JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
3MTA3 Great stuff, 100% correct. Gov is NOT your friend in all the above. All the profitable garbage goods and a sickly, weak populace is what is desired. The FDA is controlled by the Pharm mega-corps. Most top staff at Phizzzer are ex-FDA, given a 10 or more pay raise. Gov doesn't give a damn. Corps have suppressed all real knowledge and cures. As in cancer was 'cured' in the 50s, but forget about them, the corrupt med system for profit says NO.

Fortunately, the average Joe can take matters into his own hands and reject their 'recommendations.' One of the few ways in which being awake yields great benefits vs the ignorant and gullible masses.

3MT, well said...I think we all know it, the hard part is doing it......
Once I get started I prefer those foods so it's easy to stay on track. Mrs. 3M is a carb and sugar addict, and I wind up allowing myself to get off track. What we are doing now is that I prepare the base meal (I do the cooking) then she can add the crap foods she wants. I'd prefer she eats healthier, but you can't force behavior on anyone other than yourself.

Planning on fried cabbage tomorrow night (Cabbage, onions, bell peppers, polish sausage and bacon), which except for the preservatives in the sausage are pro liver health and keto all the way. It's a recipe I got off YouTube and where I learned that when an old black guy is cooking you better pay attention.

It is generally accepted that a slower metabolism equals a longer life. Over the last year of dieting I definitely feel like I have lowered my metabolic rate. Part of this is due to being lighter in weight but there seems to be a substantial effect on how my body uses energy. I believe I am doing a similiar amount of work but using a lot less energy to do it.

The downside is I will need to eat less to maintain current weight based on doing activity level.

The upside is I will live longer and save money on groceries.

1663943335643.png

1663943516323.png

1663943421289.png

1663943685316.png

Aloha, Mark

PS...........take a music break.......

Well, in the land of good beer, this is truly and awfully traumatizing.

Are you saying "avoid all alcohol totally," or "judicious beer use with spicy food allowed" ....
Moderation as always. For most of us fructose and sucrose (sugar, all carbs and in high concentration in refined carbs) have replaced alcohol as the primary reason for fatty liver and cirrhosis.

When I strictly followed the high carb low fat "healthy" diet that turned me into an obese diabetic I had a fatty liver. Every time I had a checkup the doctor would ask me about my use of alcohol because of my fatty liver. Even though I was a six pack a year with a flute of Champaign at weddings and New Year's he was convinced I was a closet alcoholic.

When I finally started listening to my body instead of the experts and wound up high fat, moderate protein, scant carbs my liver magically healed and I lost over a hundred lbs so far. And, yeah, I now enjoy a more frequent drink.

Alcohol is a toxin, has little-to-no nutritional value, consumption is linked with weight gain, and excessive use causes a whole host of health issues, up to and including an early death. If the goal is peek physical performance, a healthy weight, and avoiding preventable disease, there is plenty of data suggesting boot the booze.

Or not, we're (mostly) all adults here, so it up to the individual; personally, I got rid of it some time ago and have found the results overwhelmingly positive. (Granted, moderate consumption is, generally, considered fine, with the current recommendation of no more than two drinks a day for men and one for women. But I don't need nor want it, so one less thing to bother with. YMMV. :s0155: )

Moderation as always. For most of us fructose and sucrose (sugar, all carbs and in high concentration in refined carbs) have replaced alcohol as the primary reason for fatty liver and cirrhosis.

When I strictly followed the high carb low fat "healthy" diet that turned me into an obese diabetic I had a fatty liver. Every time I had a checkup the doctor would ask me about my use of alcohol because of my fatty liver. Even though I was a six pack a year with a flute of Champaign at weddings and New Year's he was convinced I was a closet alcoholic.

When I finally started listening to my body instead of the experts and wound up high fat, moderate protein, scant carbs my liver magically healed and I lost over a hundred lbs so far. And, yeah, I now enjoy a more frequent drink.
Wow, excellent & complete info. Lost 100+ lbs? Fantastic, and congratulations!

There's a doc on YouTube who advocates an all-meat diet (beef, bacon, butter, eggs) and says within 3—15 months you can undo a diabetic situation – I believe it. I have family members who had the "D" and they NEVER gave up the carbs. Hmmmm ....

There's a doc on YouTube who advocates an all-meat diet (beef, bacon, butter, eggs) and says within 3—15 months you can undo a diabetic situation – I believe it. I have family members who had the "D" and they NEVER gave up the carbs. Hmmmm ....
Former Olympian Dr Sten Ekberg is your huckleberry: https://www.youtube.com/c/drekberg

A particularly good discussion about the liver:

Diabetes and liver disease are closely related. The pancreas acts like a negative feedback system to the liver to allow it to store excess blood sugar as fat. That "healthy" high carb diet stresses out the liver and weakens it's insulin response by keeping it constantly overwhelmed.

The result is that the pancreas has to work harder to produce enough insulin to allow the liver to manage blood sugar levels. Eventually, the pancreas will "blow out" like mine did and a new diabetic is born.

Keep in mind that while we are overworking the liver trying to store far more carbs than we were designed for, the liver has almost 70 other essential functions. One of those is neutralizing toxins.

Guess what else we do to torture this essential organ? Yup, we slather on foods contaminated with preservatives (AKA poisons as thay is how they "preserve". Then there are the GMO foods. Not bad in and of itself, most GMOs are designed to be resistant to glyphosate and other pesticides (poisons again).

It's a wonder we all aren't dying from liver disease.

Keep it fresh. Keep it simple. Keep it hme made and if possible home grown. Know what you are putting in your mouth and what the consequences are.

I have learned the hard way, keto and Ketosis ain't the way to go, my most recent "Event" was an eye opener and thankfully I survived and now I am forcing my self to get healthy!
No sugars of any kind, watch your fruits, some are good, many are seriously bad. moderate your fat intake, you want the good fats amd not the bad ones, amd watch your protein intake, again, there is good and bad, so choose accordingly. Gluten is another biggy, less is best, if you absolutely have to have bread, Russian Black bread is the best if made properly! Starches need to be avoided as well, that Baked Potato all loaded up with Sour Cream, onion, bacon and cheese is a heart attack waiting to happen, not to mention what it does to your liver. Primal done correctly is a much better and safer way to go, and you really need to excersize! If you smoke ( guilty) your really gonna have your work cut out for you, and if you drink, even more so, your choice! I have had to make lots of changes, and I have had to commit to doing it, and so far, I'm down 34 pounds and still going target is 195 from 270! We're almost half way there in only 4 months! I'm pushing my self HARD, but I'm also doing it carefully so the results not only stick, but I gain back the health and muscle I lost! I will probably never have my Olympic Swimmers Body back, but I'll be far better off then I am now!

Not a doctor, but this lady has anecdotal evidence of an all meat diet restoring her health. Since she gave this talk that TEDx refuses to publish there have been studies that initially support her experience. Intriguing, but tread carefully

There are alot of people that have auto immune and other diseases that have shown great improvement and are even cured by going carnivore. It's not necessarily that it's all you can eat, but it sets a good baseline by cutting out all the crap.

What alot of people do is go carnivore for awhile, then slowly begin adding in foods one at a time to see how hour body reacts.

Paul Saladino (Carnivore MD) has alot of good info on the YouTube but I don't subscribe to his strict avoidance of vegetables.

Everyone's different and biodiversity is real, so there's no one size fits all solution.

The guy who won the last season of "Alone" fasted for the last twenty+ days he was out there rather than make any effort to procure food. He was really knowledgeable and knew that he could slow his metabolism to a point where he could eek out survival with no caloric input. His days basically looked like going to get water then laying down bundled up in his sleeping bag. He still seemed in good overall shape when he won.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top