JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I love my sig cross but as a taller guy, the length of pull is still about an inch or two short. This is true even with the adjustable stock fully extended. I am wondering if anyone knows of an extension block or know of a gunsmith that would be interested in taking on this project. My thought is it could be added to the receiver side of the hinge (left pic). A design consideration would be that if you extend the length, the bolt handle might hit one the comb posts when folded. But I think there is enough of a gap to thread the bolt handle between the two posts (right pic). I don't think it would be very complicated. No moving parts. Just a slot cut on the top, two faces that match the current layout, and longer replacement screw.

This extension might fix another gripe I have about this rifle in that you can't remove the bolt without half folding the stock. There is a slot cut into the receiver and top of the stock that the bolt rides along, it isn't long enough currently for the bolt to fully clear the receiver to remove it. This extension block might give it sufficient clearance.

I know this isn't something that everyone that owns this gun wants, but I feel that there is probably enough people out there with a similar desire that it might be even worth doing a short run of these. Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks,

1677739690298.png 1677739619602.png

Last Edited:
I ask because there are literally tons of "risers" out there. Basically 1913 rail to 1913 rail. Finding the right one with the right height and number of slots might be possible.

1677771710433.jpeg

There isn't any pic rails. It's a different setup than other sig folding stocks in that the hinge screws directly into the stock frame in one side and the receiver on the other. I can get more pictures tonight.

The more practical approach would be to extend the other end of the stock: put a spacer between the recoil pad and stock attachment. I know it doesn't address the bolt removal gripe, but it's a much more approachable fix to your main problem.

That's a good thought. But it might be another can of worms. The recoil pad is adjustable up/down along a rail when you depress a button on the side of the pad. Because there is moving parts at the interface of the recoil pad and stock, I dont think a traditional spacer would work.

sig-sauer-cross-6-1024x683.jpg Never mind. I thought the cross had a 1913 rail section on the end like the MPX. Looks like it is its own hinge. Looks like it is held in by two screws. One to the gun and one to the stock.

Correct. I can confirm that it just a single screw on either side of the hinge. I might take it off tonight to see what the mating surface looks like.

Nice google-fu btw, I spent a good 10 minutes unsuccessfully looking for a decent picture similar to what you dug up.

Correct. I can confirm that it just a single screw on either side of the hinge. I might take it off tonight to see what the mating surface looks like.

Nice google-fu btw, I spent a good 10 minutes unsuccessfully looking for a decent picture similar to what you dug up.
Lol, it took a bit. I wasn't quite sure if they did or did not use 1913 on the back end. I'm not sure why they didn't. It seems like the standard these days.

Only thing I found was an adapter that allows use of non adjustable stocks.

Looking at this picture, I'd say you should be able to trace the metal part of this piece onto a decent material like a cutting board or similar to add to this. Might need longer bolts than however long the two in the picture are, but I'd say the easiest way would to add spacers.

AB7D6B1F-B7EB-465E-9334-205F46D1244D.jpeg

It isn't readily apparent but that slot on the top of the stock is necessarily for the bolt to travel over top. The standard hinge on other sig folding stocks doesn't have the slot.

The recoil pad has a bunch of moving parts within it to allow for 4 or 5 positional height adjustments. I think it would take more fabrication effort than a standard stock. But maybe it is isolated to one side or the other. I will take a look tonight.

Last Edited:
(They didn't use a 1913 rail on the back end to save weight.)
(Also note that because of how it is designed, you can remove the hinge piece from both the receiver and the buttstock, flip the hinge over so that the side that was attached to the buttstock is now attached to the receiver, and then reattach the buttstock to the flange that was attached to the receiver, and now the buttstock will fold to the left side)
I want an extension piece between the receiver and the hinge so that, as a RH shooter, when I keep my thumb on the RH side, instead of wrapping it around, I can manipulate the RH side safety lever without the hinge interfering with the base of my thumb - and I don't want the buttstock to hinge to the left.

I didnt even think about making it a left side fold. That is a great idea. I never got anywhere with my pursuit of a extension piece, I might come back to it in a couple years. Let me know if you get anywhere. Hell, Ill split the cost if you find someone to fabricate it.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews