JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You know trying to make a 9mm perform like a 45 is just a waste of time. Why do you think standard 9mm loads cant make major. You got to really hot rod 9 to get it thier.
The 9mm has been used to kill everybody since 1902. JRuby says it's a wannabe.
You be the judge.

lulz

My .40 S&W pushes a 180gr Hornady XTP at 980fps for $.28 a round. Why pay 5 times the cost for an unproven round that likely won't chamber in Gen 5 Glocks due to their short throats?

Now, if that bullet weight became popular like 147gr has, then it would be an awesome choice.

You could have the capacity of a 9mm and the ballistics of a .40 S&W. But don't see a boutique round gaining traction at those prices.

Last Edited:
I haven't read all the posts on this thread, but I can tell you range practice with 147 grain vs. 115 the 147 g provides harder/harsher felt recoil.

185 Grain in 9 mm - nope.

If I want 185 grain, I'll move up in caliber.

I am not a 9 MM fan, I do own a dozen and just bought a FN 509. I do like and use 9 MM, I just don't like it better than 40. I will shoot 115, 124 and 147 in that new 509, I discovered feeding issues in some guns with some 147 grain, so I test with as wide a variety as I can.
I quit buying 115 about three years ago, still have a ton, but I try to use 124 NATO for all courses we attend.
All that said, I am pretty interested in this new manufacturer, not just this new 9 MM loading, but what they have coming. Cost is important, but I will buy performance, as that is what I want to carry.
I do not carry 180 grain with my 40's I use 165 some, but UW 155 XTP's are my carry favorite. 1300 FPS gives them some authority.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top