JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No snow at my place but colder than a well diggers ankles here in the puget sound region. 15 degrees this AM and only at 20 now with a stiff N breeze.

About 40 degrees here, and light rain. We have been having trouble getting our new solar power system to work with PP&L, and today the installer determined that one leg of the transformer bank had too high a voltage. They called PP&L, who said "we have crews standing around waiting to repair downed lines from the expected storm. I'll send out a crew right now and replace the transformer bank." The local lineman stopped by and confirmed that they will have it done by 9 PM, with our power out for about an hour.

We had expected it to take weeks to get this scheduled, based on previous experience.

It is an ill wind that blows nobody any good.

Almost 10pm; and in the last 4 hours despite forecasts, there hasn't been any sign of literal snowflakes, just a brief period of fog, then cloudy with temps havibg dropped from 40s to 30 now.. supposedly a wintry mix will happen but so far it just doesnt look like it. However; due to wet roads and water on surfaces from the rain/possible snow... I'm confident it'll be icy come morning.

Turned out to be a real dud here, at least so far. Got some flurries last night. Temp is low 20's though and going to drop into the teens all weekend. Bone dry though so roads are fine. I did head out before first light to change out the humming bird feeders since they were frozen solid. In the dark I could hear them buzzing around my head to feed as I was hanging up the fresh ones :D
We have 24 inches of bupkis here. Guess I will be handing out more guns to folks tomorrow.

Makes you feel any better, I live just north of San Antonio TX. We won't see single digits here but will probably have a touch of snow and some freezing rain Sunday into Monday. Overnights will be under 20*. Houses here are built to radiate heat back out, not retain it. Have been to the store, covered the outside plants, filled the tank with gas, have an extra propane. So my dogs and I will sit it out. It will end in a couple of days. (Worst danger is a frozen pipe inside the wall!)

Of course all this brings about people thinking that they HAVE to go somewhere so they jump into their cars and go out to use all of their collision deductible! One days pay won't be enough!

Thank the jesus my solar powered tesla now has a range of two miles due to the cold.. oh wait, the grid took my battery to zero. Now I'll die.
Thanks, ftards!

Lulz, not really.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top