JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Relax guys... It's JUST a TV show. :rolleyes:

images-4.jpeg

That Colt is his signature piece, kinda like Eastwood and his flat brim hat. You don't see anyone with a 10-22 with hi-caps. You only need to pierce the walkers soft skull and that is what the 22 would do. Then I would have an AR and a good bolt gun for the marauders.
I also think that you would be better off alone or with one other guy. A large group of people is easier to detect.

My 80 year old friend said he watched it one time and it gave him bad dreams so can't watch it anymore. I can see that happening to a lot of people.o_O

The first thing Rick needs is a new shirt. Geez dude.. A very heavy denim one or raid a motorcycle shop for a leather jacket, pants, full face helmet and gloves. The goal is to avoid bites, buncha slow learners. At least Glen finally found some riot gear recently. I figure the writers need the drama of everybody running around extremely exposed. F that.

I watched the first season and then tapered off. I saw some of the repeats the last couple weeks and I kinda caught up. The l0oonngg dialogs that I mute give me time to think about my load out.

Katana on the back for open field work. Next to the backpack.

Gladius shaped sword on the left hip for close up .

Suppressed 9mm MAC11 with wire stock or mini UZI on the right thigh. Kinda heavy but the stock when extended would really help with moving headshots out to 50 yds or so. Been thinking about a bayonet lug on the suppressor too. 9mm would be plentiful but subsonic ammo isn't so yeah I'd be picking up brass and reloading.

Keep some suppressed AUG/FS2000/Tavors in the truck for rivals. Some scoped hunting rifles too.

Use walkie talkies, keep the batteries charged with panels or a generator.

Find an army base for armored vehicles. Or a Brinks truck for fighting, a delivery van for storage and big RVs or small buses for living space. All vehicles and generators are diesel since it doesn't go bad.

They already tried a prison to hole up. Next time maybe try a condo tower and board up the first floor. Lots of surveillance cameras, especially in the garages before and after foraging runs. A mall would work too but it's been done already. I might just go to the north end of Sauvie Island. Why no watch dogs?

Like I said those five min drama sessions give me lots of time to think about how stupid this crew is. If I wasn't into the hardware the episodes would bore me to sleep.

I think that a spear would do better than a gun in most scenes. Maybe an 8 footer or so. Then practice a thrust/pull back sort of routine. Stand on the roof of a van and poke zombies all day. Unlimited shots and quiet.

**snip**
They already tried a prison to hole up. Next time maybe try a condo tower and board up the first floor. Lots of surveillance cameras, especially in the garages before and after foraging runs. A mall would work too but it's been done already. I might just go to the north end of Sauvie Island. Why no watch dogs?

Like I said those five min drama sessions give me lots of time to think about how stupid this crew is. If I wasn't into the hardware the episodes would bore me to sleep.

You do know there's a nude beach on the north end of Sauvie, right? o_O Bunch nasty fat dudes (and equally unattractive ladies) lettin' it all hang out. That's just zombie bait (or who knows, that *might* be enough to repel a zombie, never seen a zombie puke).

I think I'd rather find an island that doesn't have a road going to it - ruling out Sauvie and Government Island. Harder for people and zombies to access - though depending on which zombie lore you follow - the zombies could walk on the bottom of the river/lake/ocean and eventually wind up on the island, since they don't breath. I think the current on the Columbia and Willamette would both be swift enough to keep them from being successful - you'd just have to watch the upstream end for zombies washing up onto the beach because of the current. But that could be solved by building fortifications out of sharpened logs, sticks, or metal spikes - let them impale themselves and get stuck. Dispose of them at your leisure.

Or maybe instead of an island, commandeer a nice big unused boat from one of the marinas and anchor it in the channel. All the comforts of home, move up or downstream as needed, have a smaller skiff to run between the mothership and shore. And no fat naked danglers to deal with, unless you're into that sort of thing. :D

I think that a spear would do better than a gun in most scenes. Maybe an 8 footer or so. Then practice a thrust/pull back sort of routine. Stand on the roof of a van and poke zombies all day. Unlimited shots and quiet.

Yes, and Mr. Spock would agree with your logic, but spearing them just wouldn't be as fun or cool as blasting them. It would save the ammo to deal with the living predators though.

I read a great zombie apocalypse book where some survivors made a killing box out of a steel conex container.
The had it at the end of a wharf that jutted out into a Caribbean island bay.
It had an entrance on the dock side and hidden inside was a meat grinder.
The zombie would hear music from a loud speaker that was set up on top.
Zombie would enter into a dark hallway, drop through a trap door and fall into the meat grinder which would dump the remains into the bay where the local sharks cleaned up the mess.
Worked like a charm.

i'll stick with a good Katana Sword or a sharp Machete as far as the zombies go.

As far as what guns I would carry ? it would be what every i have the most ammo for.

Last Edited:
The Show it quite fun to watch but quite unrealistic to the point of being stupid it you really think about it, so i don't think about it and just enjoy the show.

why is no one wearing forearm protection ? this should be standard daily ware even if its frekin duct tape, rags , leather riding gear anything that will protect the fore arms while blocking walkers

Tyreese and many others would still be alive with a little precautionary arm guards

But the biggest threat is the walking alive so keep that in mind

Last Edited:
You do know there's a nude beach on the north end of Sauvie, right? o_O Bunch nasty fat dudes (and equally unattractive ladies) lettin' it all hang out. That's just zombie bait (or who knows, that *might* be enough to repel a zombie, never seen a zombie puke).

I think I'd rather find an island that doesn't have a road going to it - ruling out Sauvie and Government Island. Harder for people and zombies to access - though depending on which zombie lore you follow - the zombies could walk on the bottom of the river/lake/ocean and eventually wind up on the island, since they don't breath. I think the current on the Columbia and Willamette would both be swift enough to keep them from being successful - you'd just have to watch the upstream end for zombies washing up onto the beach because of the current. But that could be solved by building fortifications out of sharpened logs, sticks, or metal spikes - let them impale themselves and get stuck. Dispose of them at your leisure.

Or maybe instead of an island, commandeer a nice big unused boat from one of the marinas and anchor it in the channel. All the comforts of home, move up or downstream as needed, have a smaller skiff to run between the mothership and shore. And no fat naked danglers to deal with, unless you're into that sort of thing. :D

It's the real people that would ruin your day, put yourself on an island or a tall building and you have trapped yourself :D

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top