JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Candidates didn't have anything to do with 114. People either voted for or against 114. Left, right, middle, whatever. You either believe in the constitution at its purest or you don't.
You keep making valid points. They are irrelevant to readers who want to continue to believe their beliefs despite the facts.

Candidates didn't have anything to do with 114. People either voted for or against 114. Left, right, middle, whatever. You either believe in the constitution at its purest or you don't.
Not really true. The Suckretary of State allowed this abomination onto the ballot and she is very much a candidate.

Not really true. The Suckretary of State allowed this abomination onto the ballot and she is very much a candidate.
I meant in regards to the election, the candidates for gov and so forth had nothing to do with this. It was created by a pastor and Lift Every Voice and they gained enough signatures that it HAD to be on the ballot by law.

I meant in regards to the election, the candidates for gov and so forth had nothing to do with this. It was created by a pastor and Lift Every Voice and they gained enough signatures that it HAD to be on the ballot by law.
No it didn't. It fails the single-issue requirement and should never have been put on the ballot. Anyone of principle wouldn't have allowed it.

No it didn't. It fails the single-issue requirement and should never have been put on the ballot. Anyone of principle wouldn't have allowed it.
Ok, well I'm certainly not going to argue about why it was on the ballot to begin with. But it was not created, driven or otherwise by any candidates on the last ballot.

I agree it should have never even been an idea let alone a measure put to vote. But here we are.

Politicians arrive out of the culture, so culture is important to your gun rights. 114 came out of the Portland culture of democrats wanting control over guns. The Politicians that allowed it on the ballot support the Portland culture.

I suspect that as crime increases,by design, that these same people will have more for the ballot.

Oh I fully expect them to keep trying even if 114 fails. This isn't their first attempt and unfortunately the voters in this state voted it in.

Fantasyland question....if we had a Pro 2A governor (fantasy part) would they have any power to keep something like this off the ballot? I was under the impression that if the required amount of signatures is collected then any measure that does is put on the ballot. Is that incorrect? @Lilhigbee

It takes a foreigner like Elon Musk to realize where our real power is, it's free speech. Without debate and transparency on gun issues it will be fear the drives the vote.

I doubt an informed voter would have put their name on 114 to get it on the ballot. Fear got it on and fear hits the uninformed the hardest.

Free speech is the only way to get folks informed. The 2nd will fall when the first is gone, the power to cancel you over what you say is taking your first amendment.

I think it was John Wayne in the movie Hondo that said " people are going to do what people are going to do".

Oh I fully expect them to keep trying even if 114 fails. This isn't their first attempt and unfortunately the voters in this state voted it in.

Fantasyland question....if we had a Pro 2A governor (fantasy part) would they have any power to keep something like this off the ballot? I was under the impression that if the required amount of signatures is collected then any measure that does is put on the ballot. Is that incorrect? @Lilhigbee
The Governor doesn't have any OFFICIAL power to influence ballot measures, but certainly can lean on the SoS to get their way. A BM that gets sufficient signatures to get on the ballot still has to meet the requirements for a legal ballot measure, ie single-issue, etc. Then the ballot title and summary are SUPPOSED to accurately reflect the contents of the measure, and that is supposed to be overseen by the SoS. Obviously Oregon has gone 'round the bend politically, so getting objective decisions on those issues is part of the fantasy.

Ok, well I'm certainly not going to argue about why it was on the ballot to begin with. But it was not created, driven or otherwise by any candidates on the last ballot.

I agree it should have never even been an idea let alone a measure put to vote. But here we are.

7650DF8D-D9D9-4016-90FB-6EDDA6C9A9ED.jpeg

And still should be...

IIRC wasnt this issue something OFF publicly stated and warned about repeatedly? But then suddenly equality wasnt a factor from LEVO or the media reporting in favor....
THIS ARTICLE MAY LIGHT A FIRE, BUT REMEMBER THEY HAD THEIR YOUNG GUN PERSON OF COLOR DEFENDING 114 IN FED COURT..

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top