JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been doing a lot of study on metabolism and how it changes during calorie restriction. I am still not solidly convinced that there are major changes in your basal metabolic rate from dieting but I am becoming more open to the idea.

It is often viewed as a bad thing if you slow your BMR as that means your body needs less energy to do the same amount of work (keeping you alive). It would be similiar as improving the gas mileage on your car. I would argue that in a famine situation where energy is in short supply, lowering your BMR would be positive. It would allow you to get by on less food while still keeping the lights on inside your body?

A skinny fat body composition might be best to survive a shelter in place famine where you have food stored in your shelter.

These suggestions are only related to surviving a famine not for optimal long term health or to pick up a date at spring break.

Come play Call of Doodoo with me and I'll share all my secrets to surviving a famine in game chat
1_Casey-King.jpg

I wonder about such things often enough. So many variables; environmental toxins, illness, skin and dental infections. And then the mental and emotional contributors. Anxiety, lack of sleep, etc.
Your metabolism may well shift if any of these things change. In other words, this particular rabbit hole runs deep. It's still interesting to ponder and discuss.

Your body will do what it needs to in order to survive. Those of us with the wrong genetics for famine will not make it. I on the other hand will gain weight chewing twigs and grass.

our genetics were culled long ago when feast / famine was the norm. What isn't the norm is feast / feast while sitting behind the wheel, desk and on the couch.

During famine, genetically your body will remember and if youre active while hungry, youll burn excess fat, build muscle and will feel capital doing so.

after losing all your body fat and you can't find any food here in North America, you don't deserve to pass your genes along. adios.

Anyone heard of jase medical? Less than 300$ you get a antibiotics kit for the shtf times
Most interesting. Reviewing this now.
A fit healthy body is going to be the most durable and best able to survive any kinds of stresses put on it.
Well said. A 45 year old who is very self-disciplined about their health is going to do better than 23 year old who's a train-wreck.

Get fat adapted and teach your body to burn fat vs just glucose/sugars/carbs. You have 1000x the energy source on your body in terms of usable fat. People have fasted over a year with NO FOOD or cals and remained healthy, or actually healthier.

Sugar burners are pretty much toast in a week as they need constant glucose for energy.

If people were not so blind to the truth of fasting all the pharms and 90% of the doctors would be out of work. I am just an average Joe but I know if I had to go a month w/o any food at all, I could. Have done a few week-long fasts. Doing so, you tell your body to eat damaged or weak cells as well as fat. You essentially rebuild yourself.

Back in my very poor days I went five days w/o food and it was horrid. The difference? My body was used to getting all energy for carbs/sugars. Just cannot 'flip the switch' - it often takes weeks to become fat adapted.

Being able to only need a water source for SHTF for 30+ days is very much a huge advantage.

Get fat adapted and teach your body to burn fat vs just glucose/sugars/carbs. You have 1000x the energy source on your body in terms of usable fat. People have fasted over a year with NO FOOD or cals and remained healthy, or actually healthier.

Sugar burners are pretty much toast in a week as they need constant glucose for energy.

If people were not so blind to the truth of fasting all the pharms and 90% of the doctors would be out of work. I am just an average Joe but I know if I had to go a month w/o any food at all, I could. Have done a few week-long fasts. Doing so, you tell your body to eat damaged or weak cells as well as fat. You essentially rebuild yourself.

Back in my very poor days I went five days w/o food and it was horrid. The difference? My body was used to getting all energy for carbs/sugars. Just cannot 'flip the switch' - it often takes weeks to become fat adapted.

Being able to only need a water source for SHTF for 30+ days is very much a huge advantage.
Just by switching to Fat and Protein to begin with you will make yourself better prepared to survive. In our current dietary patterns we are placing our liver (the organ responsible for storing energy and making it available when needed as well as filtering out all toxins, under extreme stress. It's so bad that fructose and glucose are now more likely to cause a fatty liver than alcohol. Now add in all the extra stressors that come with SHTF.

The best way to get that cornerstone of health and robustness in shape is by simply letting it heal:
  • Avoid alcohol
  • Get fructose out of your diet
  • Minimize glucose (note: table sugar is 50% fructose and 50% glucose)
  • Avoid processed foods (chemicals and stabilizers the liver has to treat as poisons)
  • Avoid ready made foods that are chock full of preservatives, artificial colors, etc. the liver has to treat as poisons)
  • GMO foods because the reason they are typically modified to to make them tolerate pesticides better, that you then eat and your liver must remove.
  • Wheat because it's mostly fructose and glucose but also because it's full of allergens the liver also has to deal with
  • Poor quality oils. That is everything that isn't Omega 3, olive, coconut, butter, lard, and avocado (marginal). The rest (vegetable, canola, corn, rtc.) have to be heavily processed, then bleached and perfumed to cover up the ill effects of manufacture.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top