JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone else out here have a badd tendency to perform the lusive Bubba to their gun?
Do you just wake up in the morning and decide you know what I'm gonna do I'm gonna ruin a perfectly good gun?
Or do you decide to finish off a 5th of whiskey grab whatever available and see if you can make it shoot bullets?

I think it's time that we have a thread of shame in show what horrible things we have done to firearms

I will start off by showing off a 45acp mauser I built, and a Mak drum that was really dumb

20210613_025028.jpg 20171103_151424.jpg

I have a 10/22 that around 30 years ago I used Plastikote automotive touch up paint to paint the barrel. I wasn't drunk or anything, just trying something different. I still have it and it's actually held up pretty well all this time. Take that Cerakote!

I don't mind experimenting on a gun with little monetary value. Self protection guns or guns of any value at all though I don't do it. I have a heritage rough rider revolver Fe I have refinished multiple times: hammer finish, distressed, I'm thinking of jeweling the whole blasted thing next just for fun.

Horrible is in the eye of the beholder as guns are generally not something many want to see fiddled with by just anyone, unlike cars. I personally cannot think of anything I made worse or even devalued other than a 10-22 stock I blinged up on request for another, then he wasn't able to keep it. Most were preferring the new plastic stocks anyway so no harm no foul there.
On the other side of the coin; Among many other things over the last six decades, I've reconstituted two rusted shotguns now, (12ga & 410)that still work great, one had no stock.
After finding no sample or drawing, and after several years, designed, and finally produced a working multiple use main spring for a 25 acp arista auto pocket pistol that I acquired without a spring to copy.
Made new firing pins from drill bits for two simple old 22 single shot rifles.
Got an old trench gun back to working condition for my daughter.
Straightened a bent frame, and made a new spring, then reblued an old Stevens 22 single shot pistol.
Filed from a saw blade an extractor for another 22 single shot rifle that had an unavailable broken one.
And even though it took two different ejectors, and a ton of fitting filing and refitting, I finally got a 1911 that was severally denting the brass on ejecting to not dent the can and even got it to throw it where I wanted.
But all in all, I don't recall ever screwing up a gun.
My opine is if you enjoy such things, follow @ilikegunspdx advice; find stuff of "little monetary value" do your best and you will learn and better yourself and abilities exponentially over time. (and maybe even surprise yourself)
IMGP0145-1.jpg imgp0057-1.jpg IMGP0247.JPG IMGP0361.JPG IMGP1003.JPG IMGP0101.JPG IMGP0417.JPG IMGP0345.JPG IMGP0342.JPG

Don't think I really have like others have. I have made some screw ups doing modifications but always have fixed them.

Besides bubba mods there is professional bubba mods like Cerakote and grip stippling. Makes me cringe when I see nice firearms hacked up or painted.

If only I had photos of the first few Glocks I attempted to stipple…. Disaster.

I think this is the best example of my drunk Craftmade garbage box.

Some a little fuzzy on how I did it or why but we were knocking back a few brews and one of my Friends said intan possible to build a gun without a proper machine shop, Or something like that.

This was made literally digging for my junk bin. Some scrap steel light pulled off a broken Honda, car battery with A microwave inverter for a welder. and hacksaw, power drill used as a dremel

Screenshot_20210613-195741_Slack.jpg

Some a little fuzzy on how I did it or why but we were knocking back a few brews and one of my Friends said intan possible to build a gun without a proper machine shop, Or something like that.

This was made literally digging for my junk bin. Some scrap steel light pulled off a broken Honda, car battery with A microwave inverter for a welder. and hacksaw, power drill used as a dremel

View attachment 905575
You should move to Kandahar

View attachment 905575
Cool. Did it work?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top