JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I, too, want a Hellcat. But my Shield 9 is just so great, so reliable, so comfortable, that I can't bring myself to switch it up for 2 rounds. I carry with a 9rd mag (Magguts +2 on a 7rd mag), so 9+1 is really close to the 11+1 of the Hellcat, and 2 rounds just isn't a whole lot more.

I will say though, that the only configuration of this gun that I would get is the red dot version. I prefer dots on my guns as it is, but this option seems to be the main reason to go Springfield over Sig...the ability to put a co-witnessed red dot. Even the P365XL loses its rear sight when the plate comes off, but not on the Hellcat, which keeps its rear sight when the plate comes off.

Buy it!

I've never shot a Shield 40 but have several S&W CS40s, one with TercGen Delrin grips installed, which I believe would be a close match to the Shield 40 while weighing a bit more. My neighbor, the guy who buys the latest, greatest new handguns, let me inspect and shoot his Hellcat.

It really is a nicely engineered firearm and shoots well within 10 yards at the range, but I found it too small for my hand with the flush mag installed. I found myself flexing my hand and regripping the gun every few rounds probably because I'm not use to having my pinky finger dangling.

I suspect getting a proper grip from the draw every time would be an issue for me. I'd be reluctant to use this gun as a CCW because of the hand fit.

Last week I was deciding between the Hellcat and the P365. I wanted time to decide between the 2 so I bought both to see which I preferred. I like the Hellcat more mostly due to the trigger, but also because of the texture on the grip and the extra round in the magazines. It feels as if it fills my hand a bit more than the P365. I've found it most comfortable with the pinky extension, but it is still manageable with the flush base plate. Comes with 11 round mag, flat base plate, pinky extension base plate and the 13 round mag so you can set it up how you want it for concealed carry.

Long story short, I am keeping the P365, only because I plan to get more sigs in the future. So I'm selling the one week old Hellcat for $400. I can meet you in Albany. I'll cover background, you cover transfer. I'm in Salem.

I like the Hellcat more mostly due to the trigger, but also because of the texture on the grip and the extra round in the magazines. It feels as if it fills my hand a bit more than the P365. I've found it most comfortable with the pinky extension, but it is still manageable with the flush base plate.
Congratulations, that is the primary key ingredient, the fit of ones hand...:eek::D

I kinda want the Hellcat OSP. However... when you factor in the cost of the gun plus the optical sight it gets up into the $900 or so range.

I'm having a real hard time justifying that kind of expense when I already have an adequate supply of things that go bang perfectly well.

:s0002:

I kinda want the Hellcat OSP. However... when you factor in the cost of the gun plus the optical sight it gets up into the $900 or so range.

I'm having a real hard time justifying that kind of expense when I already have an adequate supply of things that go bang perfectly well.

:s0002:
I'd struggle spending that on a Springfield as well. there are higher quality manufacturers that I wouldn't mind putting money into to make more reliable.

I like the Hellcat more

Your post is confusing. You wax on about the HELLCAT, then decide to go with the Sig ...? WTF?

One of your reasons being
only because I plan to get more sigs in the future
. What in the world does that have to do with the HELLCAT???

I'd struggle spending that on a Springfield as well. there are higher quality manufacturers that I wouldn't mind putting money into to make more reliable.

The cost of the HELLCAT is actually LESS than the P365. The optic is not related to the gun, as you have a world of choices.

Don't know what your referring to when you mention "higher quality". Was there an issue with your HELLCAT?

Hey guys, thanks for the input! After some research I think i'm going to go for an HK VP9SK.
I love my vp9, I imagine the sk is just as good. Unfortunately for me, the mag release on the sk was hard to reach with my index finger and thumb without moving my hand to manipulate it. Make sure you check that before you buy it because it was a deal breaker for me.

I really like the paddle release on the full size and ability to use my index finger instead of thumb but there was no way to make it work on the little guy.

Last week I was deciding between the Hellcat and the P365. I wanted time to decide between the 2 so I bought both to see which I preferred. I like the Hellcat more mostly due to the trigger, but also because of the texture on the grip and the extra round in the magazines. It feels as if it fills my hand a bit more than the P365. I've found it most comfortable with the pinky extension, but it is still manageable with the flush base plate. Comes with 11 round mag, flat base plate, pinky extension base plate and the 13 round mag so you can set it up how you want it for concealed carry.

Long story short, I am keeping the P365, only because I plan to get more sigs in the future. So I'm selling the one week old Hellcat for $400. I can meet you in Albany. I'll cover background, you cover transfer. I'm in Salem.

Also a fence-rider, I waited long enough to make a decision that Sig came out with the P365 XL, which added exactly the right amount of grip for me (no need for mag extension) and a little bit longer sight radius. I've long been a XD fan (have four of 'em in various calibers) because they have never ever failed to work. Tried a P320C rental, and shot the bullseye out of the target at 10 yards with the first magazine--first time I've had that experience with a new (to me) handgun, and a rental at that! So I started looking at Sigs, liked the 365 and shot it almost as well as the 320C. Then heard rumors about the Hellcat...and waited. I'm happy I did....I think. Will let you know after I've run a couple thousand more rounds through it!

So you bash me in your other post, basically saying that I'm off base and that I have a misconception.

Read your own post here...

terdog..... Misconception on YOUR part. In response to your misconception, I like the Hellcat and P365 equally and chose one due to platform. But hey, assume all you want, and proceed to publish posts on other's ads with said misconceptions as well as unsolicited opinions. To each his own. Have a nice day!

Well, tell me how I'm wrong after reading this from you ...

I like the Hellcat more mostly due to the trigger, but also because of the texture on the grip and the extra round

But, you feel free to be all over the map and post conflicting statements. And as far as "unsolicited opinions" ... I guess that you don't understand what a "forum" is. You post something with an opinion and you may get dissenting positions and get called out when you say something that don't make sense.

I'm only going off of what you posted.

Your "have a nice day" comment shows your lack of sincerity and therefore questions your honesty. Guess that your the type that says 1 thing , but means another.

I'm sure that your gonna come back and flame me. Whatever. I'm movin on.

Last Edited:
So you bash me in your other post, basically saying that I'm off base and that I have a misconception.

Read your own post here...

Well, tell me how I'm wrong after reading this from you ...

But, you feel free to be all over the map and post conflicting statements. And as far as "unsolicited opinions" ... I guess that you don't understand what a "forum" is. You post something with an opinion and you may get dissenting positions and get called out when you say something that don't make sense.

I'm only going off of what you posted.

Your "have a nice day" comment shows your lack of sincerity and therefore questions your honesty. Guess that your the type that says 1 thing , but means another.

I'm sure that your gonna come back and flame me. Whatever. I'm movin on.
We're asking for options not judgements keep it in the pms if you have a quams with other members about there opions please and thank you

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top