JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
this is my son's first semi auto and a mini pocket pistol at that - he's been carrying the Ruger SP101 3" for CCW

he wanted a semi with an external safety and single action trigger

but he had constant problems with failure to eject on his first time out

now, I had no issue, only him

he doesn't expect to shoot it at more than 7' for self defense and wants to train with one hand

the 911 weighs in at only 12 oz, he's unfamiliar with semis and was limpwristing it

do formal ranges even let you shoot from the hip at 7'

so he had to train to stiff wrist it or hold his elbow tight against his hip for close in shooting

this is not a target or range pistol, last ditch self defense only, so training in our own front yard against old Fir logs, backed by a dirt berm

after that, 50 rnds with no issue

nice little pocket gun

do formal ranges even let you shoot from the hip at 7'
If by formal you mean ranges with a line and signals for cold/hot, then my experience is no.
You would need an action range, or someplace like you describe your very handy front yard.

You might look for a range where they offer IDPA / IPSC / etc. near him. They could tell you where they train.

If by formal you mean ranges with a line and signals for cold/hot, then my experience is no.
You would need an action range, or someplace like you describe your very handy front yard.

You might look for a range where they offer IDPA / IPSC / etc. near him. They could tell you where they train.
he lives here on the Property, so for now, it's the front yard

all our neighbors shoot also, so no one complains on the noise

The Springfield 911 in .380 is quite a nice package, rivals Colt Mustangs from an era now long ago. Add a VersaCarry, a couple of extended magazines and high quality self defense ammo. You can't go wrong.
5FF57822-B0F6-45FC-9338-DDB564675EC5.jpeg E3DA5CC9-E2DC-48D8-85A3-B60CE807F06F.jpeg

The Springfield 911 in .380 is quite a nice package, rivals Colt Mustangs from an era now long ago. Add a VersaCarry, a couple of extended magazines and high quality self defense ammo. You can't go wrong.
View attachment 994849View attachment 994850
running buffalo bore .380 hollow point +P for carry
have one extended mag that came with it
my son carries it in his cargo pants and this time, no holster

running buffalo bore .380 hollow point +P for carry
have one extended mag that came with it
my son carries it in his cargo pants and this time, no holster
You can get an Alien Gear pocket holster for $10 on Amazon that'll protect both the gun and pocket.

Cool. I only recently started carrying in my front pants pocket and didn't want the gun to wear a hole through them. Keeps the gun relatively lint free too.
Pretty happy with it.
I have worn a fanny pack since 1990, have a fused spine and can't carry a wallet in my back pocket, you can fit a range of pistols and revolvers in a standard fanny pack

I was told years ago, when one sees an man with a beard wearing a fanny pack, they just assume he's carrying

it only came in handy once, in a situation at night in NYC

I wasn't carrying, but just letting out a sigh and unzipping the fanny pack defused the situation

I have a Colt Mustang XSP (Now called Mustang Lite) and I have a Springfield 911, not the economy model, but the full meal deal. I had to send it back as it would not cycle. They fixed it straight away (Missing spring) and it runs perfect. My home carry gun now. It has the best accuracy of my twelve pocket 380's I have shot at least five magazines of six different varieties of ammunition and two hundred rounds of LAX 102 grain on top those six others.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR