JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It never occurred to me that it wasn't open to the public. Guess I got spoiled going to ARPC matches. Reminds of of the George Carlin line "it's a big club and you ain't in it!"

Thanks for the info, I'll drop them a line.

Speed Steel took a hit at the beginning of Covid regulations. I haven't been in a bit. It should be open to the public now.

@spookshack might have more information

contact the match director via the orss link or possibly some of the SS shooters on here who are tcgc member may chime in. I've shot your club numerous times, not a member of either club and went through the same motions you are now. It is a good shoot, a bit different than albany, a few rules to be conscience of but really nothing absurd.

According to the ORSS website: (Which may be old)

Speed Steel is currently only open to TCGC members, and participants who are "die-hard regulars" at the match

There is a Contact Us page. Trying dropping them a note to see if there is any newer info.

I don't think it was ever enforced.
The match director may or may not reply to your inquiries via orss. My bet is he won't.

None the less, if you want to shoot the match, come on out. I highly doubt he would turn you away.

Unfortunately, I changed job's and my current schedule is Sun-Thurs., so no more SS matches for me. :(

@PiratePast40 You'll need the gate code for speed steel. I never use it as I'm a member. I'm sure BWH can provide it to you via a PM.

You'll need to make your way to the action bays and go to the stat shack (just left of bay #1, on the left side as you enter the action range). Sign up for the squad you want (1-6), then tell the match director what division you are running and pay him the match fee ($12).

Try to sign up for squad 4. There should be at least a couple people that have squadded with you at Albany. They will get you all dialed in. Bays 8-10 are deep and more often than not, you'll see a stage or two out to 45yds. Not fun with a pistol, so I recommend either a rimfire carbine or PCC your 1st time there.

Absolutely no muzzle over the berm! If you do, you will be DQ'ed ASAP!

I might have forgot some details. If you have anything not covered to your satisfaction, send me a PM and I'll do my best to get them answered for you. ;)

Unfortunately, I changed job's and my current schedule is Sun-Thurs., so no more SS matches for me. :(

@PiratePast40 You'll need the gate code for speed steel. I never use it as I'm a member. I'm sure BWH can provide it to you via a PM.

You'll need to make your way to the action bays and go to the stat shack (just left of bay #1, on the left side as you enter the action range). Sign up for the squad you want (1-6), then tell the match director what division you are running and pay him the match fee ($12).

Try to sign up for squad 4. There should be at least a couple people that have squadded with you at Albany. They will get you all dialed in. Bays 8-10 are deep and more often than not, you'll see a stage or two out to 45yds. Not fun with a pistol, so I recommend either a rimfire carbine or PCC your 1st time there.

I might have forgot some details. If you have anything not covered to your satisfaction, send me a PM and I'll do my best to get them answered for you. ;)
Call in sick, Spook! I will gladly volunteer to write you a doctor's note.

Thanks.

squad #4 is full of cheater guns and there ring leader has a bionic finger that goes full auto

I know it's last minute, but you can also PM me this morning if you want to shoot. You don't need to be a member, I know non-members who have been shooting it. SS at TCGC never uses practiscore to sign up (we have asked multiple times!) but does use it to post scores.

Last Edited:
Had fun but haven't seen the scores yet. Did well on a couple of stages but not so much on others. Was first up on the olive drab targets and didn't even see the first one! :eek: Probably have to come up and do it again in May.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top