JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You know trying to make a 9mm perform like a 45 is just a waste of time. Why do you think standard 9mm loads cant make major. You got to really hot rod 9 to get it thier.
The 9mm has been used to kill everybody since 1902. JRuby says it's a wannabe.
You be the judge.

lulz

My .40 S&W pushes a 180gr Hornady XTP at 980fps for $.28 a round. Why pay 5 times the cost for an unproven round that likely won't chamber in Gen 5 Glocks due to their short throats?

Now, if that bullet weight became popular like 147gr has, then it would be an awesome choice.

You could have the capacity of a 9mm and the ballistics of a .40 S&W. But don't see a boutique round gaining traction at those prices.

Last Edited:
I haven't read all the posts on this thread, but I can tell you range practice with 147 grain vs. 115 the 147 g provides harder/harsher felt recoil.

185 Grain in 9 mm - nope.

If I want 185 grain, I'll move up in caliber.

I am not a 9 MM fan, I do own a dozen and just bought a FN 509. I do like and use 9 MM, I just don't like it better than 40. I will shoot 115, 124 and 147 in that new 509, I discovered feeding issues in some guns with some 147 grain, so I test with as wide a variety as I can.
I quit buying 115 about three years ago, still have a ton, but I try to use 124 NATO for all courses we attend.
All that said, I am pretty interested in this new manufacturer, not just this new 9 MM loading, but what they have coming. Cost is important, but I will buy performance, as that is what I want to carry.
I do not carry 180 grain with my 40's I use 165 some, but UW 155 XTP's are my carry favorite. 1300 FPS gives them some authority.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews