JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A quick question are da/sa guns required to start cocked and locked or can they start hammer down? I shoot a shadow 2 in USPSA and have the useless flat safety's on my production guns but was thinking about trying some speed steel this weekend but don't really feel like changing the safety lever out on my pistol if not necessary.

A quick question are da/sa guns required to start cocked and locked or can they start hammer down? I shoot a shadow 2 in USPSA and have the useless flat safety's on my production guns but was thinking about trying some speed steel this weekend but don't really feel like changing the safety lever out on my pistol if not necessary.

Please see the link below. Scroll down to "starting positions", then down to bullet point #4, "center fire handgun shooters".

I don't know why CZ would even think to go with flat safety levers on a competition gun....smh

Basically, since your Shadow 2 has a safety, you have to use it. Now if you can switch it out with an oversized version, that would be your best bet.

I think ill be in limited. P10C with the sight that come on the gun. Ive opened up the rear notch some, is this modification ok?

Also is it ok if I wear my battle belt? I have it set up for when i go to the feild

You are welcome to shoot us on squad 4, but please make sure you
are squared away with your gun, mags and ammo.

We love helping out new shooters, but we like to get out on time if possible and one way we can do that is by having the new shooter do a little homework with regards to the basic rules, gun, equipment, etc.
I think ill be in limited. P10C with the sight that come on the gun. Ive opened up the rear notch some, is this modification ok?

Also is it ok if I wear my battle belt? I have it set up for when i go to the feild
You should be fine on both counts.

We love helping out new shooters, but we like to get out on time if possible and one way we can do that is by having the new shooter do a little homework with regards to the basic rules, gun, equipment, etc.

Course, it can be a rythm killer if someone doesn't have their crap sorted out.

We recommend at least 5 mags for the match ( pop in a fresh mag after each string). You can get by with 3 mags but then someone in the squad will have to load them if you are having a tough time and missing quite a bit. See above about finishing on time. Lol
300rds of ammo is WAY more than enough for the match.
Bring 12 bucks, eyes and ears and anything else that you might think would be handy while shooting a match.

Send a PM to ac4wordplay for the code to the gate. If he does not reply, PM me and I'll
Make sure you get it. Hope to see both of you guys at the match tomorrow! Any other questions, feel free to ask away here or in a PM. :)

Send a PM to ac4wordplay for the code to the gate. If he does not reply, PM me and I'll
Make sure you get it. Hope to see both of you guys at the match tomorrow! Any other questions, feel free to ask away here or in a PM. :)

Will do, you should see me unless my old man needs help tomorrow. Either way definitely want to get into some kind of competition shooting

I don't know why CZ would even think to go with flat safety levers on a competition gun....smh

Basically, since your Shadow 2 has a safety, you have to use it. Now if you can switch it out with an oversized version, that would be your best bet.

They ship with the flat safety because USPSA and IPSC production division (which is what the shadow is optimized for) both require a hammer down start. They do come with a extended safety in the Box but it is just something extra hanging off the gun

Speed Steel is a good place to start. We are a pretty laid back group.
If you have never shot at Tri County Gun Club before then please note that we have a strict "no muzzle over the berm" rule. If at any time you elevate a loaded firearm above the back berm or sidewalls in the action bays, you will be DQ'ed and politely told to leave the match immediately by the match director, as you will be done for the day. ;)

They ship with the flat safety because USPSA and IPSC production division (which is what the shadow is optimized for) both require a hammer down start. They do come with a extended safety in the Box but it is just something extra hanging off the gun
Well that makes sense for those matches but having a safety that is optimized for cocked-n-locked for Speed Steel would be most beneficial . :D

Well that makes sense for those matches but having a safety that is optimized for cocked-n-locked for Speed Steel would be most beneficial . :D
I think I'll have to find a club that operates under steel challenge rules which require a hammer down first shot in production as that was the thing I was most wanting to work on (and i don't think i will get home early enough to tear apart my gun and switch safeties). Perhaps next month I'll have to find a 5th mag for my .22/45 and shoot rimfire for fun.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top