JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
33,000 died from the common flu last year. Why didn't we do this crap for the common flu?
You're absolutely right, we probably should. bad habits vs good habits.

note on the Kali mandate :
"People may still leave their homes for walks and exercise and for essential needs such as food and medical care. Restaurant meals can still be delivered to homes."

Jr is 16. I'm not too worried about him. But he is now in Lakewood and I'm north of Everett. So it's a long way apart. Most of the people that live in the state are between the two of us
TP, chicken, baking goods, cleaner, flue med, cough drops, all are like unicorns around here.

Too many self involved people screaming about their right to go be dumb.

People are too stupid to self quarantine and are all too happy to spread germs, infect others, and keep this madness flowing past summer and into another flu season.
I mean it's not like the economy is hurting or home values, or retirement savings, unemployment, and so on

People are too stupid to self quarantine and are all too happy to spread germs, infect others, and keep this madness flowing past summer and into another flu season.
I mean it's not like the economy is hurting or home values, or retirement savings, unemployment, and so on
Yep, you just about covered it all there! Haha

its already happening in select areas.

As for Martial Law, I don't think that has been on the table. Last week trump did mention that restricting domestic travel was being considered. But thats all there was on that.

You have more to worry about local state government imposing martial law utilizing the national guard, than from the feds. Depends entirely if your in a hot bed state like WA/CA/NY currently is with this. DoD currently has travel restrictions to ensure the virus don't spread and to keep garrisons on point with capacity in case something would be required.

Cali just did:

Well if anything it will stop the flow of Cali people coming into OR. We have already been infected enough with that blue virus shinola.

A friends grandaughters husband suposedly got a call for national.guard duty for check points. She said the bubblegum wipe inslee will be giving a speech tomorrow. .

I ask every body Ibtalk to and ask if they personally know any onecwith this corona virus.
Not one person personally knows any one who is sick.

It just doesn't add up.

I don't trust the libaral demacrat regieme.

This is going to sound weird, but I'd personally love to chill at home for a while. But what my rôle in the organization is I have to be on without fail. So I travel increasingly empty roadways to the office. Eerie is too strong a word, but it is different. Eventually I'm likely going to have to move key systems to my home office and work from there.

But I am rambling due to fatigue. Wishing you and yours all well. Stay safe. This will pass eventually.

If they determine next that it's transmitted gaseously after eating Taco Bell, will they mandate that we plug our.... oh never mind. :eek:

Newsom, Brown, and Inslee are three lefty Governors drunk with power. Scratch a liberal, you'll find a totalitarian underneath. I hope to God state National Guard and Local law enforcement refuse to enforce these unconstitutional orders. Emergency powers my behind. This is a power grab by hysterical, irrational politicians.

I maybe don't get some of what your saying in the last 3 weeks I have lost $14,000 of my $62,000 in retirement savings. I am lucky I work for a paving co as a dump truck driver as long as the guys on the ground or behind the paver are healthy I will have work this season. The wife works as a bookkeeper at a grocery store. I sent her to work with latex gloves as she has to count money for about an hour every day she works. We all know how clean money is.

The problem is that there's a large percentage of people that don't have any symptoms that are spreadng the virus. Add that to the lack of testing, and you have a perfect storm. Sheltering in place doesn't do anything but kick the can down there road unless everybody does it, which is unlikely as @Oregonhunter5 has pointed out so candidly.
Not true.

You're not going to get or give the virus unless you are within 6' of someone that has expelled aerosolized fluids or you aren't washing your hands.

If most, not all, but most of us shelter in place that works fine. The objective is not to stop everyone from getting it the objective is to reduce the rate of infection over a longer time. Shelter in place reduces the number of people in ICUs at one time and that is the ONLY thing that is going to save lives.

Unless they get a vaccine.

In fact without a vaccine, some percentage of us are going to get it sooner or later. Most of us aren't going to be bothered by it severely. All we can do is to reduce the rate at which it develops so as to allow the ICUs to keep from being overloaded.

Good thinking. Go out, socialize and be merry. That thought process will keep the virus active and spreading and we all get to deal with the chaos even that much longer. :rolleyes:
If I'm going out people are the last thing I want to come across... aka I'd still like to fish and drive around the woods.
Give me a fishing pass and i'm cool with a "stay home" order.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews