JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey there,
I recently picked up a fns 9 which has been great for me so far. I am now trying to get some opinions for the other lefties on what carry guns have worked well for them so far. Looking for a subcompact double stack and single stack. Prefer ambi controls but obviously that option isn't available for everything. I've looked at glock 26, vp9sk and fns 9c already and loved all 3.

Prefer ambi controls but obviously that option isn't available for everything.

Walthers often have abi controls

I am left handed and with the exception of my 43, all my Glocks are Gen 3 and never found the lack of ambi-controls to be an issue.

That said, OP if you like your FNS-9 then, you should go for the FNS-9C, it will keep things simple. Same holsters, same controls (familiarity), you can use the large mag for spares when you carry for increased firepower.

Last Edited:
I carry a G26. I've never owned a "righty" firearm and am so used to pistols, bolt action rifles and others that are geared for right hand that I fear my feeble neanderthal mind would just be confused by a leftie offering. I also use righty scissors, and can only cut wood with a right handed Skil-Saw or a right handed Stihl chainsaw (all of them).

:)

I have to shoot left handed a lot at work. I use an M&P which is completely lefty convertible.

By convertible are you talking to the mag release? I have found the standard placement of the Browning style safety to be fine for left-handed via the trigger finger. I will be the first to admit the HK VPs and Walther lever style safety is probably a better ambi-design but the 1911 is still ingrained in me from decades of use I still prefer the standard setup

By convertible are you talking to the mag release? I have found the standard placement of the Browning style safety to be fine for left-handed via the trigger finger. I will be the first to admit the HK VPs and Walther lever style safety is probably a better ambi-design but the 1911 is still ingrained in me from decades of use I still prefer the standard setup

Ambi slide stops, flippable mag release.

I carry a G26. I've never owned a "righty" firearm and am so used to pistols, bolt action rifles and others that are geared for right hand that I fear my feeble neanderthal mind would just be confused by a leftie offering. I also use righty scissors, and can only cut wood with a right handed Skil-Saw or a right handed Stihl chainsaw (all of them).

:)

Yeah, but did you run with those scissors? o_O

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews