JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Show it quite fun to watch but quite unrealistic to the point of being stupid it you really think about it so i don't think about and just enjoy the show.

why is no one wearing forearm protection ? this should be standard daily ware even if its frekin duct tape, rags , leather riding gear anything that will protect the fore arms while blocking walkers

Tyreese and many others would still be alive with a little precautionary arm guards

These guys live in a universe where Max Brooks doesn't exist and haven't read World War Z or the Zombie Survival Guide. Two things from World War Z would certainly up the survival rate of the living - the bite proof suits and the "Lob" (lobotomizer) which was essentially a short handled flat shovel with sharpened edges for close quarters zombie dispatching.

I live under the deadly snake theory, you got deadly snakes around the house you terminate them. I often wonder why the groups don't go out and hunt the dead thus clearing a big area to live in? No need for bait as you can call them with near any noise. o_O

Well first you have to remember that they try not to shoot very much as the gunfire draws more Walkers to the sound of the shots and can make the problem worse and gives away your position to any living bad guys.

I also agree the Walkers are not the worst problem it is the live folks that have managed to survive by doing whatever is needed including trying to kill you or your group.

Now for the OP I would still keep the Colt Python Revolver as I just like them but it would not be my main firearm more a back up, sort of the last ditch firearm also it is a good hand me down it you survive.

I am a fan of the Glock 19 and that would be my first choice along with a couple standard mags as well as a couple 33 rd mags. That combo is not too heavy to carry day in and day out. I like the 9mm as it is a NATO round so it should be easy to find as it is also one of the most stock piled by both civilians and military.

An SBR AR15 with a 11.5 barrel would be cool as well with battle carry of 6 mags and one in the gun but it might get in the way of fighting with a sword or machete while trying to keep silent. No gunfire.

As a side note most on the show do not carry ammo vest so as some have said you never see them reload or very seldom but how could you as they have nothing on to carry extra mags.

I live under the deadly snake theory, you got deadly snakes around the house you terminate them. I often wonder why the groups don't go out and hunt the dead thus clearing a big area to live in? No need for bait as you can call them with near any noise. o_O

Stupid deadly snakes.

There were areas that were infestation were I grew up. I got real tired of stepping on them! Some close calls still give me nightmares. And my brother did end up getting bit. My friends dad was bit in the face!
There were under the front steps of my friends house.

If there over two feet long. Or near people. And I cant easily relocate them. I kill them.

Thanks for the memories Just Jim! :s0140:

I for one will not be getting bit by a zombie. If there is such thing as a professional at not getting bit. It's me.

Last Edited:
Stupid deadly snakes.

There were areas that were infestation were I grew up. I got real tired of stepping on them! Some close calls still give me nightmares. And my brother did end up getting bit. My friends dad was bit in the face!
There were under the front steps of my friends house.

If there over two feet long. Or near people. And I cant easily relocate them. I kill them.

Thanks for the memories Just Jim! :s0140:

I for one will not be getting bit by a zombie. If there is such thing as a professional at not getting bit. It's me.

Years ago they tried to settle The Dalles but there were too many snakes and people wouldn't stay there. Turns out they brought in hogs and the hogs killed off enough snakes the area could be settled. Seems snake bites don't bother hogs.

I grew up 30 miles northeast of The Dalles.

Lousy SOB's could have sent there snake eating hogs up my way. Would have made growing up less terrifying!

But come to think of it. I did get a first rate education in bite avoidance.:oops:

And shooting......

I grew up between Merlin and Galice along the lower Rogue River. We had a few snakes.

Back to topic, does it drive anyone else nuts that characters on the show so frequently and casually use the "knife to the head" move to dispatch walkers? In my mind this should be a last ditch maneuver since you basically have get within biting range to pull it off.

Wouldn't a longer blade weapon be a better choice? Something like a Zulu assegai, javelin, etc. that can be used and yet still keep the undead far beyond arms reach. ???

E

The characters in the show don't seem to adapt or are very slow at it. A sapling de branched, sharpened and smoke hardened would last a good while. Personally, I would have invented all kinds of zombie; traps, barriers and dispatchers. Zombie snares anyone? Easier to poke if they're anchored down.

A sapling de branched, sharpened and smoke hardened would last a good while....... Easier to poke if they're anchored down.

Thought about a sharp walking stick.

At long range use at as a shooting stick and steady your aim.

In open country swing it through their kneecaps knocking them down. Like you said it's easier to stab an immobile melon.

At close range use it in the off hand to hold them steady at arms reach while you get em with the short sword or bayonet.

BTW it doesn't have to be wood. A metal tube that you can attach a bayonet would work too. Some people might not want to walk around with a sharp point inches from their head.

Just watched Gladiator. Now that's a short stabbing sword right there. With enough weight to also hack parts off.

What really gets me is Daryl uses a crossbow, hasn't had a bath in years nor even a hair cut but there are women everywhere that want to love him.:confused: Ole Rick couldn't even get lucky in the prison with the women locked up with him. So much for the "python" status symbol.

What really gets me is Daryl uses a crossbow, hasn't had a bath in years nor even a hair cut but there are women everywhere that want to love him.:confused: Ole Rick couldn't even get lucky in the prison with the women locked up with him. So much for the "python" status symbol.

Now here's a guy who knows reality.

For large groups of walkers,I'd take a Saiga 12 with a 30 round drum of 00 buck. That would be 180 .30 cal balls going out as fast as a AR15 shooting 30 roughly .22 cal projectiles. G17 for a sidearm.

Question. Do zombies eat wildlife? Ever seen a zombie deer?

I'm been to Georgia and there's tame pigs and cattle all penned up just about everywhere. Why are these guys all starving and scavenging?

Question. Do zombies eat wildlife? Ever seen a zombie deer?

I'm been to Georgia and there's tame pigs and cattle all penned up just about everywhere. Why are these guys all starving and scavenging?

Seem to recall zombies eating Rick horse in first show.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top