JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi,

I have a really nice hand guard that utilizes the standard M4 Delta ring set up, but I don't have an A2 front sight/gas block. It's for a 300 blk with a low profile pistol length gas block. How do I mount the delta ring & hand guard with no A2 sight to hold the front end?

Rodney

Hi,

I have a really nice hand guard that utilizes the standard M4 Delta ring set up, but I don't have an A2 front sight/gas block. It's for a 300 blk with a low profile pistol length gas block. How do I mount the delta ring & hand guard with no A2 sight to hold the front end?

Rodney

Install an A2 front sight. I had a 300 upper like that. The gas block was under the handguards, the sight post served only as a sight, and held the front of the handguard in place.

I have a set of really nice BUIS sites and Reflex sight that I plan on co-witnessing. So the big A2 triangle would be in the way. And I would hate to buy one and cut it down with my chop saw. That might turn out ugly and cutting a perfectly good sight just bugs me for some reason. And mounting it upside down would look weird. I'm thinking inexpensive fixes that work well and look good. But I did think of that initially, thanks though. I do need to buy an end cap for it. Thoughts?

Rodney

You need either a triangular or round front cap. This is the sheet metal steel black finished part that fits between the front hand guard and the OEM taper pin type front site base/gas block.

Check to see what kind of hand guard you have. Probably a round type but I am not sure. The triangular front caps were old style. Good luck. I think I have this correct. If not, sorry. I'm getting old. :)

You need either a triangular or round front cap. This is the sheet metal steel black finished part that fits between the front hand guard and the OEM taper pin type front site base/gas block.

Check to see what kind of hand guard you have. Probably a round type but I am not sure. The triangular front caps were old style. Good luck. I think I have this correct. If not, sorry. I'm getting old. :)

Not necessarily, BCM continues to use triangular end caps on their weapons, the handguard they provide for the Springfield Saint must use a triangular cap. By contrast, the Magpul SL handguard only works with a round end cap.

I have a set of really nice BUIS sites and Reflex sight that I plan on co-witnessing. So the big A2 triangle would be in the way. And I would hate to buy one and cut it down with my chop saw. That might turn out ugly and cutting a perfectly good sight just bugs me for some reason. And mounting it upside down would look weird. I'm thinking inexpensive fixes that work well and look good. But I did think of that initially, thanks though. I do need to buy an end cap for it. Thoughts?

Rodney
How pray, do you intend on attaching your front buis without a pic rail hand guard and only a lo pro gb? Only way i can figure's if you reqlly have a pic rail gb or mount both front and rear irons on the reciever- is your gas block lo pro or picky rail?

Install an A2 front sight. I had a 300 upper like that. The gas block was under the handguards, the sight post served only as a sight, and held the front of the handguard in place.

One doesn't just install an A2 front sight, it requires a special jig and drill press for the taper pins to it correct.

Some are OK using the clamp-on alternative, I'd rather avoid them. IMO if your gas block is exposed should be pinned.

Last Edited:
If its a drop in style handguard what I did was remove my low pro gas block and slip the triangle/round front mountplate behind it.

That is assuming the LPGB is not designed to butt against the journal shoulder, some are.
Hi,

Rodney

Does it have a standard GI barrel nut? That is what delta ring requires.

SAIGA-AR-PIST-500x500.jpg
^^^THIS^^^

That is assuming the LPGB is not designed to butt against the journal shoulder, some are.

To be honest, I had this set up on my 18"er before going to free float and I had no issues. A local gun shop/service shop told me that the .010 or so thickness wouldn't be an issue with gas restrictions. His shop is now closed so....lol. Any ways, I didn't have any issues whatsoever with factory or reloaded ammo.

One doesn't just install an A2 front sight, it requires a special jig and drill press for the taper pins to it correct.

Some are OK using the clamp-on alternative, I'd rather avoid them. IMO if your gas block is exposed should be pinned.

Maybe I should have said "have a gunsmith install" - as I meant to infer such. Most folks don't have the tools to DIY that bit.

Suggestion remains, install or have installed the A2 FSB and run the low pro block under the handguards. Then you can run just about any handguard you want with some limits.

All good stuff. I don't have pics as I am posting from work. It's a 7 1/2 inch drop in quad rail, that drops into a standard M4 set up, replacing the plastic standard hand guard. It takes a round or triangle end cap, as the bottom side fits into the top side so both end caps will work with it. I ordered a round one from Brownells. Don't get me started on how youtube has been treating them. The low profile gas block and tube will fit under it, as it's a pistol length .750 set up for 300 BLK. The only purpose of the "other" gas block is to hold the end cap in place. After reading through all your suggestions; I believe if I get a gas block with the rail extension on it, I can mount my front BUIS sight on it. If it's the correct rail height, it will match up with the quad rail, with just a bit of space between them were the end cap sits. I found a cheap one Vertiforce Tactical using their 15th anniversary coupon code. I'll see if that works; but in the mean time, since I am out less than $20 at this point if this fix works, I am still open to ideas and wisdom.

Thanks,

Rodney

Maybe I should have said "have a gunsmith install" - as I meant to infer such. Most folks don't have the tools to DIY that bit.

Suggestion remains, install or have installed the A2 FSB and run the low pro block under the handguards. Then you can run just about any handguard you want with some limits.

That makes sense now. Set it up like a BCM Kino/Dissipator, (long as the barrel taper, will work) but the op seems to not want a sight tower, I've never found them to be a problem with red dots.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top