JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Candidates matter.... Is a governor required to sign a law into effect?
Acording to this, no

If the bill passes both chambers, it goes to the Governor for approval. The Governor has three choices:

1. Governor signs the bill.
  2. Governor vetoes (or rejects) the bill. The House of Representatives and Senate may override the veto by a two-thirds vote of each chamber.
  3. Governor takes no action. If the Governor doesn't sign the bill, but doesn't veto it, it automatically becomes the law.
While a bill is waiting for the Governor to make a decision, Forward Together leaders and supporters call the Governor's office, send emails, and participate in social media campaigns to urge the Governor to sign or veto the bill.

Right. So what I'm reading is that it's ok to restrict straight white male gun ownership but as soon as a "marginalized" class is affected, it's a bad law.
How I read it is, these poor, poor marginalized humans will CONTINUE to be marginalized and discriminated against by being disallowed a fire arms permit because of their evil, sinfull, disgusting chosen lifestyles.

Not my belief in any way, shape or form.

Meh. There are politicians that support a wide range of gun laws, all the way from NO gun laws wayyyy over to NO GUNS should be the law. And all of those politicians have a range of views on non 2a issues as well. It would be silly to point out that just about everyone on here views the 2a issues to be the most important issue, but not every on out in the world holds that same position.

And no, I will not list, debate or get into whether or not those views are more or less important, more or less constitutional or anything like that, because . . .
View attachment 1330630

#

2. Religious and non-firearm political content is prohibited

We are a single-issue organization, focused solely on bringing people together in support of the 2nd Amendment. Religious and political content is inherently divisive, hurting our cause far more than it could ever help it. This includes news-related content that our staff believes may cause division.

Going tell you right now that sometimes it does feel like I am one of the very few that care about the rules, specifically the part about " focused solely on bringing people together in support of the 2nd Amendment" but I also know that a bunch of you think I probably have a Communist flag on my garage wall :rolleyes:
I don't think you have a Commie flag on your wall.

I believe that people are either for or against the constitution.

Acording to this, no

If the bill passes both chambers, it goes to the Governor for approval. The Governor has three choices:
  1. Governor signs the bill.
  2. Governor vetoes (or rejects) the bill. The House of Representatives and Senate may override the veto by a two-thirds vote of each chamber.
  3. Governor takes no action. If the Governor doesn't sign the bill, but doesn't veto it, it automatically becomes the law.
While a bill is waiting for the Governor to make a decision, Forward Together leaders and supporters call the Governor's office, send emails, and participate in social media campaigns to urge the Governor to sign or veto the bill.
schoolhouse-bill.jpg

I love that song

No. This wasn't a bill created by the Legislature and signed by the Governor. It was an initiative started by a petition and voted into law by the People.
114 should never have been put on the ballot but politicians allowed it. Voting away our constitutional rights, it's how bad politicians get around making laws.

No. This wasn't a bill created by the Legislature and signed by the Governor. It was an initiative started by a petition and voted into law by the People.
If the Governoe does t need to sign this one then in this case candidates dont matter.

But imagine if you will how they would react to a citizen approved bill that went against anything they supoort (abortion, etc.)

I read a lot and just finished another thread on this topic. In the thread a post was made that 114 will stop the mentally ill from buying guns and the leftist are afraid of being declared mentally ill by their behavior. Interesting.

I read a lot and just finished another thread on this topic. In the thread a post was made that 114 will stop the mentally ill from buying guns and the leftist are afraid of being declared mentally ill by their behavior. Interesting.
Well, they are, so.....

Most likely if the state decides to use the same type of form as the revised 4473 with the same questions that in itself should disqualify the person in the article. Questions 20- C, G, K should at least disqualify them from purchasing one, even if the questions on the eventual state forms for permits allow it. I tend to wonder why this person is a "former" FFL and just what that means.

Well, they are, so.....
Interesting part is the new background check, what information will they use that the old background check didn't?

Will they do a search of post on social media?

Will they compare pictures of "what the government decides is acceptable ".

A lot of room to make decisions on gun ownership by political beliefs.

Edited to add, right now the left believes the folks who voted for Trump are criminals and terrorist. Will a background check look for who you support in politics?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top