JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Who’s watching Red Dawn tonight?(the original)

• Total voters
They originally filmed the remake with the invading army being Chinese. The CCP pressured Hollywood into changing them to North Korean. CCP says "jump" and Hollywood, like the NBA/NFL, etc. say "How high?" Pathetic

Certain films I just have to have on disc.
I rarely enjoy clone remakes. Plots are usually diluted, second rate actors are cast and new directors have to carve their initials into the plot.
My biggest gripe is the demise of VHS. Its a conamust plot. :mad:

I have watched the original "Red Dawn" so many times over the years and I was in college when it came out. I have never seen the remake but people that saw the remake say it was not very good.
I was in Vilseck, W. Germany when it came out. We were going through M-1 transition from the M60's and I was the only armorer for the firing line all day doing all of the S-4 level 2 support. After a long day, my platoon leader dragged me to the theater on post to see the movie. I was wiped out and trying to stay awake. Then when they dropped the napalm on the Russian line I shot up and screamed "NA-PAAAALM" at the top of my lungs. I was a highly motivated Sp4. The Lt told me to take the next day off. Best movie ever.

Last Edited:
I was in Vilseck, W. Germany when it came out. We were going through M-1 transition from the M60's and I was the only armorer for the firing line all day doing all of the S-4 level 2 support. After a long day, my platoon leader dragged me to the theater on post to see the movie. I was wiped out and trying to stay awake. Then when they dropped the napalm on the Russian line I shot up and screamed "NA-PAAAALM" at the top of my lungs. I was a highly motivated Sp4. The Lt told me to take the next day off. Best movie ever.
Hey I was stationed there from 2018-2020

Hey I was stationed there from 2018-2020
I was there in the mid 80's. Went there for several gunneries and other training. It was a good time. My favorite memory was the smell in the winter from all the coal fired stoves. I would imagine these days they probably don't use coal any longer. Glad to hear Vikseck is still in use. Was it still primarily a US base when you were there?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top