JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
All good stuff. I don't have pics as I am posting from work. It's a 7 1/2 inch drop in quad rail, that drops into a standard M4 set up, replacing the plastic standard hand guard. It takes a round or triangle end cap, as the bottom side fits into the top side so both end caps will work with it. I ordered a round one from Brownells. Don't get me started on how youtube has been treating them. The low profile gas block and tube will fit under it, as it's a pistol length .750 set up for 300 BLK. The only purpose of the "other" gas block is to hold the end cap in place. After reading through all your suggestions; I believe if I get a gas block with the rail extension on it, I can mount my front BUIS sight on it. If it's the correct rail height, it will match up with the quad rail, with just a bit of space between them were the end cap sits. I found a cheap one Vertiforce Tactical using their 15th anniversary coupon code. I'll see if that works; but in the mean time, since I am out less than $20 at this point if this fix works, I am still open to ideas and wisdom.

Thanks,

Rodney

So does your current setup already have a standard GI barrel nut and Delta Ring Assembly?

So does your current setup already have a standard GI barrel nut and Delta Ring Assembly?

Yes. I have a standard GI "kit" for setting up the upper, without the handle or front sight. I was able to secure a really nice quality stripped upper receiver with a small ding on it (blemished) for a good deal. I plan on Cerakoting everything so not a problem. I have a set of nice BUIS sights that I want to co-witness with my nice Reflex. And I already have the nice drop in hand guard, so didn't want to spend any more $$ than needed to finish this build.

Rodney

Yes. I have a standard GI "kit" for setting up the upper, without the handle or front sight. I was able to secure a really nice quality stripped upper receiver with a small ding on it (blemished) for a good deal. I plan on Cerakoting everything so not a problem. I have a set of nice BUIS sights that I want to co-witness with my nice Reflex. And I already have the nice drop in hand guard, so didn't want to spend any more $$ than needed to finish this build.

Rodney

Look forward to seeing the complete build.

The number one accuracy enhancement for the AR is floating the front handgaurd. IMHO
If you want to keep the "As Issued" outward appearance???:rolleyes::rolleyes:o_Oo_O
The Competition Highpower Service Rifle shooters for many years have use a sleeve underneath
the stock hand guards. Also most add a lead weight. :eek: A little shade tree gunsmithing
cut off sling mount on the front sight so the sling will attache to the float sleeve.
p_739000003_1.jpg
https://www.brownells.com/rifle-par...m16-nm-free-float-barrel-sleeve-prod9943.aspx

How pray, do you intend on attaching your front buis without a pic rail hand guard and only a lo pro gb? Only way i can figure's if you reqlly have a pic rail gb or mount both front and rear irons on the reciever- is your gas block lo pro or picky rail?
My bad, i misunderstood delta ring hg for a normal mil spec corn cob hg. Forgot they made aftermarket hand guards that use the issue delta ring. Sorry!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top