JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Most in the millennial generation (XY & Z) can't comprehend life without electronics, Gawd forbid the power goes out and we'll see who the smart ones are when it does... SMH

We taught our kids as much about life and how to live without stuff, as their brains (and attention spans) could absorb while they were at home. They have told us that they are thankful that we didn't hold their hands and tell them they were super special, that unicorns and snowflakes were real...:D

Having grown up in the South East, we always had Hurricane supplies. When I bought my house in Florida, that was one of the first things we put together.

When we moved cross country to the PNW, I was surprised that people forgot what happened when St. Helens [edited Mary's] blew.

Yeah, we still rotate through those supplies and have taught our kids the same.

Last Edited:
folks are just oblivious, thinking nothing will change, they'll always have whatever they need

That the lights will always come on when they flip the switch.

my wife wasn't real pleased with the amount of guns and ammo I had amassed once upon a time.

Guns have long been a store of value. Unfortunately, contemporary changes in the law have taken some of the liquidity away. At least in times of order.

I was a prepper before prepping was cool..

When I began, it was called "Survivalism."

People have short memories

Yes they do. Just look at the financial world, nothing learned since 2008, Feds ready to create 6 Trillion in new money. Quantitative easing (sleazing) after 2008 took a lot of the buying power out of our money. Look for another battering of buying power in the dollar. F series trucks that are now $60K, what will they be in a few years, $120K? That is if Ford is still in business by then. Of course the government tells us there is no inflation.

Having grown up in the South East, we always had Hurricane supplies. When I bought my house in Florida, that was one of the first things we put together.

When we moved cross country to the PNW, I was surprised that people forgot what happened when St. Mary's blew.

Yeah, we still rotate through those supplies and have taught our kids the same.
St. Mary's?
Did I miss one? :(

Being bat bubblegum crazy and being right are not mutually exclusive. Preps are good but sometimes people let fretting about how life may end get in the way of enjoying it. I see way to much "I told you so" going on.
One can definitely let it get away from them and get too "focused" on prepping. Becomes an obsession. I've seen it too.

But anything can become an obsession if you get too wrapped up in it. Moderation and perspective is key.
Also need a plan with a beginning and an ending in it. No sense in buying MORE of everything after you already have enough to meet your ultimate plan.

I

I just hope folks will consider preparing at least minimally and not just have the attitude of "Whew, glad we got through that, what are we going to do with all this toilet paper?"
What you just typed in the beginning is crazy talk. The end part will remain true.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top