JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
On the question above, you know, every time I run into someone who has taken that CCC class, they are much more competent than than average bear. My current main climbing partner (who met his wife in that class) was a "graduate":). Did they stop the classes when Don passed away?

I don't know if CCC still offered that class or not. I think Don had moved on some time before to finish his degree... when he was diagnosed with his tumor, he was living in Idaho.

I forgot the name of the fellow who taught those MHCC courses before Don and Matt, but they always spoke really highly of him. They said that he developed that program way before artificial holds were manufactured and it was predominantly an aid climbing class. They were climbing in stairwells and some sort of gymnasium with exposed beams, and there were slings and 'biners everywhere. As I recall, they said that the graduation climb for the old classes was a group summit of the Pioneer Route, that there were a dozen students on the top all at once!

I don't know if CCC still offered that class or not. I think Don had moved on some time before to finish his degree... when he was diagnosed with his tumor, he was living in Idaho.

I forgot the name of the fellow who taught those MHCC courses before Don and Matt, but they always spoke really highly of him. They said that he developed that program way before artificial holds were manufactured and it was predominantly an aid climbing class. They were climbing in stairwells and some sort of gymnasium with exposed beams, and there were slings and 'biners everywhere. As I recall, they said that the graduation climb for the old classes was a group summit of the Pioneer Route, that there were a dozen students on the top all at once!

The instructor's name was Gary. I just can't remember his last name.

Those were good times climbing in the stairwell in Randall Hall. Matt was also alot of fun when climbing in the gym. One time one of us dropped a nalgene water bottle while climbing above a line dancing class in the gym. They were not happy about it and definately not impressed when Matt dropped into the class via Australian rappel. The rest of us however were.

These have been great responses guys, keep 'em coming. The lists of vehicle "get home" bags have been great. Since I don't travel much, this has been an area I've clearly neglected. I'm thankful the snowstorm gave me a good "test run" and woke me up on this point!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top