JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Went to the Cabella's in Gateway Mall today to exchange some purchases and they have greeters at the entrance of Cabella's asking patorns to check their guns and ammo before entering the store. I mean, if I had been carrying concealed...How would they know?

Is this another gun free, potential crime sceen looking for a kook to make it happen?

Went to the Cabella's in Gateway Mall today to exchange some purchases and they have greeters at the entrance of Cabella's asking patorns to check their guns and ammo before entering the store. I mean, if I had been carrying concealed...How would they know?

Is this another gun free, potential crime sceen looking for a kook to make it happen?

I noticed the signs last time I was at the Tulalip store, it specifies any firearm going in for a trade/sale or repair. Their sign does not say anything about conceal carried or open carried firearms.

The last time I went into a Cabella's, I did see a sign and noted the one I saw said check guns in for trade or repair too. I remember the sign also saying something about that not applying to concealed weapons. Here is a picture of one of thier signs.

Cabela.jpg

Cabela.jpg

I work at a portland based sporting goods store and our signs read: "All firearms must be checked in at customer service - With exception of concealed carry." A lot of people miss the exception part. A lot of people bring firearms in to fit holsters, have optics installed, trade in, etc... The reason for this is to stop a potentially loaded firearm from entering the store and being fumbled with while trying to fit a holster which could obviously result in an accident with your average joe-blow behind the gun. As policy has it the firearm must be brought in unloaded and with no ammunition on your person. A person from the firearm department will be called to the front where they will generally make sure the gun is unloaded and then proceed to the firearm dept. accompanying you (usually carrying your gun, as policy has it) and then you can fiddle with holsters and do whatever you need to do. If have a CHL and you're carrying concealed your weapon must remain entirely concealed otherwise, it's no longer a "concealed" weapon. Is it? People have and do come in with concealed handguns and draw them from their person (loaded) to fit holsters in a busy store. It may sound surprising but it happens. Incidences such as that is what stores like mine try to avoid by posting signs. It's nothing against CHL holders and it certainly doesn't mean its a "gun free zone." Just trying to make it as safe as possible for everyone and to avoid potential law suits and accidents from happening. Simply a little CYA

I noticed the signs last time I was at the Tulalip store, it specifies any firearm going in for a trade/sale or repair. Their sign does not say anything about conceal carried or open carried firearms.

I was in a Cabellas two weeks ago, and that is exactly right. I read it and continued right on past.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top