JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
piss poor time to be a firearms retailer!
I know several shops that are expecting that they will have to permanently close their doors by the end of the year. They won't be able to sell any firearms at all until the state figures out what exactly is going to be involved in getting a permit to purchase a gun and they are not going to be able to make enough money to stay open by only selling ammo and accessories.

I know several shops that are expecting that they will have to permanently close their doors by the end of the year. They won't be able to sell any firearms at all until the state figures out what exactly is going to be involved in getting a permit to purchase a gun and they are not going to be able to make enough money to stay open by only selling ammo and accessories.
I think they will be surprised. They should add some more secure storage space so they don't run out of room to store firearms while customers are waiting for bg checks to clear.

I think this was their plan all along...

Can't a court rule that this is unconstitutional like what's happening in New York? I mean what if we get a measure on the ballot that says liberals can't vote? Even if it passed there is no way it would go into effect, and I don't see how this is any different. It's going to take months, maybe years, for sheriffs to put programs together, train everybody wanting to buy a gun and issue permits. A lot of the sheriffs offices are saying they don't have the resources to do it at all. If nothing is done to stop this no citizen in the state will be able to purchase a gun of any kind. No guns being sold in an entire state would be the greatest 2nd amendment violation I'm aware of. I'm still can't believe this passed. Such a sad time to be an Oregonian.

Hopefully the gun shops wi9ll come together and issue a class action law suit. Wonderful idea!
FFL's should file for injunctive relief like the 80% manufactures did to get around the ATF's frame and receiver rules. The measure is unconstitutional and they would have a good chance of winning that case. I also think it's pretty clear that a gun store that can't sell guns would suffer from damages if relief wasn't granted.

Last Edited:
Sportsman's Warehouse Notice

• Based on the passage of Oregon Ballot Initiative 114 and its expectation to take effect on December 08, 2022, Sportsman's Warehouse currently understands the following impacts to Oregon residents;
    • December 07, 2022 (Wednesday) will be the last day to purchase a full capacity firearm magazine (magazine with a capacity greater than 10 rounds).
    • December 07, 2022 (Wednesday) will be the last day to purchase a firearm equipped with a full capacity magazine (firearms equipped and sold with magazines holding more than 10 rounds).
    • December 07, 2022 (Wednesday) will be the last day to purchase ANY firearm without a valid Oregon Firearm Purchase Permit.
    • If a firearm customer's background check is delayed (goes into the "OSP que") and the approval comes on or after December 08, 2022 (Thursday) – the customer will need a valid Oregon Firearm Purchase Permit to take possession of the firearm.
    • On and after December 08, 2022 (Thursday) all firearm buyers must have an Oregon Firearm Purchase Permit to purchase ANY firearm.
      • At this time there are no known OR law enforcement agencies issuing the Oregon Firearm Purchase Permit.
      • The new Oregon Firearm Purchase Permit may require live fire training.
  • Sportsman's Warehouse is dedicated to serving our Oregon customers and is doing everything possible to satisfy their needs.
    • This includes extending store hours and resupplying stores on a rapid schedule.
  • We encourage you to reach out to your local representatives on this egregious initiative and its potential long-term detrimental impacts to the outdoor sporting goods industry, hunting, shooting sports and Oregonians Second Amendment rights.
I am pretty sure this is a marketing gimmick. I bet when Dec 7th or 8th roles around they will all of a sudden realize Dec 8th is not the day Measure 114 starts after all.

Someone needs to figure out exactly what date this is and we all need to agree that's the one to set our clocks to. I've heard 12/8, 12/15, 1/15 and a host of others. We all sound like a bunch of headless chicken littles

There is no date, they still need to figure out the rules for this latest round of tyranny.
Feeling pretty emboldened I bet since they won't be losing too many elections in the future.

There is no date, they still need to figure out the rules for this latest round of tyranny.
Feeling pretty emboldened I bet since they won't be losing too many elections in the future.
That's partly what I'm getting at. Nobody knows WTF is going on and the sky is falling, apparently, so we make up whatever sounds good to our individual ears and scream about it. It's very tiring

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top