JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Washington makes it clear that CPL means concealed pistol license when it's issued.

Ironically, a brief perusal of the Washington Code finds no prohibition against carrying firearms other than pistols...

Maybe I just didn't see it.

Yes, I amuse myself by finding things that are not yet illegal. Did you know that flamethrowers are not regulated in any way, at least federally?

Ironically, a brief perusal of the Washington Code finds no prohibition against carrying firearms other than pistols...

Maybe I just didn't see it.

Yes, I amuse myself by finding things that are not yet illegal. Did you know that flamethrowers are not regulated in any way, at least federally?

People are not too fond of carrying the flametrower concealed, something to do with heat, and burnt skin...don't know what the big deal is. They carry lighters! :s0131:

Remember...some states require each handgun to be carried must be listed on the permit. And, some states permits are only valid if the handgun is concealed...not visable. And, some states the permit is only good if the handgun is on your person...not sitting under the car seat.

There's was a court case about this years ago. A guy was arrested for having too much ammo on him (didn't know there was such a thing) the cop said he was carrying far more than personal defense. He went to court and the guy won. Your not restricted and basically under the same laws as police. So if your local cops is carrying four mags, I suggest you do the same. He has a lot of friends to call in a hurry, and I can't even get mine out to the bar.

If they start falling out and onto the ground....you probably got too many.

That just means you need the proper gear:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XX8Y5-BZLaM

There's was a court case about this years ago. A guy was arrested for having too much ammo on him (didn't know there was such a thing) the cop said he was carrying far more than personal defense. He went to court and the guy won. Your not restricted and basically under the same laws as police. So if your local cops is carrying four mags, I suggest you do the same. He has a lot of friends to call in a hurry, and I can't even get mine out to the bar.

My friend on the force has a saying from Academy:

"Always bring a gun to a gun fight.
Better yet, bring two.

And bring friends, with guns."

Come on, you never know when the zombie apocalypse will occur so it's best to be prepared. :D

I can't recall where I read it...but, there is at least one state that only allows one concealed handgun with a CPL.

c'mon. What's your point. This is the Pac Northwest. Is it one of us?

There are some states with laws on the books from the 1700s that make no sense> Do you want all of us to start digging them up? I bet there're a few good ones in there.

Start quoting real laws and naming the states at the very least. Outside that it's al just friend-of-a-friend BS.

I'm just saying...

There are some states with laws on the books from the 1700s that make no sense> Do you want all of us to start digging them up? I bet there're a few good ones in there.

Start quoting real laws and naming the states at the very least. Outside that it's al just friend-of-a-friend BS.

I'm just saying...

What Snew is saying, weatherman, is that we're a bunch of fact-snobs (can't use the word I want to...)

I'm just saying...

Well...crap. I didn't mean to start a war. If this is the way a general comment is responded to here...it may be time to find another forum where folks aren't so capricious.

I wouldn't take it that way.

Its good to know that there might be a state out there that only allows one gun. Some of us DO travel to other states, so that could be potentially useful info.

If you happen to have a reference, that would be even better.

Regardless, the heads up is good to know. I'm sure if there is a state that has this, somebody will point it out (after all, the more capricious ones of us won't rest until we know) and in that case you'll be vindicated.

If not, then we all know what could potentially be another urban legend.

In the meantime, please, keep posting!

If we never put info out there, challenge it, and find the answers, how will we learn? Usually most rumors we hear do have some basis in truth...

I think snew just wants to know the answer ...

I wouldn't take it that way.

Its good to know that there might be a state out there that only allows one gun. Some of us DO travel to other states, so that could be potentially useful info.

If you happen to have a reference, that would be even better.

Regardless, the heads up is good to know. I'm sure if there is a state that has this, somebody will point it out (after all, the more capricious ones of us won't rest until we know) and in that case you'll be vindicated.

If not, then we all know what could potentially be another urban legend.

In the meantime, please, keep posting!

If we never put info out there, challenge it, and find the answers, how will we learn? Usually most rumors we hear do have some basis in truth...

I think snew just wants to know the answer ...

Okay folks..here's one. New Mexico. Here's the text:

"A licensee will only be allowed to carry one concealed handgun on their person at a time."

Here's the link: <broken link removed> (Third paragraph)

Guess I should add...Neither Oregon or Washington permits are honored in New Mexico.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top