JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Went on their website and found that this ammo will be moving at 950fps so it should be pretty nice and quiet with a Suppressor. No into On price but I too would guess it's going to be up there.

$1.39/rd is what is being bantered about.

That isn't bad - comparative to other 'premium' self-defense ammo. I would have expected it to be in the $2-3 range.

Again, we'll see - if its is in the $1-1.50 range actual price I may buy some to try it out - but I would want to see some ballistics tests first - e.g., bare gel, gel with clothing, barriers and so on. I believe that much of the standard projectile weight defensive ammo out there works well, especially the bonded core stuff that is intended for barrier penetration.

I see Paul Harrell and some meat targets in our future.

IIRC, this composite brass made its debut in 9mm around a year ago.. they mainly touting its lightness and that you could reload it many, many times.

The only reason I watched it is because I got called out for giving an opinion without watching it. After watching it my opinion hasn't changed. Maybe they do have some real testing data but that sales video was all fluff. Reminds me of a certain new offshore Aluminum boat builder that claimed the ride of their craft was as good as a much larger heavier Grady White but got the fuel economy of a lighter guage smaller aluminum boat. With boats there is no free lunch due to the laws of physics.

Last Edited:
This was a fluffy video also. All I want to know is, what is the velocity? Was it there and I missed it?

Finally found it elsewhere. 950fps. That's pretty fast for a tiny little cartridge with a really heavy bullet. But alas, I still have no interest.:D

Introducing the first in a line of unbelievably massive rounds, the Seismic Ammo Quakemaker in 9mm. Weighing in at an incredible 185 grains, Quakemaker +M ammo gives your 9mm pistol more momentum then ANY other 9mm round in existence and it does so while staying subsonic (950 FPS), so it's perfect for suppressed weapons.

Last Edited:
Certainly it is a typical gun show puff piece. Pure promo. In the case of new products, S.H.O.T. is almost as much about attracting investors as it is about moving the merchandise.

As to heavy bullets, have shot Speer 260s out of an AMT backup. There is also the option of the Speer 300 grain .451 HP. Looks like it would have to be loaded long (minding C.O.L.) to retain case capacity. Might have to try that.

:DBest case scenario is they open up consistently to their claimed .75" which would limit penetration. I anxiously await testing data. Even at that I would think they would act like these 185 gr Golden Sabers in 45 acp which can be had for about .40/rd.

Remington 45 ACP Ammo

Then again if you used the seismic ammo in the 9mm you could claim (in my best Paul Harell voice), "my 9 is just as powerful as your 45", complete with arm swing and a clenched fist:D.

Last Edited:
To me this is just more proof of how great the 45acp is over the 9. Making 9mm rounds similar in weight to a light 45 acp. I understand the envy.:confused:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top