me, and get a proceed. Then when it's all done he has to go to the State and tell them and wait for them to say its OK. This is where it got fun. State got bogged down, and a lot of "we don't care because we don't have too" employee's along the way. If
Wow...great info! You must be an FFL.
So when my ffl tells me he won't release my pistol to me after nearly 3 weeks he already has my federal nics ok.

the delay goes over 30 days then the FFL has to start over with the Feds again

Wow...great info! You must be an FFL.
So when my ffl tells me he won't release my pistol to me after nearly 3 weeks he already has my federal nics ok.
No i'm not an FFL but I do buy a lot of guns :D
The WA thing was LONG before the Federal law changed forcing sales to go through the "insta check". Until that Fed law went in we walked into a place that sold guns. Filled out the 4473, walked out with our gun. If it was a hand gun we had to show we had a CPL. Then the Feds passed a law that all firearm sales had to be BGC'd. The Insta check was born. So now we walked in and no matter what kind of firearm the FFL had to ask the Feds permission. Used to be phone, later they were doing it on a laptop. We fill out paper, they enter the info, would get a proceed or delayed. So after proceed if we did not have a CPL they would next ask the State for blessing. Normally if you are having a hold up its the State. Some times the insta check gets delayed too but often its a matter of a very short time. Hours not days. Dealer will tell you which one is the hold up but, my guess is the State is the bottle neck.

Even with a valid WA CPL, my repeat business FFL in Vancouver stated "I'm required to hold for 30 days if no CCSO or LEO response."
Started a bgc for a G26 on 6/10 and no response yet. I usually get approval in 6-7 business days for past transfers. I'll keep y'all posted.

Even with a valid WA CPL, my repeat business FFL in Vancouver stated "I'm required to hold for 30 days if no CCSO or LEO response."
Started a bgc for a G26 on 6/10 and no response yet. I usually get approval in 6-7 business days for past transfers. I'll keep y'all posted.
He is stating a corporate or business requirement, the law does not require a wait past ten business days

Paid for handgun at WGS in Lakewood on 6/9....picked up this morning.

They must have gotten something unclogged, as I finally got a proceed from Bellevue PD today.

My FFL initially submitted paperwork on May 26, then called Bellevue PD a week ago and was told they never received it. FFL resubmitted last Monday, and the approval came through today.

Crazy, I got my p320 through a private party on here on May 21st (Friday) transferred at Limitless America, and bought a p365X on June 14th (Monday) new from Limitless America. BG is being ran through Clark County Sheriffs. Still waiting on both.
You might have to refile on that first purchase. I just talked to my FFL and hey said they haven't heard from Clark County in almost two weeks. My BG is about to expire.

Last Edited:
He is stating a corporate or business requirement, the law does not require a wait past ten business days
I believe "assault rifles
You might have to refile on that first purchase. I just talked to my FFL and hey said they haven't heard from Clark County in almost two weeks. My BG is about to expire.
Spoke with Clark County Sheriff's folks yesterday. They are still not able to conect with WsP data.
And even after they do get it fixed their backlog is over 1000 bgc's.
My 4473 expires next week.

Spoke with Clark County Sheriff's folks yesterday. They are still not able to conect with WsP data.

Sadly the FFL may then have to run you again with the Insta Check. Hopefully there is no hang up here. Even if it does it's normally very short with them. I have had and seen many were they were delayed by Fed's and before the buyer could even get in their vehicle to leave the proceed came. Sucks and I know this does not make it feel any better but, hopefully a LOT of voters will start to remember this and pay attention every 2 years. Can't change in one cycle but, if a lot of people keep after the people making the mess and some start to lose their job? The rest will suddenly care. They fear nothing except losing.

Sadly the FFL may then have to run you again with the Insta Check. Hopefully there is no hang up here. Even if it does it's normally very short with them. I have had and seen many were they were delayed by Fed's and before the buyer could even get in their vehicle to leave the proceed came. Sucks and I know this does not make it feel any better but, hopefully a LOT of voters will start to remember this and pay attention every 2 years. Can't change in one cycle but, if a lot of people keep after the people making the mess and some start to lose their job? The rest will suddenly care. They fear nothing except losing.
1624402233357.png

Dang it, missed your 12345th post lol

I'm approaching my 30 calendar day limit(06/28 on 4473) for a pistol. Heard Clark County systems are back up, but with a big backlog. Sounded like I might have fill out the 4473 paperwork again assuming the first background comes back.

Just picked up my Sig, FFL said I was the first they called and they will be calling people all day. I guess Clark County got back online yesterday, good thing because my 30 days was tomorrow.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top