JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Bit of an issue with the Ugly Duckling Carbine- in Washington state you are only allowed to use a 5-round magazine when hunting deer, and the UDC uses a six-round clip. Even if I only load five rounds it's technically a violation, the same as if I was using an AR with a twenty-round magazine but loading five.

Honestly I can't imagine how anyone would even know and a Game Agent probably wouldn't much care, but the solution was simple. A few minutes of work with a 1" cold-chisel and a soft hammer and I had two five-round clips. Problem solved.
QYAJ7lf.jpg

Heres a thought that occurred to me the otjer day - are there any 4 or 5 round en bloc loaders for the M1? Guess a fellow would be SOL if he wanted to use one to slay a deer or elk.

Heres a thought that occurred to me the otjer day - are there any 4 or 5 round en bloc loaders for the M1? Guess a fellow would be SOL if he wanted to use one to slay a deer or elk.
Yes there are. They used to be not hard to come by. One method was to saw cut one end of a standard clip (spring steel, VERY hard on your hack saw) so you could bend the lips in at the position of round #5, The clip was no longer symmetrical and had to be loaded with the original unmodified feed lips up but it would only hold five rounds.

i hunted with a 20round mag that i took apart and shoved a stick and some cardboard in to restrict it to 5 rounds. good enough for me.

in my eyes its the same as a shotgun plug but idk what odfw says.

pretty innovative idea you had!

Well.... In any case that is a beautiful execution of what turned out to be a pointless endeavor. I applaud your ingenuity and craftsmanship while lambasting your research skills :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top