JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Greetings all,

Sounds as if some members here have had good experiences at Front Sight, so thought I'd post.

As the title says, seems like we may actually be seeing Front Sight fully coming to fruition, supposedly being finished in ~18 months, and more importantly, has the funding in place for completion. Piazza does appear to have managed some 'proof of concept,' building a mega-training center while others have come and gone. I think many that have watched from the sidelines over the past couple decades have wondered if he'd swim or finally sink.

For me, two things of particular interest are the (soon to be) on-site lodging and the firearms rental. The lodging in and of itself is a nice bonus, particularly if you're taking a longer class. I'm no developer, but I'm guessing getting all that up an running, permits, facilities, plumbing, electrical, maintenance, fire codes, cleaning staff, etc etc etc is no easy accomplishment.

The firearms rental means that if you fly down, you don't have to go through those hurdles (though if time permitting, I'd probably just drive, but that's an extra 3-4 days on top of the class). If they have a Glock or other 'tactical Tupperware,' SIG, 1911 or whatever, it would be plenty sufficient for getting through the class as long as it's reliable and sights are close to on.

I admit, I did succumb to the marketing, and take advantage of a ridiculously-low priced, limited-time membership offer (no longer available BTW) that was simply too good to refuse (with limited 'fun $$,' I don't say this lightly...I can attend for life, and if I go once...just once...for anything, I'll have more than gotten well more than my $$'s worth...).

So long story short, (if you're a member), basically for the cost of airfare (cheap), ammo, and possibly a gun rental, an econobox rental car, and the needed meals, you could attend. What, $500-$600 for a 4 day course? Not too shabby.

So if Front Sight its something you've been interested in, you might want to look into it. Disclaimer: This isn't a solicitation. Other than being a member, I'm not getting any benefits/perks/etc. from Front Sight for others attending/joining... they don't need any help from me in the advertising dept. Basically this is just a 'heads up.' I'll also continue to attend/support 'local' guys as time/budget allows.

It'll be interested to see how things progress once the facility is complete, particularly in terms of marketing, membership, etc.

Aggressive marketing aside (probably hard to do something like this without it though), and some stumbles and bumps along the way, I'd like to see Front Sight (like any quality training organization) succeed...just wish it were closer and not blazing hot o_Oin the summer.

What say you?

BOSS

PS. Constructive criticism/exchanges ok, but let's keep it civil/bashing to a minimum.

Last Edited:
Can they handle the older folks who are nearly in a wheelchair and can not run, stoop, shoot and loot? How about those who can no longer go 8 hard hours? Like me. :(

I would have to guess that ADA compliance would be a requirement for building permits etc.

As to the classes, you'd probably want to go during the cooler months, and I've never seen a civilian training course where the more 'mature' shooters were sternly admonished for stamina/physical limitation issues (tho I've seen a person or two booted for incompetence/unsafe gun handling).

I can't speak for FS directly, but generally speaking...it's voluntary class, you're paying for it (ie you're the 'Client')- if you need to sit down and take a break, I'd do it. NO reputable training facility wants a participant to have any kind of medical episode on their range (tho there is the occasional bump/scratch and the slide reminding shooters not to put their thumb behind it).

The caveat is if there is some form of 'Course Completion Certificate' with requirements, like a qualification, etc., and you aren't able to fulfill those requirement, obviously you might not get the cert. So common sense dictates you select your courses accordingly and not sign up for the HALO, fast rappel,1/2 mile obstacle course type classes.

Best bet would be to contact Front Sight directly with your questions/concerns and see what they have to say.

Part of 'successful' class completion is to plan not only gun/gear, but food/hydration/clothing/sunscreen etc. accordingly. It can make the difference between a good experience and fading fast, which usually directly effects your performance of course.

BOSS

I bought one of their memberships for $18, figured if I never went it was no big loss.
If I do use it, unlimited free classes forever, it's a deal.
A friend of mine went recently and speaks highly of it and enjoyed it. I'll probably go
down sometime next year to check it out and combine it with a vacation in the area.

I think they can handle and train anyone I don't member ship but I did buy two pistol class one 4 day and one 5 day with the 11state carrying concealed class I was supposed to go a few months ago but had to change I will be going some time the class's I bought never expiration so

My friend has two life memberships he bought year's ago for him and his fiancee but she's gone now he told me his memberships he can transfer to someone if he wants so if I like it when I go he could transfer one too me

I did what he told me to do just go and on the website and give them email but don't buy anything and sooner or later they will offer a class to you really cheap and that's what happened .I guess they figure once you go you will want to go again

I bought one of their memberships for $18, figured if I never went it was no big loss.
If I do use it, unlimited free classes forever, it's a deal.
A friend of mine went recently and speaks highly of it and enjoyed it. I'll probably go
down sometime next year to check it out and combine it with a vacation in the area.

I think the vast majority of the people that buy (myself included) fell into that mindset...the membership was just so inexpensive, if you never attend, it's not a big loss. $18...that's a good deal!

It would be interesting to see what percentages/numbers are behind the revenue...how many buy memberships, pay full price for a course, take advantage of promotional offers, etc etc etc. It'll also be interested to see how things operate after he finishes the whole place. I don't think he'd be able to keep selling unlimited lifetime memberships forever for those kind of prices...in all likelihood, it would catch up eventually (exceed the facility's capacity), ie demand may exceed supply...thus I'd guess down the road there will simply more and more lead time needed, restrictions, etc. and of course increased prices.

And as I understand it, you can only sell/transfer memberships (and/or training course certs?) to those that have never attended. So if you have a friend/family member that you'd like to attend or give a membership to, make sure you give it to them before they attend a course.

Personally, I'd be pleased if it really 'settles in,' becomes a real 'resort' and grows significantly in popularity, with scores of folks signing up and attending.

In any event, it is interesting.

Cheers,
BOSS

The Phase II ranges are probably done by now, but I'm still extremely skeptical that the resort portion of Front Sight will ever be built. To me it's just too impractical to build all that literally in the middle of the desert. It's a logistical nightmare.

That said, I still enjoy going there for classes and will continue to do so as long as I can.

To me it's just too impractical to build all that literally in the middle of the desert. It's a logistical nightmare.

That's what they said before the mafia built Vegas.

BTW, I gotta get this out of my system: BASH BASH BASH BASH BASH BASH BASH... Piassa is NOT one of my favorite people. To say the least!!!

That's what they said before the mafia built Vegas.

BTW, I gotta get this out of my system: BASH BASH BASH BASH BASH BASH BASH... Piassa is NOT one of my favorite people. To say the least!!!
I agree! I think he is slimy and I get tired of the phone calls and the emails from him trying to get me to invest money via an upgraded membership, with all kinds of promises that who knows will ever come true.
But I'll still go down sometime for a class, I need to get back my $18 I paid for a "Diamond" membership!

I agree! I think he is slimy and I get tired of the phone calls and the emails from him trying to get me to invest money via an upgraded membership, with all kinds of promises that who knows will ever come true.
But I'll still go down sometime for a class, I need to get back my $18 I paid for a "Diamond" membership!
The epitome of a used car salesmen! You know that the 70's mustache is what convinces everyone that he is honest?o_O

Is he an actual Dr? Or the traditional Dr. of false promises in Ghettology? :eek:

Silly dumb question but where physically is this place located? Nearest City? Airport? Which State?
The nearest major airport is Las Vegas. Front Sight itself is located just outside Pahrump Nevada which is about an hour away from Vegas.

Despite all the naysayers here, I've had nothing but good experiences with Front Sight. Yes, Piazza is a total narcissist and employs less than savory marketing, but I have never once been called, and I've simply blocked them on email, so I hardly ever hear from them.

I feel the instruction I've gotten there has been great, and I love the trips down there. It's a great getaway!

The nearest major airport is Las Vegas. Front Sight itself is located just outside Pahrump Nevada which is about an hour away from Vegas.

Despite all the naysayers here, I've had nothing but good experiences with Front Sight. Yes, Piazza is a total narcissist and employs less than savory marketing, but I have never once been called, and I've simply blocked them on email, so I hardly ever hear from them.

I feel the instruction I've gotten there has been great, and I love the trips down there. It's a great getaway!
Despite narcissist Piazza I still plan to go. People I know who have gone enjoyed it and spoke highly of it.
I get phone calls all the time from them, I don't bother to answer and just delete the message as soon as I know who it's from.

Despite narcissist Piazza I still plan to go. People I know who have gone enjoyed it and spoke highly of it.
I get phone calls all the time from them, I don't bother to answer and just delete the message as soon as I know who it's from.

When are you going down there again, and what class are you taking? I've been wanting to do the four day defensive handgun class again, and to take the practical rifle class.

When are you going down there again, and what class are you taking? I've been wanting to do the four day defensive handgun class again, and to take the practical rifle class.
Probably the four day defensive handgun class. Not sure exactly when, I'll have to check the weather in that part of the world. I hate hot weather so I'll have to see when it is "coolest".

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews