JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Bit of an issue with the Ugly Duckling Carbine- in Washington state you are only allowed to use a 5-round magazine when hunting deer, and the UDC uses a six-round clip. Even if I only load five rounds it's technically a violation, the same as if I was using an AR with a twenty-round magazine but loading five.

Honestly I can't imagine how anyone would even know and a Game Agent probably wouldn't much care, but the solution was simple. A few minutes of work with a 1" cold-chisel and a soft hammer and I had two five-round clips. Problem solved.
QYAJ7lf.jpg

Heres a thought that occurred to me the otjer day - are there any 4 or 5 round en bloc loaders for the M1? Guess a fellow would be SOL if he wanted to use one to slay a deer or elk.

Heres a thought that occurred to me the otjer day - are there any 4 or 5 round en bloc loaders for the M1? Guess a fellow would be SOL if he wanted to use one to slay a deer or elk.
Yes there are. They used to be not hard to come by. One method was to saw cut one end of a standard clip (spring steel, VERY hard on your hack saw) so you could bend the lips in at the position of round #5, The clip was no longer symmetrical and had to be loaded with the original unmodified feed lips up but it would only hold five rounds.

i hunted with a 20round mag that i took apart and shoved a stick and some cardboard in to restrict it to 5 rounds. good enough for me.

in my eyes its the same as a shotgun plug but idk what odfw says.

pretty innovative idea you had!

Well.... In any case that is a beautiful execution of what turned out to be a pointless endeavor. I applaud your ingenuity and craftsmanship while lambasting your research skills :D

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top