JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Do you cut your own stacks, or buy them? Asking because I have an old Western hunter and they need H-shaped oval stacks. Can't seem to find any for sale.
Yep, I cut these from a big section of hide. In this case, I first glued all of the stacks together, and then drilled/carved the slot for the tang. Once assembled, I sanded to final shape. Feel free to PM and I'll see if I can help you out.

I think I'm done buying pocket knives for awhile. I do love using these daily, and the fit/finish quality is great.View attachment 1000551

I like the blade shape on that bottom knife.
Its like a tanto/drop point hybrid shape. I dont recall ever seeing something with that type of blade shape before. Very attractive.
The scale material is a little busy but i could overlook it for the blade.

Last Edited:
Yep, I cut these from a big section of hide. In this case, I first glued all of the stacks together, and then drilled/carved the slot for the tang. Once assembled, I sanded to final shape. Feel free to PM and I'll see if I can help you out.
I re handled a knife with stacked leather on a knife once when I was a kid.. used my uncle's grinder and clogged it all up. He wasn't real happy but it turned out good.

While a great resource, the stacks need to be a different shape. Like so:
E23326FB-C7F6-436E-B050-6C3F5470339F.jpeg
I'll post a pic of the tang later, to illustrate the semi-problematic nature of these stacks. They can't be assembled in the way @2Wheels4Ever used and posted above, they have to stacked into the handle, glued individually, then sanded into shape, otherwise you run the risk of breaking the tangs, or so I've been made to understand.

While a great resource, the stacks need to be a different shape. Like so:
View attachment 1000635
I'll post a pic of the tang later, to illustrate the semi-problematic nature of these stacks. They can't be assembled in the way @2Wheels4Ever used and posted above, they have to stacked into the handle, glued individually, then sanded into shape, otherwise you run the risk of breaking the tangs, or so I've been made to understand.
Interesting tang

I recently traded for this Microtech blue distressed Combat Troodon. It is a cool knife bug very big. This one has very little blade play like the old Vero Beach Microtechs. It is nice but will probably trade it for something smaller.

James

20210808_213536.jpg

I've been looking at the Civivi knives for a while and reading about the great value they offer. Nothing really caught my until I saw this.
I needed a gentleman's type of knife and this fills that niche. I'm not sure how I like it. I think it might need to grow on me.

20210820_150248.jpg 20210820_150058.jpg 20210820_150028.jpg

I've been looking at the Civivi knives for a while and reading about the great value they offer. Nothing really caught my until I saw this.
I needed a gentleman's type of knife and this fills that niche. I'm not sure how I like it. I think it might need to grow on me.

View attachment 1015762 View attachment 1015763 View attachment 1015764
I looked at a few civivi today too.
Not a huge fan of the deep carry pocket clip. Nice, light knives with good fit and finish. Excellent price imo

I looked at a few civivi today too.
Not a huge fan of the deep carry pocket clip. Nice, light knives with good fit and finish. Excellent price imo

The clip doesn't bother me.
I'm a little weird and like super utilitarian knives. So it's usually a Leatherman or a ZT in my pocket. I have several BM's I used to carry.

This was a bit of a departure from my usual purchases. Some of the really nice gentleman's knives are way to pricey for me to justify a purchase.
I think these represent a good value. I might change my mind if the steel proves to be of poor quality.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top