JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Sportsman's Warehouse Notice

• Based on the passage of Oregon Ballot Initiative 114 and its expectation to take effect on December 08, 2022, Sportsman's Warehouse currently understands the following impacts to Oregon residents;
    • December 07, 2022 (Wednesday) will be the last day to purchase a full capacity firearm magazine (magazine with a capacity greater than 10 rounds).
    • December 07, 2022 (Wednesday) will be the last day to purchase a firearm equipped with a full capacity magazine (firearms equipped and sold with magazines holding more than 10 rounds).
    • December 07, 2022 (Wednesday) will be the last day to purchase ANY firearm without a valid Oregon Firearm Purchase Permit.
    • If a firearm customer's background check is delayed (goes into the "OSP que") and the approval comes on or after December 08, 2022 (Thursday) – the customer will need a valid Oregon Firearm Purchase Permit to take possession of the firearm.
    • On and after December 08, 2022 (Thursday) all firearm buyers must have an Oregon Firearm Purchase Permit to purchase ANY firearm.
      • At this time there are no known OR law enforcement agencies issuing the Oregon Firearm Purchase Permit.
      • The new Oregon Firearm Purchase Permit may require live fire training.
  • Sportsman's Warehouse is dedicated to serving our Oregon customers and is doing everything possible to satisfy their needs.
    • This includes extending store hours and resupplying stores on a rapid schedule.
  • We encourage you to reach out to your local representatives on this egregious initiative and its potential long-term detrimental impacts to the outdoor sporting goods industry, hunting, shooting sports and Oregonians Second Amendment rights.

some FFLs are acting right now if no firearms purchases will be allowed after Dec. 8th. (Without purchase permit)

i was thinking the current BG process would be extended until the permitting scheme was in place.

guess i was wrong...?

Last Edited:
Sportsmans supposed philosophy is all BULL. I don't think they give a rats hind-end about customers. I say this because of the still high price of their ammo, poor selection of goods and their unwillingness to reveil when scheduled shipments are to arrive.

Last Edited:
Sportsmans supposed philosophy is all BULL. I don't think they give a rats hind-end about customers. I say this because of the still high price of their ammo, poor selection of goods and their unwillingness to review when scheduled shipments are to arrive.
I would really like to know where they are getting their information.
They're just instilling fear to increase sales.

I don't get why people are jumping down Sportsman's throat. It isn't their fault that the Oregon SoS has not provided any clarity as to how/when measure 114 will take effect.

Sportsman's is using the only information available to them, which is Oregon statute saying that any ballot measure goes into law 30 days after it's passage. Barring any other information from actual Oregon officials, what are they expected to do?

They were the only major retailer that attempted to spread awareness and fight Measure 114; any anger about it should be directed toward LEVO, Multnomah County, anyone who voted YES on 114, pro-2A individuals who were too lazy to vote, etc…

I posted the announcement from Sportsman's Warehouse to share information on this forum. My personal opinion is they are informing their customers when no one else is. Other options are out there like the Oregon State Shooting Association (OSSA). Here's a recent announcement from them. You can also visit their website. https://www.ossa.org/

BM114 update, key information/links, your next steps.
Unfortunately, Ballot Measure 114 appears to be passing with a narrow margin. It's very clear that Multnomah and Washington counties carried the vote. 6 counties had yes majorities while the remaining 30 counties had 70%+ No votes. You can use this link to see the summary NBCDecision2022

What's next?

Please see our BM114 web page (www.ossa.org/bm114) for the latest information. We will try to keep it updated to keep you informed.

The effective date is unclear due to the many parts and issues with BM114. The measure will need significant correcting… The state agencies don't even know who will be completing this work. Stay tuned at our OSSA website and BM114 page for updates.

There will be most certainly legal challenges, but these need to be strategic and focused efforts. OSSA and OASR are members of and aligned with the Oregon Sportsmen Opposed to Gun Violence. This is a coalition of local and national teams that will have the means to act on the right legal strategy and actions. The team is formed and engaged. There are many indicating immediate actions – but these need to be coordinated.

What Can You Do?

Most of these type of announcements are really CYA. A bitg retailer like Sportsmans have to do it even more than the small guys as they have way more exposure and harm possible by the big bullies at the state level.

Not totally surprising and per usual yet another piss-poor written initiative and filled with holes and cracks and massive uncertainty. Welcome Oregon to the ongoing mess that is Olympia.

I don't get why people are jumping down Sportsman's throat. It isn't their fault that the Oregon SoS has not provided any clarity as to how/when measure 114 will take effect.

Sportsman's is using the only information available to them, which is Oregon statute saying that any ballot measure goes into law 30 days after it's passage. Barring any other information from actual Oregon officials, what are they expected to do?

They were the only major retailer that attempted to spread awareness and fight Measure 114; any anger about it should be directed toward LEVO, Multnomah County, anyone who voted YES on 114, pro-2A individuals who were too lazy to vote, etc…
A ballot measure is supposed to go into effect 30 days after the vote is certified which in this case is December 15th and the law would be in effect January 15th .

Sportsman's Warehouse Notice

• Based on the passage of Oregon Ballot Initiative 114 and its expectation to take effect on December 08, 2022, Sportsman's Warehouse currently understands the following impacts to Oregon residents;
    • December 07, 2022 (Wednesday) will be the last day to purchase a full capacity firearm magazine (magazine with a capacity greater than 10 rounds).
    • December 07, 2022 (Wednesday) will be the last day to purchase a firearm equipped with a full capacity magazine (firearms equipped and sold with magazines holding more than 10 rounds).
    • December 07, 2022 (Wednesday) will be the last day to purchase ANY firearm without a valid Oregon Firearm Purchase Permit.
    • If a firearm customer's background check is delayed (goes into the "OSP que") and the approval comes on or after December 08, 2022 (Thursday) – the customer will need a valid Oregon Firearm Purchase Permit to take possession of the firearm.
    • On and after December 08, 2022 (Thursday) all firearm buyers must have an Oregon Firearm Purchase Permit to purchase ANY firearm.
      • At this time there are no known OR law enforcement agencies issuing the Oregon Firearm Purchase Permit.
      • The new Oregon Firearm Purchase Permit may require live fire training.
  • Sportsman's Warehouse is dedicated to serving our Oregon customers and is doing everything possible to satisfy their needs.
    • This includes extending store hours and resupplying stores on a rapid schedule.
  • We encourage you to reach out to your local representatives on this egregious initiative and its potential long-term detrimental impacts to the outdoor sporting goods industry, hunting, shooting sports and Oregonians Second Amendment rights.
The new measure isn't supposed to go into effect until 30 days after the vote is certified on December 15th . Soit should not be enforced until January 15th not December 8th .

This is a bit laughable as OSP won't even be asking for permits on Dec 8th. Maybe Sportsmans is trying to set themselves up as the first victim so we can get the first lawsuits going?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top