JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You should.

What kind of boat is that?
Funny, I just picked up some deck shoes today.

Are you a member of the Portland Yacht club?

It's just a little San Juan 21. Looking to move up to something 27-30' when the time is right. No yacht club membership. Was thinking of Rose City YC in the future, as they seem to be the most sailing oriented.

Menzerna is a great product but I have a buddy that is a pro detailer and he uses AutoMagic

Oh, there are so many great products from Menzerna, but that can be said about various manufacturers to a limited extent. I prefer Menzerna because of their newest product line's performance with the modern ceramic clear coats, which I run into regularly with the newer Mercedes vehicles. Most notably, though, is their lack of silicone and fillers. I must see my work, even many 3M products contain fillers, but I still have my favorites from 3M as well.

That covers a large portion of my compounds, although I have my many preferences of LSPs from various manufacturers as well. Whether it be Zaino synthetic, Klasse acrylic, P21s carnauba, Zymol carnauba, Natty's carnauba, or otherwise. It's really up to a variety of factors like type of the finish, color of the finish, exposure to the elements, and personal preference. Mainly, I keep away form Silicone like the plague.

To each his own. Although Menzerna may be expensive, it fits my needs best. Which product have you used from Menzerna, if you don't mind me asking?

It's just a little San Juan 21. Looking to move up to something 27-30' when the time is right. No yacht club membership. Was thinking of Rose City YC in the future, as they seem to be the most sailing oriented.

Hm, I'll look into them. An associate of mine is close friends with the owner of the Hayden Island Yacht Center. I mention it because he is a member. I can't wait for the warm season.

Charles.... The Portland Yach Club folks seemed nice enough. Jusn they seem older, more affluent and more power boat oriented. So... do you detail/polich these aircraft and cars?? The discussion on products is interesting. I also have worked in the collision repair industry (I told you my background was varied). We used McGuire products and some items from Industrial Finishes (don't ask me what, I was an Estimator).

I would be interested in meeting some of the members of the Rose City Yacht Club if you take the dive and get a membership. Surely I could go there and speak with them on my own, but I would much rather go with a friend, much more so if I've worked on your craft. I would be very appreciative, and it would be just another great way to make some awesome new friends.

quadpaint05.jpg

Duc_smallpic.JPG

draeflop.jpg

It is an 04 Kawasaki Concours, that trip was to Havre Mt. the pic is near the Id/Mt border on hwy 12, went there for my nephews wedding. 2200 miles, brought two fly rods and couldn't use them, all the rivers were out of shape. Had a great ride.
Weebs, don't I know you from another world? I think we have gone on a few rides together through SBWS.

My parents have been members at Rose City forever. I pretty much grew up there, and even got married in the Club House last summer. Its a great club, but its defiantly not in the same class as Portland or Colombia River Yacht Clubs. Its all DIY, members do most of the maintenance, but its still a great place. And yes they are very Sail oriented. The Colombia River Yachting Association used to have an Opening Day award for best Sail and best Power boat participation for the clubs, but they took the award away because RCYC won the sail one every year.

My parents have been members at Rose City forever. I pretty much grew up there, and even got married in the Club House last summer. Its a great club, but its defiantly not in the same class as Portland or Colombia River Yacht Clubs. Its all DIY, members do most of the maintenance, but its still a great place. And yes they are very Sail oriented. The Colombia River Yachting Association used to have an Opening Day award for best Sail and best Power boat participation for the clubs, but they took the award away because RCYC won the sail one every year.

Let me know next time you go out and would be interested in taking a guest, I'm interested in the hobby, if you haven't noticed already. :s0155:

Maybe we can get 9milman to bring out the San Juan 21.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews