JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wonder what to do with it? I picked up close to 400 .223 and 5.56 brass from the ground when we went mushroom hunting in the Coast Range. It looks to be a bunch of Lake City, some Rem, FC and some marked "SUDU" that I can't find on the head stamp ID site. It all seems to have crimped primer pockets. Is this of any value to any of you? I could run it through the tumbler first, or maybe not, seems like a person would need to shake it REALLY good to get all the walnut out of the tiny necks.

Seeing as I only load handgun I don't ever look at prices for AR brass in the reloading classifieds.

What say youze guys?

Mike

Last Edited:
First, thank you for taking the time to pick up the brass and helping to keep our shooting spots clean.

I recently purchased 1k 223/5.56 once fired range brass, it was $46 delivered to my door. Based on that rate I couldn't value your brass at any more than $20. There were no issues tumbling them in corn cob media and very little media had to be shaken out of the brass by hand.

The solution is pretty obvious to me, you need to buy an AR. ;)

The solution is pretty obvious to me, you need to buy an AR. ;)

Heh...I would like to get a decent Russian/Bulgarian AK 47 some day. No desire what so ever for an AR. Too common I guess.

I use hot water and dishwasher detergent and a tumbler.. going rate for your batch would be about 25 bucks, unprocessed

I already soaked it for a couple hours, stirred it around, drained it and dried it in the dryer on the shoe drying rack. I will tumble it and throw it out to the members for a good price.

Thanks Steve and Blitz.

Last Edited:
I ran a bunch of found brass through my tumbler 2 weeks back I used about 2 pounds of dry rice and a handful of Bonami (non abrasive cleanser) for 1 hour, it did a great job, there was dust inside the case but that could be tumbeled again in an empty tumbler to shake it loose, or sell it dirty:p
Personally if you have bullets, primer, powder...keep it

Well, the stuff came out looking pretty good. Now I'll look through it for any damaged cases and throw it in classifieds for a price (Hopefully) someone can't refuse.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top