JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Oh I fully expect them to keep trying even if 114 fails. This isn't their first attempt and unfortunately the voters in this state voted it in.

Fantasyland question....if we had a Pro 2A governor (fantasy part) would they have any power to keep something like this off the ballot? I was under the impression that if the required amount of signatures is collected then any measure that does is put on the ballot. Is that incorrect? @Lilhigbee
to your question, it is suppose to be evaluated by the SOS and AG for legality, constitutionality. you can't just get 150k signatures and make something like pedophilia law in Oregon. They are also suppose to put in the economic impacts of ballot measures etc, but they both failed to do their duties and instead of using Known statements and estimates from the states own sheriff associations the costs of millions of millions of tax payor dollars they just said data was unavailable to determine cost to taxpayers. they purposely just turned a blind eye. they need to be held accountable as well. As the oregon constitution states and case law, basically any infringement of the right to bear arms even if temporary is unconstitutional. So isnt the lack of a system in place and a BGC que of 40k a delay/infringement of my right? therefore they have a blatant dereliction of duty and have failed the elected or appointed office and caused harm to at least 40k Oregonians?

No it didn't. It fails the single-issue requirement and should never have been put on the ballot. Anyone of principle wouldn't have allowed it.
It DOES have a single issue, they just didn't tell us that it was to turn our right to defend our lives, those of our loved ones and countrymen, and our country itself into a privilege that can be granted or withheld by caveat of the State.

Meh. There are politicians that support a wide range of gun laws, all the way from NO gun laws wayyyy over to NO GUNS should be the law. And all of those politicians have a range of views on non 2a issues as well. It would be silly to point out that just about everyone on here views the 2a issues to be the most important issue, but not every on out in the world holds that same position.

And no, I will not list, debate or get into whether or not those views are more or less important, more or less constitutional or anything like that, because . . .
View attachment 1330630

#

2. Religious and non-firearm political content is prohibited

We are a single-issue organization, focused solely on bringing people together in support of the 2nd Amendment. Religious and political content is inherently divisive, hurting our cause far more than it could ever help it. This includes news-related content that our staff believes may cause division.

Going tell you right now that sometimes it does feel like I am one of the very few that care about the rules, specifically the part about " focused solely on bringing people together in support of the 2nd Amendment" but I also know that a bunch of you think I probably have a Communist flag on my garage wall :rolleyes:
^^

It was! That is the joy in Easter eggs, knowing that not everyone will find them :s0090:
Found some

10157149_10152326748577365_4995630568653647255_n.png

Some chopped off their proverbial penis and voted against themselves.

In the words of Biden; no joke, I'm serious here.

And the axe convinced the forest that because he was made of wood he was like them.

I was under the impression that if the required amount of signatures is collected then any measure that does is put on the ballot.
It could have been shot down by the courts/secretary of state on the multiple issues basis.

I seem to remember, been a long time ago, that there were some that were.

I'm talking 30 40 years ago when the courts were more balanced.

Jack

From what I've read on that Organization, they've not been very firearms friendly.
They probably would if one of the most powerful (formerly) lobbying and advocacy organizations in the country was working to protect firearms access in general. In the past 15 years the 2A community has done pretty good in court.

That seems unlikely, given they run on donations, but perhaps. Can you provide a reliable citation?
No it's not unlikely. I'd have thought, seeing as self protection seems like a civil liberty? It here somewhere, can't find it now though. ACLU donated $10,000.00 to get 114 passed.

ACLU really sucks! They donated 10K to 114 yet in this link they don't have the balls to urge a yes vote.

The DO urge a yes vote on not making criminals work while in prison.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top